Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A cave spanning the entire world?  (Read 2063 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Re: A cave spanning the entire world?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 06:20:37 pm »

That was my point and hope to create an underworld....
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:44:51 pm »

There is [CONSTRUCTION:TUNNEL] in the raws. I'm not sure how effective it is, but I think you can give it to kobolds and they'll connect caves through tunnels.
Check out my books at O and H Books

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 09:01:12 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm and maybe if i make alot of kobolds show up it might work in a hackish kinda way...
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 09:13:45 pm »

With the unmodded client you cannot dig at the edge of the map.  You can build floors up to the edge of the map, but you cannot build off another map (it won't support a floor built on a neighboring zone.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 09:17:15 pm »

There is [CONSTRUCTION:TUNNEL] in the raws. I'm not sure how effective it is, but I think you can give it to kobolds and they'll connect caves through tunnels.

*Looks down*

I suddenly feel much less secure.
Shoes...

accent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 09:40:55 pm »

I first erroneously read the subject as "A cave spider the entire world" and thought "Oh no! Not another one of those 'I accidentally the whole bottle'-inspired threads!"

Cave Spider: "I accidentally the entire world!"
Urist McHelpdesk: "Excuse me?"
Cave Spider: "You know, I was happily spinning webs in my cave and got this funny feeling. Then I accidentally the whole world! Can you help?"
Urist McHelpdesk: "Uhh... you seem to be missing a word in that sentence? You accidentally did what?"
Cave Spider: "I don't see what part you don't understand? I just accidentally the whole world".

This would continue on forever but Urist McHelpdesk happens to be a dwarf so he pulls a lever and then - accidentally the whole magma!
Pages: 1 [2]