Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1666284 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #4980 on: March 13, 2011, 02:08:31 am »

Well, as a Draconian, it's the only spell you'll ever need.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: March 13, 2011, 02:56:48 am »

Rolled char. Somehow got a mutation on level 1 that makes me shout at random times. Shouted just after entering level 2. Attracted THAT DAMN SIGMUND. R.I.P. Random char.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: March 13, 2011, 03:19:19 am »

Honestly I find Grinder to be more of a pain in the ass than Sigmund ever was.. by far. In the latest development build he spawns on levels 3-6, and it seems like most of the classes I play cannot really deal with him unless they get lucky. There are some exceptions of course, but Grinder definitely takes the cake here. Sigmund stopped being scary to me long ago. Especially since Grinder always seems to paralyze me right next to a hobgoblin.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: March 13, 2011, 03:35:45 am »

Sigmund is OK if you have enough HP to get close to him and do enough melee DPS to kill him before he hurts you, but he's a huge pain in the ass for classes that don't have a lot of HP.
 Who/what is grinder?
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: March 13, 2011, 03:59:00 am »

Sigmund is OK if you have enough HP to get close to him and do enough melee DPS to kill him before he hurts you, but he's a huge pain in the ass for classes that don't have a lot of HP.
 Who/what is grinder?

A really annoying imp.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: March 13, 2011, 04:06:39 am »

Did two more runs.

One got a card deck of summoning on dungeon 3 and died before using it.
 The next one met the ghost of that one. It was like the most OP boss ever. It seemed I could defeat him, then suddenly 3 greater demons and 3 minor ones.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: March 13, 2011, 07:05:48 am »

Oh wait I just identified the short sword that goblin was wearing.
You know how?
I got cast in the Abyss.

My poor level 7 barbarian...

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: March 13, 2011, 09:27:48 am »

Lost a (very successful) dwarf reaver to a centaur with a bow and blink arrows. Such a frustrating combo.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: March 13, 2011, 01:35:49 pm »

The rate at which Spellcasting tends to go up for most races is very frustrating. I always try to boost it in between boosting other magic skills, just so that low level spell-spamming doesn't sap away at the hunger meter.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: March 14, 2011, 01:06:33 pm »

"Oh an ettin skeleton. Let me just siwtch to that broad axe of cho-OH MY GOD, WHERE DID MY LIFEBAR GO?!?"

Skeletons aren't supposed to hit that hard  :(

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: March 14, 2011, 04:19:54 pm »

My spriggan transmuter is doin' fine. I'm raiding Crypt, and found a magic portal to Tukima's studio. There wasn't anything too interesting inside, but I did find a scroll of acquirement. I now have two, and no idea what to acquire. I'm pretty much good for armour. (The randart mottled dragon armour I found earlier, the Cloak of Starlight, the Hat of Pondering, and a +3 buckler of protection I found in the Vaults.) I got over four thousand gold, and nothing I really need it for. I'm not doing too shabby jewelry-wise, but I guess I could use some improvement there.

More importanly, I don't know where I should be going. This is about where my previous spriggan died, and he had summoning decks from Nemelex. I know better now, and won't be going anywhere near Tomb, but I still have no idea what I'm doing. Kicking ass in main dungeon, found some unique angel on D:26 who looked too badass to fight without some strategy beyond "charge". I just memorized Haste and Phase Shift to boost my combat abilities, and casting blade hands and evoking berserk from my sweet armour has been enough to handle things like gold dragons that my trusty short sword of freezing wasn't hurting fast enough. I've gotten the dodge skill to 26, and fully intend to max it. I got 28 AC, 41 EV and 27 SH, and most monsters are simply incapable of hitting me. Fifth-level spells are hungerless, and Deflect Missiles and Haste only cost a "choko". I got the runes from Snake, Swamp and Vaults. It seems that after I get to the bottom of Crypt, the only places left to go are Slime (no), Tomb (double no), the Abyss, Hell, Pandemonium, Zot and two ziggurats. Most of those I've never entered, and the ones I have I've died in. It's kind of really freaking me out.

Oh, and I guess I could go grab all the loot in Swamp, but I still think Swamp is BORING. That will be the last resort.

So. How hard are Ziggurats? How hard is Zot? Should I just hightail it out of the dungeon, having completely fucked up building my character?

Char dump here

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: March 14, 2011, 04:49:10 pm »

ziggurats will simply keep getting harder and harder untill you die or quit(or somehow manage to reach lvl 27). Zot requires caution but is not really that much more dangerous than elf 5 (but look out for orbs of fire, ancient liches and elektric golems). Just go for the orb as winning for the first time is nice :P
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: March 14, 2011, 05:15:46 pm »

Ziggurats are conjurer playgrounds. I'm not sure if its possible to get deeper then a few floors without one of the lvl 9 conjurations, with near max skill. Simply too many mobs of too high a level.

As for what you should do, Swamp, then finish up. Get a win. You could probably survive in the abyss for a while, but I wouldn't. Just get the win.

If you lack books, you can use acquirement for them. You'll get one you don't have.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: March 14, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »

Have you done the elven halls?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48:15 pm »

Yeah, I cleared Elf back when I was looking for a decent buckler.

I just cleared Crypt. Those ancient liches are pretty tough, but silence takes away most of their offensive capabilities. They still take a long while to go down, due to my weapon of choice being a short blade, and the draining is just infuriating. Anyway, I decided to take a dip in Zot, just to see what it was like. Was mobbed by some draconians, nearly died. Second trip, I found an electric golem and hit it until it died. Took a non-negligible chunk of my health away. I'll be in trouble if I ever have to fight more than one. Killed some draconians. They're not too dangerous unless there's many of them, or they get support from the moths of wrath. Third dot of rF would be nice. Ignite Poison doesn't seem to affect green draconians. >:[

But yeah, Zot seems pretty scary, but not super scary. And you're right, I really should wrap up Swamp. I might take the plunge into the Abyss too. Could be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 990