Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3084341 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31200 on: March 17, 2018, 12:35:31 am »

What about the live action film?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31201 on: March 17, 2018, 12:49:18 am »

Pure utter garbage. Don't bother with it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31202 on: March 17, 2018, 05:56:18 pm »

As a rule of thumb, apply that to all live adaptations.  They need to prove otherwise.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31203 on: March 19, 2018, 08:31:26 pm »

Breaking into this anime thread, I've been watching One Punch Man for the second time and recently watched the Ghost in the Shell: Arise stuff that's available on Netflix.

Just started watching anime again for the first time since high school, because Deus Ex reminded me that GitS is what made me get into cyberpunk. Anyone know a good place to go watch Stand Alone Complex?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31204 on: March 20, 2018, 01:47:35 am »

I watched it on my computer, to be honest. A quick search for "ghost in the shell stand alone complex streaming" doesn't show any entries for official streaming sites like crunchyroll, netflix, amazon prime video, or anything else.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31205 on: March 20, 2018, 04:12:34 am »

Just got into Hayate the combat butler and it's all of the meta-humor which I've been missing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31207 on: March 20, 2018, 05:41:37 pm »

Started watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. I like the apocalyptic steampunk samurai setting but otherwise it seems mostly meh.
Good news is, it's a single season and actually ends instead of dropping a shitty sequel hook. Well worth watching just for being original, concise, and not otaku-bait, IMO.

As a rule of thumb, apply that to all live adaptations.  They need to prove otherwise.
One exception to this is the Ruroni Kenshin live action. That was fucking excellent.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31208 on: March 20, 2018, 07:23:09 pm »

Ah, Kabaneri Iron Fortress. I watched that earlier this year after I figured out Amazon actually had a video streaming service.

The first episode is fantastic. The first leg of the series is pretty darn good. Unfortunately, the last half of the series turns to crap.

It's worth watching the first episode, at least. Then the first chunk of the show. But once they introduce the pretty boy with the long pink hair, it loses most of it's charm.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31209 on: March 21, 2018, 04:31:17 am »

I haven't seen an anime in several months now. What's the hip new thing to watch these days?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 04:38:02 am by Ultimuh »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31210 on: March 21, 2018, 01:00:26 pm »

I haven't seen an anime in several months now. What's the hip new thing to watch these days?
I don't know if I'm necessarily still young enough to be "hip" but Darling in the France is a new collaboration between Trigger and A1 that's getting a fair amount of attention.

Hasn't been talked about here much, but for whatever reason the people in this thread that watch that sort of thing usually wait until it's been out for a while (see the discussion of FMA that just happened and of Kabaneri right now). That said, I'm watching Yuru Camp and Mitsuboshi colors, the latter of which is quite popular as these sorts of shows go.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31211 on: March 21, 2018, 01:12:32 pm »

Yeah, this season seems to have a lot of duds for me. Second seasons of both Overlord and Nanatsu No Taizai took a rather bad turn for the worse pretty quickly imo.

That said, Darling in the Franxx is a breath of fresh air so far. It's kinda hard to pin exactly where it'll go but that's kinda the deal with most Trigger made stuff. Lots of style and a damn well executed idea with some punchy themes behind it. And however cheesy and silly it might get it's pretty earnest about the whole thing which makes it all the more enjoyable.

So if you're into teen drama (but more of the, struggling to find your place in the world, the actually interesting kind of drama) and colorful mecha fighting colorful giant monsters then I'd say it's a pretty safe bet you'll enjoy this one.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31212 on: March 21, 2018, 01:59:34 pm »

Yeah, this season seems to have a lot of duds for me.
I mean, it's winter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31213 on: March 21, 2018, 02:08:33 pm »

There really isn't much to say... for most anime.  Other then spoilers, memes and recommendations/descriptions. 

Though, I reckon it is cause of some things:
A: hasn't been many hit anime that people want to gush back and forth about here
B: they've got an outlet for the gushing elsewhere
C: maybe most of us don't gobble up anime as they come in as often, less likely to want to talk about it at the same time ... times change

As for this current season... I'm really only watching 3 animoo.

Dragon Ball Super - ???
Kokkoku - Story revolving around a family doing a time stop thing and a group of other people getting in on that action.
Overlord(Season 2) - So yea, most of the first half of the season felt like a dud, but I managed to stick around, unlike many others.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31214 on: March 22, 2018, 11:37:37 am »

Ok, let me rephrase..
Any recent Slice of Life anime that's considered good?
The older the characters, the better. (School-related animes usually bore me for some reason.)

And please, none of that ecchi or fan-service stuff.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:52:35 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 2079 2080 [2081] 2082 2083 ... 2193