Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maximum depth?  (Read 460 times)

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Maximum depth?
« on: December 11, 2008, 05:41:58 am »

Hello,

I've have a fairly good fort going for now. Food stocks just keep increasing, I've fended off couple of sieges with minimal losses and got Baron/Count just now (end he's "estatic" for the moment).

Thanks to very high elevation differences, I started building my fort around lvl -10 (according to meter on right side), right around where the river was. I explored new mining grounds lately, because only metal I'm able to make weapons from, that I've found, is copper. Gold, nickel and tetrasomething is available but I can't make decent weapons from them.

I mined downwards and then I hit "wall" around -25 (according to meter). Is this the maximum depth I'm able to go? With depth meter, there is in lower right corner another number that decreases when I go down and increases when I go up. I always thought it showed "levels left", but apparently not.

Is there a way to access those "130 levels left"?
If I misunderstuud the number completely, what DOES it mean?

I haven't strip-mined yet all resources on current levels, but would be nice to know if this is the limit or something I just need to figure out by myself. Yes/No-answer to first question is enough for me.
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum depth?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 05:46:48 am »

If you're referring to the number on top-right that goes red and green, it's just ground level, you have to look at the bottom-right for the real levels number, the range's 15 levels past the lowest surface point ( chasms and underground features don't counts ) and 15 levels above peaks.

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum depth?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 05:49:34 am »

Allright, river bottom is at -10, lowest surcafe point, so that fits with the -25 number.

Thanks.
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."