Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070555 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29355 on: October 21, 2016, 03:06:14 pm »

Ok I have a theory that the current Wixoss series takes place before the start of the show.

To come up with a possible source of the original LRIGs (which was... kind of a huge gaping plot hole)

---

Also MAN Japan sucks... (not literally but boy do I feel like that once in a while)

It has a serious problems...

So a girl gets spotted at night... and she might get in trouble...
She gets into one fight at school (no one is even really hurt just scared)... and she loses her job

Because APPERANTLY businesses are given access to school information.

Seriously what is the freeken deal Japan? I feel like your trapped in Old Tyme England...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 03:22:32 pm by Neonivek »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #29356 on: October 21, 2016, 10:34:32 pm »

So the third episode of Flip Flappers is Magical Girl (and post-apocalypse) themed and goddamn, those transformation scenes are lewd.
Don't forget the BDSM villain and her massive blonde pubes.

But yeah, Flip Flappers is shaping up to be a really interesting show. It's definitely got talent and passion behind it. So do you think Cocona, Papika and Salt correspond to Coconut/Cocoa, Paprika and Salt, or Cocoon, Pupa and Chrysalis? Given the butterfly and general insect imagery in their magical girl outfits, I'd go for the latter.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29357 on: October 22, 2016, 01:39:08 am »

So the third episode of Flip Flappers is Magical Girl (and post-apocalypse) themed and goddamn, those transformation scenes are lewd.
Don't forget the BDSM villain and her massive blonde pubes.
Eh, that gave me more of a PSG/Luluco vibe than something actually fanservicey. I think the aesthetic of episode 3 is very Gainax/Trigger inspired in general, even though the most magical girl bits weren't entirely them. That's episode 3's aesthetic, and the Ghibli in the first episode, but I'm still not sure about the second episode's main aesthetic inspiration. And we had illusions in the first episode and umwelt in the second but I'm not sure the corresponding theme for the third, either. It's hard to pin down everything that this show does, but I think that's okay since it's still enjoyable even without understanding the whole thing.

[/quote]But yeah, Flip Flappers is shaping up to be a really interesting show. It's definitely got talent and passion behind it. So do you think Cocona, Papika and Salt correspond to Coconut/Cocoa, Paprika and Salt, or Cocoon, Pupa and Chrysalis? Given the butterfly and general insect imagery in their magical girl outfits, I'd go for the latter.
[/quote]I don't think anything in this show has only one form of symbolism.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29358 on: October 22, 2016, 12:48:29 pm »

As an addendum to Red River Chapter Three: that gate closing at the end? Nobody who was present could have done it, and there was no magic going on. That big, heavy door managed to swing shut on its own, and quite quickly to boot. Plot holes, are you spooped yet?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29359 on: October 22, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »

A big heavy door can swing shut by itself. It's not the weight that matters, it's center of gravity and friction.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:17:29 pm by Reelya »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #29360 on: October 22, 2016, 01:28:11 pm »

I was just browsing youtube and I found this in my feed and my god.

The title(I can Friday by Day!) makes 0 sense but having robot schoolgirls piloted by alien squirrels fight each other is just amazing, and as a short it accomplishes a lot in just 5 minutes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29361 on: October 22, 2016, 02:37:44 pm »

The Full Metal Panic continuation has been announced to be finally coming in Fall 2017 and will be done by Studio XEBEC.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29362 on: October 22, 2016, 02:44:41 pm »

The title(I can Friday by Day!) makes 0 sense but having robot schoolgirls piloted by alien squirrels fight each other is just amazing, and as a short it accomplishes a lot in just 5 minutes.
It's like Girls und Panzer, but the tanks are girls and the girls are squirrels.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29363 on: October 22, 2016, 06:12:52 pm »

A big heavy door can swing shut by itself. It's not the weight that matters, it's center of gravity and friction.
It was completely unprompted though, literally happening in about 3 panels or ~4-5 seconds. There was no explanation offered, just drama as the plot requires.

Also, inertia. Big gate/door on level ground doesn't magically start moving on its own when it was wide open and stationary for a good long while.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29364 on: October 22, 2016, 07:33:42 pm »

That's right, it's that time again! This is the last of Volume 1.
Bueno.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...now I'm a little tempted to do something similar. I'm curious what genre/flavor of hate makes for the best Pain Reading, though. Is it better to do something famous or obscure? Something you hate or your audience does? "Gosh this is dumb" or [aneurysm noises intensify]?

I'm probably overthinking the art of pointing at something and laughing.

Naw, I meant I'd love to watch Kindaichi and give plot synopsises and a tally if anyone was particularly interested...

But I doubt that would be the case.

In fact I get the distinction people were annoyed by my running death tally ways back (which I don't want to have to redo >_<)
I suspect it'd work out well if you could get the narrative rhythm down, but it's easy to complain about things in a way that isn't entertaining.

It's like Girls und Panzer, but the tanks are girls and the girls are squirrels.
You have my attention. I will return with thoughts shortly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29365 on: October 22, 2016, 07:44:23 pm »

The answer to all those questions is yes, IO. To an extent, the exact subject is effectively irrelevant. Only the suffering involved in the experience. The reader or the audience? In the ideal scenario, both. But, as with cats, either is fine.

Though now I wish I could remember the name of that (romance/shoujo, I think) manga that was drawn such that the characters looked like deep ones. It's been a lot of years since I've remembered seeing that. Want to say I even mentioned it on the forum at some point...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29366 on: October 22, 2016, 10:21:05 pm »

Though now I wish I could remember the name of that (romance/shoujo, I think) manga that was drawn such that the characters looked like deep ones. It's been a lot of years since I've remembered seeing that. Want to say I even mentioned it on the forum at some point...
Fruits Basket?

SHE CAN SEE THE STARS IN DAYLIGHT
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29367 on: October 22, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »

Definitely not. It wasn't any of the major/notable ones, by any means. Plus double checking shows FB's characters look entirely too human to be what I'm forgetting the name of. The main character kinda' has the eyes, but the one I'm thinking of had just about everything short of actually being non-human, and the affliction hit more or less everyone, not any particular gender. It was the damnedest thing. I am completely non-joking when I say it looked like it could have been set in innsmouth instead of japan.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #29368 on: October 23, 2016, 08:28:19 am »

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 2193