Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maximum number of Entities?  (Read 1586 times)

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Maximum number of Entities?
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:20:52 am »

I've been adding quite a few entities into my game, but whenever I generate a new world, some of them don't show up. I was wondering if there is a maximum number of entities that can be present in the game at one time?

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum number of Entities?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:23:21 am »

I've genned a few world where there haven't been some civ or other (One I recently tried, had only elves and kobolds ) it might be your world's not big enough, or they all can't fit in?

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 02:39:27 am »

I'm using the largest map size, but for some reason, my lizardmen and bugbears always get left out, they don't even show up for character selection in adventure mode.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 02:43:00 am »

Change the max number of civs to 100.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 02:59:41 am »

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I ended up with more civilizations, but none of them were lizardmen or bugbear. Bugbears are under the 'Play Now' option in adventurer mode, but they were there before too. Aside from that, they don't appear to exist. Would it help if I posted the entity files for the two?

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:11:04 am »

Yeah that would help.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 03:15:04 am »

Hope this helps:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 03:54:17 am »

the bugbear dont have a biome to start
and the lizardmen start in lakes, i think the game dont allow aquatic civs now, so it counts as "no biome"
maybe you also get an error for it? look at the errorlog maybe there is some "unknown biome set: any_lake" or something like that.
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

TettyNullus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 03:57:14 am »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] <this allows one to play the creature in adventure mode, IIRC, your Bugbear have it, the lizardman don't

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 04:24:34 am »

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] enables the 'play now' option for the bugbear,the  [ADVENTURE_TIER:11] is supposed to allow it to be played normally in adventure mode, but I suppose that if they are lacking a biome, that would explain why they don't show up outside of that option, although I have been getting no errorlogs for them. I removed the [AMPHIBIOUS] tag from the lizardmen a while back, the reason that they aren't showing up in game is probably because I didn't change their biome, although I can only remember them showing up once prior to my removal of the tag... in a city built on a frozen lake. Thanks for the input, people, you helped me spot some things I probably wouldn't have noticed myself, I'll see if changing their biomes helps.