Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070578 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29475 on: November 06, 2016, 06:34:11 pm »

Watched Children Who Chase Lost Voices last night, pretty show, touching story, was doing fine until the ending song starts.

"Hello... goodbye, and hello..."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29476 on: November 06, 2016, 07:21:48 pm »

I haven't really been following the anime scene for the past year and a half. So, I'm looking for anything good that has come out in that time
in the vein of ridiculous over the top stuff like Kill la Kill or Gurren Lagann.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29477 on: November 06, 2016, 08:00:35 pm »

I haven't really been following the anime scene for the past year and a half. So, I'm looking for anything good that has come out in that time
in the vein of ridiculous over the top stuff like Kill la Kill or Gurren Lagann.

If you want a third to even out that set specifically, the most obvious answer is FLCL. That said, KlK was designed to be the female counterpart to TTGL so it's hard to say you'll find something like it elsewhere. However, you might like anything by Imaishi, including Dead Leaves  and Luluco.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:12:14 pm by Cruxador »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29478 on: November 06, 2016, 08:07:26 pm »

I remember Kekkai Sensen getting pretty crazy, though it certainly didn't reach TTGL (or even KLK) levels.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29479 on: November 06, 2016, 08:12:55 pm »

Uh, Keijo is over the top ridiculous.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29480 on: November 06, 2016, 08:19:10 pm »

OT and current, Lemon should watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29481 on: November 06, 2016, 08:34:20 pm »

JJBA is very over the top, the missus said it was like "a most ridiculous opera" and I think that is very apt.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29482 on: November 06, 2016, 08:45:09 pm »

JJBA is very over the top, the missus said it was like "a most ridiculous opera" and I think that is very apt.
That's strangely brilliant, yeah.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29483 on: November 06, 2016, 08:51:32 pm »

Thanks for all the recommendations guys. Will check them out.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29484 on: November 06, 2016, 11:18:03 pm »

One Punch Man would be the obvious one, along with the similar show by the same guy, Mob Psycho 100.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #29485 on: November 07, 2016, 01:28:17 am »

Izetta is alright but I feel like its plot structure is beginning to collapse because it seems like the writers don't understand how to get from point A to point B without massive ass pulls.

Two characters, immediately after pulling off a deception, loudly discuss aforementioned deception in the middle of nowhere so Random Soldier Kid can overhear them while wandering past for some dumb reason. Then it turns out that the Fantasy Germans had a single spy in Fantasy Tyrol, some random sergeant who turns out to be, by complete and utter coincidence, the superior of Random Soldier Kid even though to my recollection he didn't show up before the Fantasy German Magic-Gestapo guy mentioned "We have a spy investigating".
Random Soldier Kid then decides to confide to this random guy that he heard plot relevant information. This isn't because the guy uses his spy skills or persuasion or anything, the Kid literally just lets it all spill out to the first person he meets. Apparently the only skill you need in this universe to be a spy is supernatural luck. This is the sort of plot that I'd expect from a wartime propaganda poster, not an actual work of fiction.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29486 on: November 08, 2016, 02:58:22 am »

Has One Punch Man been dubbed?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29487 on: November 08, 2016, 03:07:00 am »

Yup, I like the Saitama voice they got a lot, they did a good job overall, though I know they were trying for a certain joke with Genos I just don't like it as much.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #29488 on: November 08, 2016, 05:05:45 am »

Has One Punch Man been dubbed?

My source is showing the first 12 episodes dubbed, but not the 6 specials and 1 OVA.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29489 on: November 08, 2016, 07:13:38 am »

Which is normal. Different companies have the distribution rights to the different formats because they serve different markets. e.g. it was dubbed by the people who bought the rights to the TV broadcast version. But some other company entirely handles selling DVDs, so those license rights don't extend to the DVD specials. Additionally, OVAs are normally sold along with the manga, meaning they're licensed via the book publisher not the TV channel. If you just up and dub that they might think you're cutting into their slice of pie.

What I think people don't really take into account is that a franchise is made of many different products, each of which has separate licensing issues and stakeholders. So it makes no difference if there are two separate episodes of the show which are basically the same, if one is part of the show and the other is an OVA, legally they're completely separate.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:22:17 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 ... 2193