Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1667542 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #11820 on: March 28, 2014, 05:26:57 pm »

Yeah, anyone feel like helping a lazy brother out and linking to the .14 changelog? I remember somebody saying something about Felids being a little different, and I just played a quick stupid game which killed me quickly, but not so quickly I didn't notice a bunch of new sprites for the tiles version.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:07 pm »

I made a tourney thread.

So get yerselves signed up. Uncle Crawl wants YOU!

EDIT:
@monk12
I found this:
http://crawl.chaosforge.org/0.14
Beware, it's from the dreaded wiki!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:06:50 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: March 29, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »

So I started a throw-away TeDk, to check out how they do. Got a Spear of Chaos from that one Xom vault.

You ever hear that old "Chaos gon kil your arse" saying people keep saying, even though you personally adore Chaos and always use it since it always seems to paralyze and electrocute the enemies?

For y'all ASCII players - that's an Iron Dragon. Not dead to it, but ... that was gonna be my stash :|

Seems like it'll be a pretty great build, though.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: March 31, 2014, 05:13:29 pm »

I'm trying NaTm of Chei today.  It's actually been quite fun.  Chei puts you into all sorts of horrible situations, but he at least gives you some pretty reasonable tools for fixing them (Step from Time and Slouch have both saved me multiple times).  And now I have semicontrolled blink, so I can sortof move away from things rather than casting Blade Hands and hoping for the best.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:36:12 pm by Leafsnail »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: March 31, 2014, 06:52:03 pm »

I'm trying NaTm of Chei today.  It's actually been quite fun.  Chei puts you into all sorts of horrible situations, but he at least gives you some pretty reasonable tools for fixing them (Step from Time and Slouch have both saved me multiple times).  And now I have semicontrolled blink, so I can sortof move away from things rather than casting Blade Hands and hoping for the best.
It's all fun and games until you step around a corner in postgame and get tormented nine times.
Oh and remember all those fun Hell effects? They don't slow down for Chei, so expect to eat a lot of those.

Also his piety cap seems pretty low, or his abilities simply eat a lot of it. I remember having to farm Abyss 2 times to get it back up.

15 runed a NaFi of Chei. Never again.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11825 on: March 31, 2014, 07:08:18 pm »

Wait, really?  Chei piety is one of the easiest to get and it doesn't decay.  The issue is probably that he screws up your character so badly he forces you to use the invocations constantly.

And yeah I'm not going to 15 rune this.

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: April 05, 2014, 03:37:11 pm »

So I tried an easy combo (TrBe) to see the depths before the tournament. I was not disapointed... I had the two lair runes and cleared vault up to lvl 4 and yet the difficulty jump was pretty nasty. I died because of a dumb mistake and could probably have made it, but now I'm less willing to try harder combos.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: April 27, 2014, 11:45:18 am »

So, first game. I went ghoul monk, and ended up getting to level 5 before being killed by a gnoll :C
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: April 27, 2014, 11:53:18 am »

So, first game. I went ghoul monk, and ended up getting to level 5
I think your game lasted approximately 100 times longer than my first game.
You should keep on ;)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11829 on: April 27, 2014, 12:19:02 pm »

Also, where to sell stuff? Are the bazaar places the only way to get to a market???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: April 27, 2014, 12:33:26 pm »

You can't sell items in crawl. You may bump into a treasure trove which requires some items to open up but that's not really selling.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11831 on: April 27, 2014, 12:39:17 pm »

Closest thing to selling is selecting Nemelex Xobeh as your diety and praying away everything you don't need (but this isn't the best strategy because it dilutes the types of decks he might gift).

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: April 27, 2014, 12:48:15 pm »

(but this isn't the best strategy because it dilutes the types of decks he might gift)
This changed in the last version : now the deck chances are fixed ;)
Nemelex is the God of cards, gifting you themed decks (offense, defence, transmutation, traps, ...) when you give him (by praying) items you find in the dungeon. That's a pretty good way to get ranged damage (as 30% of the decks are offensive ones) that works even through heavy armor.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: April 27, 2014, 07:46:25 pm »

Conversations Monk Has at Work: DCSS Edition

"What if there was a DCSS dating sim?"
"Yeah like the player is in an adventuring school and they try to date all the gods in the game."
"Dithmenos is the sketchy crack dealer."
"Trog is the jock football star!"
"Yeah and Vehumet is like the really angry violent nerd who likes Warhammer lore more than is healthy and everyone knows he's gonna crack and go on a shooting spree."
"Sif Muna is the quiet geeky girl in the library."
"Fedhas is the stoner."
"YES! Who else... oh, Jivya's the guy obsessed with popularity and he changes with every fad."
"Yred-whatsisface is the goth kid. He hangs out with Makhleb a lot."
"Yeah, except Makhleb is less goth and more of a metalhead. And Kiku's in that clique too, except he's just the exchange student with a similar taste in music."

The conversation veered to music and the definition of genre at that point, but I feel like all the DCSS gods could map easily to high school stereotypes. Not sure whether the uniques would be pursuable, or competition for favor, or what.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11834 on: April 27, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »

Cheibriados is clearly the stoner.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 990