Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1665841 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #4710 on: February 15, 2011, 02:59:51 pm »

I'm playing a Spriggan Venom Mage now.  I imagine him being like the Scout in TF2, dancing around the enemies and taunting them in a Brooklyn accent.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: February 16, 2011, 12:20:15 pm »

Okay, I was directed to this game and I'm confused by something in the tutorial. When I pick up the 50 meat and become encumbered it tells me to type 'd' and then '10' to drop 10 meats, but it doesn't seem to be working. How do you drop a certain number of something?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: February 16, 2011, 12:23:36 pm »

Okay, I was directed to this game and I'm confused by something in the tutorial. When I pick up the 50 meat and become encumbered it tells me to type 'd' and then '10' to drop 10 meats, but it doesn't seem to be working. How do you drop a certain number of something?

'd'rop-hotkey, number of items, item key, enter key.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: February 16, 2011, 01:28:28 pm »

I'm playing a Spriggan Venom Mage now.  I imagine him being like the Scout in TF2, dancing around the enemies and taunting them in a Brooklyn accent.
Hmm, wasn't aware most of the tougher players were immune to the Scout's attacks.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: February 16, 2011, 05:33:34 pm »

You also need a pound sign. d # [amount] [letter] [enter].

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: February 16, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »

No, you don't.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: February 16, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »

d 10 (letter) enter should work.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: February 17, 2011, 05:22:09 pm »

I vaguely recall I had a similar problem when I was playing .7 and tried to drop partial stacks. I would hit 'd' then try to type '10' and it would end up selecting items in the inventory list corresponding to those locations. Eventually, as a workaround, I made a macro that prepares to drop 10 items and waits for me to select the inventory slot.

However, AFAIK the inventory list doesn't use numbers to label inventory slots so I don't know why I was having that problem; it works as advertised in .8. I wonder what I was doing wrong before?

ShadeJS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: February 18, 2011, 07:59:07 am »

d 10 (letter) enter should work.

In tiles, on 7.1, I always use d # (Shift + 3) NUMBER_TO_DROP ITEM_TO_DROP. That's not saying d # doesn't work...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: February 18, 2011, 01:11:00 pm »

On an unrelated note, have updates been changing how labyrinths get designed? Learndb says you should move from rock to stone and metal, but I swear I've explored every inch of metal walls in this labyrinth and can't find the way out. I'm also fairly certain that, in the past, I've found exits that are in rock that were nowhere near metal.

Edit: Bleh. False alarm. Literally 30 seconds after I posted this, I opened up Crawl and found the freaking exit.

Sweet. +2 Robe of the Archmagi.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:22:46 pm by Niveras »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: February 18, 2011, 02:11:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: February 18, 2011, 03:09:17 pm »

This is bullshit.
Finally managed to get a nice human crusader of Ashenzari.
Nice rings, nice amulets. And then after establishing my stash I get surrounded by blink frogs.

Never got further than 1 rune...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: February 18, 2011, 03:18:32 pm »

At the level you are when you run into Blink Frogs, they are very dangerous and never to be underestimated : they hit your character very hard, and they have enough EV to be very difficult to hit, when they just don't blink away from you while another Blink Frog take his place to finish you.

I think at the level one can be when meeting them in Lair, it is easier to kill a Hydra than a pack of only 3 or 4 Blink Frogs.
The worst being when you're stuck far from any corridor, if you can't teleport away (either you don't have scroll for it , or the random number teleport you nearly where you're already are), you're basically dead.

So never hesitate to use your wands on them, you're definitively not wasting their charges considering those packs can kill your character easily.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:21:11 pm by Robsoie »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: February 18, 2011, 03:25:48 pm »

I just tought freezing aura and berserk would be enough...
The problem is, that I'm probably too used to playing fighters and berserkers.

Smackinjuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: February 18, 2011, 03:58:03 pm »

Wow you guys love this game;  I been playing it for a while too; I have a minotaur, who worships the destructive god (forgot his name)

it allows me to berserk
one more spell that regenerates health
it wants me to pray to dead bodies so he can eat up
burn spell books
and i can summon some creatures; but it requires him to like you a TON for it to even get a good rate of working.

Anyhow the game says you should have all your stats at least at 8? (tells you during tutorial on your first level up) is this true? i don't need intelligence for anything.

Also when I fight something and it's kicking my ass; like KICKING my ass I use berserk and then I 1 shot everything in the room.  Berserk is the best spell in the game IMO so far.

ALSO always carry tons of throwing weapons; whenever you see a creature start throwing all of them as it comes close then bash him.  Most the time you won't even take a scratch/ otherwise you kill stuff in 1 hit when they get close; then your throwing ability levels up extremely fast too making you UBER powerful.

how long is this game? how many levels/floors cause i'm getting pretty damn far.  I also saw a moth of destruction but it was behind glass and I couldn't figure out how to get it out :(

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 990