Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1994 1995 [1996] 1997 1998 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3074823 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29925 on: February 04, 2017, 02:10:28 am »

I am still hopeful the anime is good.
Just wait until episode 3-5 in which they introduce his loli battle harem, and he awakens the dormant power of the ancient Norse Gods in his right hand.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29926 on: February 04, 2017, 02:32:03 am »

Just wait until episode 3-5 in which they introduce his loli battle harem, and he awakens the dormant power of the ancient Norse Gods in his right hand.

My soul... it is being crushed!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29927 on: February 04, 2017, 07:18:59 am »

Well we did have the thing where in season 1 they were obsessed with almost-panty shots (buttocks shots) of the goddess girl. They weren't that big on boobs however. I mean, this sort of thing was near-constant in season 1, there's usually at least 1-2 shots like this per episode, plus they actually have a number of similar shots in the opening credits. This is a shot from the first episode:

Spoiler: NSFW (click to show/hide)

So yeah, it was a fairly specific type of fanservice for people who like naked loli butts, and it's not really on the sidelines once you're aware of it. Perhaps season 2 is more in your face, IDK, but perhaps you're just picking up on it more. Haven't started any of the new shows yet so I can't say.
Konosuba is pretty far from serious, it's not quite as far as Keijo!!!! in that it's more about spoofing the "dropped in a fantasy world and aware of the tropes" genre than someone going "dude, let's make a show about girls bashing their soft bits together" and everyone is like "uh, you mean hentai right?" and he's like "nah, make it a sport where they knock each other into a pool with their butts!" and he was made President of Men Everywhere immediately.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29928 on: February 04, 2017, 09:04:34 am »

Just so it's totally clear, unless they went completely off the rails from the manga, Reelya's kidding.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29929 on: February 04, 2017, 02:35:11 pm »

Just so it's totally clear, unless they went completely off the rails from the manga, Reelya's kidding.
I watched Natsume Yuujincho for a little bit (never finished it, sadly. Might do it with TLM at some point) and I don't recall a loli-battle harem appearing.

I do recall feeling 33% more gay after each episode though. It's a damn good show, but holy shit is it soft and fluffy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29930 on: February 04, 2017, 03:00:12 pm »

I was gonna say "wait, why does that sound familiar" and after searching it was apparently Nagasarete Airantou or something like that, lots of stuff pops up on the sidebars when you're reading Negima.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29931 on: February 04, 2017, 09:26:54 pm »

I do recall feeling 33% more gay after each episode though. It's a damn good show, but holy shit is it soft and fluffy.

OK, so pretty much in keeping with the manga, then. :P It's honestly pretty much romance-free! At least where the main character is involved. But since you have a ton of really close friendships, learning to trust and open up, etc. in a predominantly male cast...yeah, it ends up pretty soft and fluffy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29932 on: February 05, 2017, 05:59:21 am »

I really hope that by fluffy you don't mean it lacks substance, or meat as it is.

One reason why I tend to stay away from Slice of Life isn't because I dislike the genre but because a common goal of them is to try to emulate real life (slice of life) and often that means that things don't matter, things can be slow, and that there are no conclusions.

Heck one GREAT Slice of Life movie I watched (that actually has a sort of sequel... KIND OF!) the entire movie was how the future really isn't now and that is ok... because that means you have your whole life ahead of you. Thus all the plots were left intentionally dangling.

So Slice of Life for me is often a once in a while taste. I cannot gorge on bags of it in the same way I cannot gorge on bags of marshmellows.

-----

ALSO FREEKEN DANG IT! Western Animation please start upping your music game!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:35:41 am by Neonivek »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29933 on: February 06, 2017, 05:51:38 am »

So has anyone seen Youjou Senki? Now i usually despise the magical girls stuff...(with the exception of that Swiss Witch in World War II but that sucked towards the end too) but this. This is awesome.

MC is basically some Second Lieutenant Magical Girl in the German Imperial Army Expy during World War I...only mages are common and people are used to them.
The difference to the normal stuff is, that the MC is a sadistic Sociopath who has nothing but his/her career in mind and tortures her own men and/or sacrifices their lives without a second though. She is hiding that behind a veneer of Fanaticism for the Fatherland and Religiosity...and its so god damn glorious. "Magic" is also rather restricted so far which is nice, basically they can super-power their rifle shots, can fly and make energy shields and thats that. Which is fine. In this universe they basically work as a replacement for air force and tanks crammed into one.

If you are a fan of ye olde grimdark, hyperviolence then that show is about right for you, especially since it contains a lot of trench fighting, (including magical napalm bombs and normal chlorine gas goodness) dog fights between the mages (its magic yeah, but not over the top in a way, it fits seamlessly into the world as something completely normal...which i like) and thank the gods, no fan service so far.

Plus the story is so full of beautiful sadistic black humor, but i won't spoil it for you...have a watch if ye want something (i guess) different from the usual fare.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29934 on: February 06, 2017, 08:12:28 am »

Swiss Witch in World War II

What series is that exactly?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29935 on: February 06, 2017, 09:13:07 am »

Izetta or Rozetta the last Witch or something like that. Shuumatsu no Izetta that was it. Not particularly good though, starts fun but becomes eh towards the end.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29936 on: February 06, 2017, 09:25:02 am »

Not as classy as Strike Witches then.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29937 on: February 06, 2017, 09:43:50 am »

Does "classy" stand for "fanservice fetish fuel"?
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29938 on: February 06, 2017, 10:00:38 am »

Strike Witches is wholesome family entertainment.

The Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs has awarded loli pantsu anime Strike Witches a ringing endorsement, in the form of an official recommendation.

The government run Media Art Festival exhibited the title alongside various other excellent anime in the venue’s mini-theatre, and families could be seen taking their children to watch this fine example of Japanese cultural excellence
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29939 on: February 06, 2017, 10:00:54 am »

Not as classy as Strike Witches then.
Now here's a phrase which has never been uttered before.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1994 1995 [1996] 1997 1998 ... 2193