Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070711 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29385 on: October 24, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »

Except Boros even called him out for holding back. He has fun later though, and with any luck we'll see them get to the start of the Garou arc next season.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29386 on: October 24, 2016, 08:13:18 pm »

gah, ninja'd by Max. It's true, he looked at best mildly interested during the Boros fight and when all was said and done he sure didn't look happy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29387 on: October 24, 2016, 09:02:52 pm »

Compared to the rest of the fights where even sandbagging enormously didn't help, I mean. Boros was able to take some of his pulled punches where pretty much everyone else (except the dream molemen, heh) went down instantly anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29388 on: October 24, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »

I was just browsing youtube and I found this in my feed and my god.

The title(I can Friday by Day!) makes 0 sense but having robot schoolgirls piloted by alien squirrels fight each other is just amazing, and as a short it accomplishes a lot in just 5 minutes.
  Couldn't find this post/link, till I remembered to ctrl+f for squirrels.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29389 on: October 25, 2016, 10:48:00 am »

So it turns out that the newest Crossbone Gundam manga, Crossbone Gundam Dust, that started serializing in August takes place 15 years after Victory, the furthest in the UC timeline that we've seen aside from G-Saviour, and not only that...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Like say what you want about the various Crossbone Sequel's quality, but you have to admit that this is some seriously fascinating uncharted territory for the Universal Century. Hopefully Zeonic or some other scanlation group picks it up. Or heck it would be awesome if Vertical got it considering that poll they ran a couple years ago. Then again considering the backlash they got after they clarified that the option on it was for Crossbone Ghost, not regular Crossbone, that's probably wishful thinking.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29390 on: October 25, 2016, 10:51:05 am »

Vinland Saga updated today, why does this not have a show yet? I remember reading Shingeki and OPM and saying "these need a show" and they got them and rocked, where is my Vinland Saga anime dammit?

Also a God of High School aeni!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29391 on: October 25, 2016, 11:12:43 am »

Except Boros even called him out for holding back. He has fun later though, and with any luck we'll see them get to the start of the Garou arc next season.
Garou arc is the next season, Murata said as much when he said he needs to hurry and have it done in time for the anime to cover it.

That said, his Garou fight wasn't really a satisfying fight for him either. He wasn't even thinking of it as a fight, so much as chastising a noisy teenager.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29392 on: October 25, 2016, 11:28:57 am »

snip
Huh. Re: The spoiler, doesn't that... sound a lot like Turn A? Or is it just me?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29393 on: October 25, 2016, 11:59:40 am »

snip
Huh. Re: The spoiler, doesn't that... sound a lot like Turn A? Or is it just me?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 12:02:10 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29394 on: October 25, 2016, 04:40:33 pm »

Eeh, barely. ∀ was still fundamentally the same Gundam story, just with a setting/premise radically different from the norm.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29395 on: October 25, 2016, 05:08:50 pm »

... it was the setting/premise I was talking about, yes. Resource limitations, old MS... when I think that, my first thought is Turn A.

Which is probably a little odd considering I've still not watched a single episode of the thing. Blame SRW, I guess. And less official fanfiction, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29396 on: October 25, 2016, 06:09:13 pm »

I mean, sorta? The Moonrace MS are pretty much all up-to-date, and the Turn A Gundam itself is possibly the most overpowered heap of bullshit in the entire franchise. The Militia suits are all old mothballed MS (or salvaged enemy MS), true... but they're not really in the same sort of situation where they have to scrape together frankenmechs or stuff. Remember, the Correct Century is supposed to take place after all other Gundam series or some shit like that, so the entire MS roster is a hodge-podge of old designs. Heck, one of the main Militia MS is either literal Zaku-IIs or AKA-47 style knockoffs. The other is an upgrade of a late-UC amphibious model.

It's mostly just that Earth at series-start has regressed technologically and is at an early Industrial Age tech level, so they have to use the MS caches that are close enough to reach easily. That's why I lumped it in with other Gundam series, it's very much in the same vein of the rag-tag band of good guys who have the Gundam and then whatever random other stuff they've scraped together.

That said, I love the idea of a Gundam series focusing on scavengers and balkanized nations fighting in old shoal zones and ruined battlestations/colonies.

3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #29398 on: October 26, 2016, 12:19:24 pm »

I just noticed Keijo ep1 English Dub is out! Wow! I can't remember ever seeing an anime get dubbed before the first season is even halfway finished airing!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29399 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:57 am »

Yay another Wixoss episode today!

I admit I prefer blitzing through a series far more then I do getting a weekly episode.

----

HOLY COW! a Japanese show... dealing with Japanese extreme elitism in a non-dinky-halfhearted-secretly-elitist sort of way!

Since when are Japanese shows allowed to be even slightly self-aware? They are SUPPOSED to be anti-elitism while also being horrifically elitist!

Better yet it doesn't just throw away the point of elitism to do it either.

---

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:29:21 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 ... 2193