Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070583 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29460 on: November 03, 2016, 03:35:16 am »

I heard that something's going on with Bleach? Anyone know what's up on that front?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29461 on: November 03, 2016, 06:41:44 am »

Ichigo discovers that he's half-mangaka and takes over writing his own story.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29462 on: November 03, 2016, 06:47:29 am »

Ichigo discovers that he's half-mangaka and takes over writing his own story.

Is it wrong that I am not 100% convinced that didn't actually happen?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29463 on: November 03, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

Flip Flappers has that same gorgeous "why is everyone not raving about this" style as Rolling Girls, eye cotton candy.
Latest episode isn't exactly cotton candy, visually. It also managed to be legitimately creepy. Right up there with episode 3 as potentially the best yet. Interesting to see the show do a bit of a piss-take on yuri stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29464 on: November 03, 2016, 02:52:46 pm »

Flip Flappers has that same gorgeous "why is everyone not raving about this" style as Rolling Girls, eye cotton candy.
Latest episode isn't exactly cotton candy, visually. It also managed to be legitimately creepy. Right up there with episode 3 as potentially the best yet. Interesting to see the show do a bit of a piss-take on yuri stuff.

In all fairness Cotton Candy is usually just flavorless sweetness :P

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29465 on: November 03, 2016, 04:33:54 pm »

In all fairness Cotton Candy is usually just flavorless sweetness :P
Is Another Brick In the Wall sweet? Visually, that seemed like a major inspiration for this episode, down to the face thing, even if the symbolism (and of course gokigenyou) was much more Marimite.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29466 on: November 05, 2016, 05:50:42 am »

Are there some "must watch" shows for this fall season?

I skimmed through the lists but couldn't really find anything spectacular.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29467 on: November 05, 2016, 06:54:45 am »

Yeah, Fall this year is quite lackluster in comparison to the rest of the year. There's a few sequels to great series, but if we don't count them, then the current favored anime of the season would be Keijo!!!!!!!!, Yuri!!! on Ice, Shuumatsu no Izetta and 3-gatsu no Lion. Some people would argue that Drifters and Flip Flappers should be on this list as well.

In my opinion the ones to look for are Shuumatsu no Izetta (for it being surprisngly good as an underdog), 3-gatsu no Lion (as the black horse) and Keijo!!!!!!! (simply because of how ridiculous it is and the fact it's working.)

If I had to watch only one anime from this season though, I'd probably pick 3-gatsu no Lion.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29468 on: November 05, 2016, 06:59:28 am »

I am looking into the latest season of Wixoss and right now it hasn't shown itself as "Good" juuust yet.

But if it does I'll let you know.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29469 on: November 05, 2016, 07:12:47 am »

3-gatsu no Lion is of the type where if it actually gets animated, it was probably a good series.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29470 on: November 05, 2016, 01:36:51 pm »

I'm actually enjoying Ace No Diamond right now. Just something about hotblooded highschool baseball that seems infinitely watchable, and good thing too because it sits at a fairly bloated 75 eps.

Also I've been playing the HELL out of Persona 3, several years after my two playthroughs of P4. I initially thought the AI controlled teammates was going to be unbearable, but it's actually extremely alright. The AI is pretty decent and I'm only occasionally upset at a misplay or by my own mistakes in issuing the orders they're meant to follow. There's a lot of convenience features that I miss from P4, but P3 might as well be it's own spinoff series from how wildly different it is from every other Shin Megami Tensei title, including the earlier Persona titles.

Really enjoying it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29471 on: November 05, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »

In the new episode of Drifters we are shown that Nobunaga is a good environmentalist who understands the value of recycling and composting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29472 on: November 05, 2016, 03:05:25 pm »

In the new episode of Drifters we are shown that Nobunaga is a good environmentalist who understands the value of recycling and composting.
I've seen enough Hellsing to know where this is going
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29473 on: November 05, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »

There's no such thing as "must watch" for anime, really. If you want something spectacular, Flip Flapping and Keijo are your best bets.

In my opinion the ones to look for are Shuumatsu no Izetta (for it being surprisngly good as an underdog)
While it has an interesting premise, I found it to be boring in practice. There are some cool set-piece scenes so if you mean spectacular only in the literal sense that it contains spectacle, fine, but it's otherwise not that great and even those bits aren't ubiquitous.

I've seen enough Hellsing to know where this is going
Should know where it's going from the fact that he talked about the other ingredients in the same scene, from the fact that it's Oda Nobunaga, and from the fact that he told someone to reincarnate as black powder at the end of the episode.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:42:59 pm by Cruxador »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29474 on: November 05, 2016, 06:27:00 pm »

Keijo is so goddamn ridiculous it's wonderful. Flip Flappers is weird and fun. DBSuper is still going and really gets back to the old DB feel instead of just the DBZ "MOAR POWAR AND YELLING" stuff. Drifters is a really stylish and interesting manga, the anime is by the same folks who did Hellsing, you can't go wrong there. Yuri on Ice at first glance looks like it was the wrong genre name, but it's really sweet and a good watch. I've been meaning to check out 91 Days as I hear good things from various folks I trust on this stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 1963 1964 [1965] 1966 1967 ... 2193