Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1667174 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #11490 on: November 19, 2013, 01:47:09 pm »

I had one once, I'm pretty sure it was a Xom gift. It was an orc-slaying weapon for my HoCK named "monk12's Bane." Joke's on you, Xom, that was an awesome gift!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11491 on: November 19, 2013, 07:32:31 pm »

I recently picked up this game and am having a lot of fun so far with it, but I've got one big problem; I can't find the macro.txt file! Due to the way my keyboard is and some of my personal gaming preferences, I'd love to rebind several keys and set up a few macros. However upon looking in the settings/ folder where they say said macro.txt file is saved, there's nothing there. It's obviously saving it somewhere, because it's carrying over any changes I make manually through the game, but I don't have a clue where. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very helpful.

Edit: Found the problem. The game had installed itself in the program files directory, but since it wasn't being run as admin it didn't have permission to change that directory to create the macro.txt file. Once I ran it once as admin it worked fine and the file showed up right where it was supposed to be.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:46:23 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11492 on: November 19, 2013, 08:05:21 pm »

http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/TomPliss/TomPliss.txt
why the battleaxe has ur name on it?

You can inscribe items by opening their description and pressing 'I'. There's probably a faster shortcut. Sometimes I like to inscribe "notches" into a weapon for each unique I slay with it.

goblolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11493 on: November 20, 2013, 01:14:04 am »

You can inscribe items by opening their description and pressing 'I'. There's probably a faster shortcut. Sometimes I like to inscribe "notches" into a weapon for each unique I slay with it.
I'll go inscribe my fire storm then.
The first small thing that made me feel awesome was my indoor waterfall. A few minutes later though, it started flooding my fort so I felt less awesome.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11494 on: November 20, 2013, 01:35:11 am »

Actually, [your name]'s Bane is a legitimate thing for the generator to turn up. I got freeformschooler's bane earlier: a terrible, cursed handaxe with a whopping +3 int... on a fighter build :P

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: November 20, 2013, 02:47:11 am »

Well, +int will help you can regeneration, haste, swiftness, repel/deflect missile, and all those utility spells most fighters can find really useful to survive in the "extended" game :D

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: November 21, 2013, 05:39:33 am »

Oh Orc, how you entertain me - my current DsAE cleared Snake right after Lair 8, rather than worrying about more D, Orc etc. I had rPois, extraordinary MR, and freezing cloud, so why the hell not? Quite frankly, its just as well - I go down the the stairs to Orc 1, an orc sorcerer immediately gets up in my face. Clear the first cave of Orc 1, go down to Orc 2, and I get an orc sorcerer again, but with a Warlord and his band for company. On Orc 2. Very nice.

For anyone still newish to Crawl, remember: Lair is *a lot* safer than Orc. Orc 1-3 will be popcorn maybe 60% of the time. The other 40%? Who knows.

Also: its three spell schools, but *damn* I love freezing cloud. Probably my favourite L6 spell.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: November 22, 2013, 08:50:37 am »

Still playing the 0.13 Trunk version with djinn and lava orcs in it. Should probably update sometime, but whatever.

So, playing a DjBe, I looted a +10 plate armour of ponderousness from a labyrinth. Neat. (I thought they had removed ponderousness brand from the game, though. I thought only the Hat of Pondering kept the brand.)

It's probably the best armour I've found so far in terms of AC, although since I'm not following Chei it isn't quite as useful as it could be. Might give it a run once I clear lair and don't need my plate armour of poison resistance as much. Still neat to find it though, I really thought they had removed ponderous brand from anything but the unrandart hat.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: November 22, 2013, 09:03:36 am »

eh eh eh...
Ponderous was removed from chei's abilities.
In fact, wearing this armor would nearly not affect how Chei reacts to you (if you followed her) : It would only had some damage to Slouch (because it's based on the difference in mvt speed between enemies and you) and increase your piety gain against some of the slowest monsters...
Anyway, a +10 plate is always good, and the ponderous brand only slows your mvt speed (by 20%), but not your action speed...
I would wear it ;)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:01 pm »

I would not wear it except maybe as a Centaur (I have the Black Knight Barding on my current character and it rules).  Going from normal movement speed to sub-normal movement speed is a pretty big hit.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11500 on: November 23, 2013, 03:09:00 am »

Posting to watch.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11501 on: November 23, 2013, 01:40:23 pm »

Damn, had very nice HEIE going, had gone down dungeons as far as they went, then returned for lair and went to swamp... Then after killing and reanimating nearly everything died to a bloody Swamp Worm out of all possible.

Btw, how to find on linux the char dump from browser version?

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: November 23, 2013, 04:45:42 pm »

When you say Browser version, you mean the WebTiles ?
It depends on the server. Usually, going in the IRC channel and asking the bot with ##dump or a similar command will tell you where to find the char dumps ...
For reference, on Lantea (the german server), the dumps are on http://crawl.lantea.net/crawl/morgue/USERNAME/

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: November 27, 2013, 12:29:24 am »

Code: [Select]
This trove requires the presence of the horn of Geryon to function. Show it the item?
Yeah, I'll get right on that, Crawl. And I thought the troves that wanted runes were bad...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: November 27, 2013, 04:34:53 am »

The Horn of Geryon isn't too hard to get.  Easier than most runes probably.
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 990