Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1666282 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #5955 on: June 30, 2011, 05:27:13 am »

Oh hey, Artemis Fowl.

i know. it stuck to me. instead of saying "hell" or similar, i go with d'arvit. More dwarfy.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: June 30, 2011, 07:31:42 am »

I'm browsing through Crawl's code but I can't the piety fading code. I'd like to know how fast piety drops exactly, and the exact mechanisms for each god. I did find the code controlling transgressions, though.

EDIT: Found'em. Check the spoiler if interested.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:54:07 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: June 30, 2011, 01:00:23 pm »

By the way, Mennas.  I understand the idea behind him, but to be honest I think just giving spellcasters an instant game over on a random level would save programming.

If you're a spellcaster and don't have a way to escape, then you're probably not a very good spellcaster. He runs fast, yes, but by the time you meet him you should have some form of teleportation, semi-controlled blink, or controlled blink.

I've beaten Mennas with conjurers before by throwing orbs of destruction at him, praying that he doesn't block them (he has a large shield), and getting the hell out if things get desperate. I also banished him once with a distortion weapon... and might have killed him later in the Abyss.

My last successful character, the MDGl, killed him by hitting him really hard with a broad axe while being Finessed and Heroism'd by Okawaru and after drinking a potion of Might. Hilariously, Mennas had a speed potion on him, so I was fighting a hasted Mennas. He still barely scratched me. Hehe.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: June 30, 2011, 01:54:41 pm »

Personal question; do we know the "genders" of the gods? I've heard Ashenzari and Lugonu been called "goddesses" before, but gods in other places. Im sure there is more.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: June 30, 2011, 01:57:06 pm »

Personal question; do we know the "genders" of the gods? I've heard Ashenzari and Lugonu been called "goddesses" before, but gods in other places. Im sure there is more.
They're trannies.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: June 30, 2011, 02:22:44 pm »

Lugonu's original name was "Lucy", hence "she".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: June 30, 2011, 02:27:40 pm »

Hmm.. I wonder if orbs of destruction can be banished to the abyss. And according to knowledge bots they have 1000hp, so would a wizard mode hunter be able to shoot one down mid-flight? That would be hilarious.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: June 30, 2011, 03:16:32 pm »

All gods are canonically sexless, but canon can go fuck itself. Or rather, it can't. I think Sif Muna, Fedhas Madash, Elyvilon, Lugonu and Xom are female; TSO, Zin, Okawaru, Beogh, Makhleb, Trog and Nemelex Xobeh are male; and Jiyva is other. I have no opinion on Ashenzari, Kikubaaqudgha, Vehumet or Yredelemnul.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: June 30, 2011, 03:18:26 pm »

All gods are canonically sexless, but canon can go fuck itself. Or rather, it can't. I think Sif Muna, Fedhas Madash, Elyvilon, Lugonu and Xom are female; TSO, Zin, Okawaru, Beogh, Makhleb, Trog and Nemelex Xobeh are male; and Jiyva is other. I have no opinion on Ashenzari, Kikubaaqudgha, Vehumet or Yredelemnul.
How would Xom be female?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: June 30, 2011, 03:36:47 pm »

Hmm.. I wonder if orbs of destruction can be banished to the abyss. And according to knowledge bots they have 1000hp, so would a wizard mode hunter be able to shoot one down mid-flight? That would be hilarious.

[16:33:28] <minqmay> looks like you can't kill them
[16:33:42] <minqmay> i wizmoded up one with hp:1 and used airstrike

You also apparently can't melee them, so a distortion weapon wouldn't work, and the Damnation card doesn't consider it a possible target either. Looks like there's no way to do it.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: June 30, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »

How would Xom be female?

He/she/it wants to be! I think that Xom is just any gender that it feels like being at any given time. Perhaps all at once, or none at all. Or some strange combination of none/all. Perhaps Xom is its own gender, one that us humans cannot comprehend.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: June 30, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

How would Xom be female?

Because.

Probably because I've read the Principia Discordia. :P

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: June 30, 2011, 04:01:22 pm »

I have this image of Beogh being female. No idea why conosidering there's no evidence to support this notion.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: June 30, 2011, 05:15:05 pm »

I have this image of Beogh being female. No idea why conosidering there's no evidence to support this notion.

An orc has a face that only a mother could love?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5969 on: June 30, 2011, 05:19:39 pm »

An orc has a face that only a mother could love?

please, orc mothers do not love their children. or they wouldn't turn out as savage as they are.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 990