Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2066 2067 [2068] 2069 2070 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066537 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #31005 on: October 15, 2017, 07:37:06 am »

Well, I meant read, as mentioned above the show never covered more than maaaaaybe a quarter of the material.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31006 on: October 20, 2017, 12:10:57 am »

Watching Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou from last season and it's a pretty solid little diversion. Slice of life / supernatural show but a nice chage as it's not a girl ensemble thing or a harem.

Has good reviews but is getting pummeled in general user scores though. My guess is because it's not completely full of boobies. :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:13:55 am by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31007 on: October 25, 2017, 12:25:05 am »

I picked up Negima in part because of this thread, and I'm enjoying it, though it's very much a harem with boobies. On a related note, the censorship of UQ Holder's last episode really detracted. Putting something goofy in place is all well and good, gotta get people to buy the BDs somehow, but when you have a major fight scene at the same time it really wrecks the TV-airing version. We don't need an ermine doodle everywhere.

On an unrelated note, Konohana Kitei is really gay. But it also has a pretty good story, and the fourth one (just came out) manages to have a lot of emotion to it. Very tragic despite being happy.

Watching Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou from last season and it's a pretty solid little diversion. Slice of life / supernatural show but a nice chage as it's not a girl ensemble thing or a harem.
For a slice of life that's not harem/girls only this season, check out Just Because. Also technically Blend S, which I'm enjoying as an excellent comedy, but despite having male characters it does play the females a bit like you might see in a girl ensemble type show. I haven't been keeping close track, but if it can pass the Reverse Bechdel Test, it only barely does so.

On another note again, Dies Irae is surprisingly boring and forgettable for such a concept.

And on a final note, y'all other folks should post more so I don't have to keep appending edits to my posts or else double-post.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:08:01 am by Cruxador »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #31008 on: October 26, 2017, 08:23:36 am »

It's okay to doublepost after a suitable time has lapsed from your last post ;)
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #31009 on: October 26, 2017, 05:18:08 pm »

Just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica. That was a thoroughly enjoyable use of time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31010 on: October 28, 2017, 01:15:21 am »

Here's a wise thing that I saw:

most anime girls are based on pets

In western mediums most love interests are merely trophies, their personality doesn't matter what matters is if you are man enough to win them

but love interests in anime are pets, they have their own agency and personality while still existing for the MC, this is why harem MCs can be so bland but have so many girls simply because "he's nice" since being nice is more than enough for a pet cat or dog to want to be with you

so since they act like pets you keep around the house they're naturally going to like being petted.

That last bit is because the original discussion was about head pats.

It's okay to doublepost after a suitable time has lapsed from your last post ;)
Yeah but it hadn't been that long though.

Just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica. That was a thoroughly enjoyable use of time.
It's a classic for a reason.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:24:52 pm by Cruxador »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31011 on: October 28, 2017, 03:37:13 am »

So the Average Harem MC is basically just the weird-cat person except he's now the weird waifu-person.

"Oh God Jeremy do you see him?"

"Whom Martha?"

"There, the weird Waifu-man from the neighbourhood again."

"Ach, that guy. I heard he has a dozen or so of them in his house. And he doesn't even do anything with them."

"I heard they are living in deplorable conditions. And some of them are below legal age! Maybe we should call the authorities?"

"They would only put them down, i mean the shelters are already exploding with them."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31012 on: October 28, 2017, 03:47:50 am »

Perhaps The Pet Girl of Sakurasou has a more telling title than I thought then.

The recent short anime Aho Girl takes on a new meaning. It's what would happen if you had a deranged "pet" monkey* you didn't want, that wouldn't leave your house. *(she's obsessed with bananas: if you want to distract her you throw a banana off to the side and she chases it)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31013 on: October 28, 2017, 06:57:15 am »

Recovery of an MMO Addict to me seems to be the surprise good anime of the season. The Protag is basically a non-pathetic version of Tomoko from Watamote.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31014 on: October 28, 2017, 12:28:51 pm »

Recovery of an MMO Addict to me seems to be the surprise good anime of the season. The Protag is basically a non-pathetic version of Tomoko from Watamote.
It's a cute little romance but... Is it really that surprising? I mean, it's good, sure, but it's neither the sort of thing that becomes an instant classic nor did it initially seem like it would be shit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31015 on: October 28, 2017, 07:53:07 pm »

"Better than expected" was perhaps what I was going for.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31016 on: October 28, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »

Anime girls being pets or petlike explains the proliference of catgirls, doggirls, and other such girls.

However, I have not yet seen the truely patrician petgirls: the crowgirl and ratgirl. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31017 on: October 28, 2017, 10:11:50 pm »

Dunno about ratgirls, but I've got you covered as far as crows go.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31018 on: October 28, 2017, 11:00:20 pm »

Well Dog Days had three kingdoms ruled by Catgirls, Doggirls and Squirrelgirls. Plus it's got Foxgirls and possibly Wolfgirls too. Note, they have male members of the races, except all the kingdoms seem to be matriachies.

For crow girls, Karasu Tengu are a standard Japanese mythological creature, so there was already a basis for that. Touhou has a crowgirl. Although I have seen more crowboys in anime than crowgirls.

The only clear rodentgirl that comes to mind for me right now is Sailor Iron Mouse in Sailor Moon.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:19:11 am by Reelya »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31019 on: October 30, 2017, 05:22:16 pm »

Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary has a bunch of animal girls, among other things. I just caught up with the Seven Seas publications today.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Chimera Girls (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:28:23 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 2066 2067 [2068] 2069 2070 ... 2193