Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070269 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29325 on: October 14, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »

While I'm in here, any new series worth watching at the moment? I finished rewatching Full Metal Alchemist and for the live of me, I could not find something else to watch.
Dangan Ronpa just finished. Season 3 kind of had the same problem as the Star Wars Prequels, but Kodaka knows how to cut his losses at least; it's done. No 70 gorrillion episode anime for us.
Also as an important guide:

Don't watch the DR1 anime adaption.

Don't watch the DR3 anime until after playing the two main games. There's some Ultra Despair Girl stuff too, but UDG is awful so you can skip that game.

The actual DR3 game will be a completely separate setting so it's okay to watch the anime for some more closure of the original setting.

EDIT:
The order you watch the DR3 show in is Future 1 -> Despair 1 -> Future 2 -> Despair 2 -> etc.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 03:39:15 pm by ToonyMan »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29326 on: October 14, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »

Goodness... You know... Even though you are probably right I cannot bring myself to trust you on the last one. That training was the enemy somehow, in an anime.

That anyone could "train too hard" in an anime :P
Dragon Ball Z had Goku mocking Vegeta for essentially torturing his body as a form of training. In Resurrection F, Whis criticised Vegeta for not taking opportunities to rest when they came up.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29327 on: October 14, 2016, 05:28:20 pm »

Goodness... You know... Even though you are probably right I cannot bring myself to trust you on the last one. That training was the enemy somehow, in an anime.

That anyone could "train too hard" in an anime :P
Dragon Ball Z had Goku mocking Vegeta for essentially torturing his body as a form of training. In Resurrection F, Whis criticised Vegeta for not taking opportunities to rest when they came up.

Yes but they are both, of course, wrong given what we know of Saiyan physiology.

THEN FREEKEN AGAIN Goku also said his training was "Harsher than Piccolo's" so because you have to take everything a character says as 100% literal, true, and canon.

The only show that was like "No stop training! you do it too much" was Hitman Reborn where one character's training was literally just taking a day off to rest because he trains so constantly that he never gave his body a chance to recover from anything.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29328 on: October 14, 2016, 05:34:54 pm »

Yes but they are both, of course, wrong given what we know of Saiyan physiology.
That only works if they get beaten to near death which is different from training to near death (which they don't do).
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29329 on: October 14, 2016, 05:36:34 pm »

That only works if they get beaten to near death which is different from training to near death (which they don't do).

Welcome to the inconsistency of Saiyan physiology!

They also get strength when they lose, when they take damage, and when they are facing a stronger opponent!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29330 on: October 14, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »

Goku, namek saga. Pretty sure they can do it through training, too. Want to say the training to near death thing came up in the buu saga, too, with the kids and the chamber.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29331 on: October 15, 2016, 02:53:44 am »

Vegeta specifically beat himself to near death several times to catch up with Goku, it's how he and Bulma wound up together, and can we all take a moment to appreciate the subbers for tossing in the italics in that bit last week?

"But you're married."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29332 on: October 15, 2016, 03:44:26 am »

Vegeta specifically beat himself to near death several times to catch up with Goku, it's how he and Bulma wound up together
That's the kind of training Goku mocked him for, and considering the power progression of the two it's a proven fact that Vegeta's method is inferior, even taking into account Saiyan biology.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #29333 on: October 15, 2016, 04:06:08 am »

I'm fairly sure it's implied at some point that Vegeta is actually the more gifted warrior of the two, but Goku has had vastly superior training throughout his lifetime.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29334 on: October 15, 2016, 04:29:55 am »

I'm fairly sure it's implied at some point that Vegeta is actually the more gifted warrior of the two, but Goku has had vastly superior training throughout his lifetime.

Yeah the reason Goku was more powerful during the Buu saga was two fold
1) He was dead and thus gained access to a power that was outright impossible to achieve while alive
2) He was trained by all the greatest martial art trainers in the galaxy in a location that specifically improves your training ability.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29335 on: October 15, 2016, 08:32:23 pm »

Right, so watching Super Best Friend podcasts on youtube has got me thinking about Berserk again.  Last I left it, the gang
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and I stopped cause there weren't really any new chapters other than minor fighting and some comedy filler.

Imagine my surprise upon seeing like at least 5 new chapters, I skip over to the last one.  A rundown:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have never been this nervous of what's going to happen next in a manga.  Literal decades in the making, we're getting a resolution to this, one way or another.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29336 on: October 15, 2016, 09:32:44 pm »

Yeah, it'll be a hell of a thing, though it is nice that the King is so pretty and for once not obviously evil, I guess being the only chick prettier than Griffith makes her a heck of a role model.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29337 on: October 15, 2016, 10:05:34 pm »

For those who are interested, Team Lube Monkey has begun MSTing Princess Tutu.

Yes, that Princess Tutu. the one which is apparently a massive Ballet-fueled acid trip.

FUCKING ANTEATERS OUT OF NOWHERE STEALING BOYFRIENDS AND SHIT OH MY GOD
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29338 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:34 pm »

For those who are interested, Team Lube Monkey has begun MSTing Princess Tutu.

Yes, that Princess Tutu. the one which is apparently a massive Ballet-fueled acid trip.

FUCKING ANTEATERS OUT OF NOWHERE STEALING BOYFRIENDS AND SHIT OH MY GOD

Princess Tutu also has an EXCELLENT abridged series... though I don't know if it is still up I haven't checked.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29339 on: October 15, 2016, 10:17:25 pm »

Hell, you hardly even need to abridge Princess Tutu. It's trippy and weird enough on its own.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1954 1955 [1956] 1957 1958 ... 2193