Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1943 1944 [1945] 1946 1947 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070568 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29160 on: October 01, 2016, 02:34:40 pm »

He's what would happen if the Imperium did Barney or Mr Rogers or somethin', really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29161 on: October 01, 2016, 04:21:02 pm »

Is there an anime where it's clearly just stereotypical high fantasy with knights and wizards and dragons and elves and bullshit like that, and they're all in a big LOTR-esque war, but the whole story is told through the lens of an old fogey that survived it all as he recounts it to the younger generation, and he's clearly embellishing the entire conflict to make it seem way grander and himself to be far more heroic than he actually was? I feel like that that's something that should exist.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29162 on: October 01, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »

I'm curious what Kai would have removed/considered filler in the Buu saga.  It's been a while since I've watched the series so I can't really remember what was legitimately arc important and what wasn't.

To be honest I found that Kai actually really highlighted the bad pacing of actual plot elements in Z.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29163 on: October 01, 2016, 08:34:16 pm »

*Sees Magical Girl Raising Project pop up on kissanime*
'Oh, I wonder what this is, come on cutesy lighthearted se-'
Is there an anime where it's clearly just stereotypical high fantasy with knights and wizards and dragons and elves and bullshit like that, and they're all in a big LOTR-esque war, but the whole story is told through the lens of an old fogey that survived it all as he recounts it to the younger generation, and he's clearly embellishing the entire conflict to make it seem way grander and himself to be far more heroic than he actually was? I feel like that that's something that should exist.
You could interpret Maria the Virgin Witch like that.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:02:25 pm by Max™ »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29164 on: October 01, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »

Honestly, when I saw that the source material was a light novel, I knew it was going to be interesting without even needing the description.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29165 on: October 01, 2016, 11:03:07 pm »

Honestly, when I saw that the source material was a light novel, I knew it was going to be interesting without even needing the description.
Not that LN based anime are always good anime.

Wasn't SAO a Light Novel?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29166 on: October 01, 2016, 11:22:18 pm »

And Irregular At Magic High School, and GATE, and No Game No Life...

I was hoping for some kind of Magical Girl Monster Rancher thingy myself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29167 on: October 01, 2016, 11:37:59 pm »

Yup, for whatever reason lots of those fanservice-heavy battle harem animes seem to be from light novels instead of manga. Sure, not all light novels are like that, but if you see some anime that seems excessively obsessed with magical and/or cybernetic battle girls' boobs, then it's pretty good odds that you'll find it was from a light novel rather than manga.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:46:22 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29168 on: October 01, 2016, 11:45:56 pm »

Well... yeah. LNs seem to indulge regularly and heavily in fanservice of the lewd kind. They can also get away with more than a manga can, which themselves can get away with more than anime. It's a neat paradigm.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29169 on: October 02, 2016, 06:31:36 am »

I can't get over how much better bing.com is for finding full versions of anime songs, than google is. One time google was down and I used Bing's video search system. I suggest checking it out if you ever video search on google. The thing makes google look like it's from the 90's. Part of the reason is better layout and being able to filter by video duration, another part is that Bing.com seems to pull disparate video sources together better, whereas Google tries to railroad you into Youtube, where many of the full length anime songs I'm looking for are often blocked. And Bing just brings up tons of alternate video sources that Google either doesn't know about - or doesn't want you to know about.

I was looking for this full version of an anime song right now, Google literally couldn't find anything longer than 2 minutes, whereas Bing instantly pulls up a list of full-length original music videos to check out. I know it's normal to scoff at Bing's very existence, but for finding music vids, especially obscure ones like recent anime openings, Bing is about 100 times better than Google.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:41:02 am by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29170 on: October 02, 2016, 08:24:21 am »

You'd have to use... bing though, instead of duckduckgo.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29171 on: October 02, 2016, 08:58:54 am »

I wouldn't doubt that, considering that Youtube is Google now; ofc they're going to shill like no other. Same as Max, though, I use duckduckgo and it works pretty well. First search by title of a blocked YT video for an obscure KanColle fan song found a video site with the full version, no malware, and either a direct download link or the ability to work with my YT mp3 converter&downloader (don't remember which).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29172 on: October 02, 2016, 01:47:03 pm »

I've been watching the new DragonBall... It kinda irks me that the current big bads refers to all intelligent life as 'humans'. 
And it also feels like the show interchanges the meaning between earthlings and all intelligent life.  Mostly cause they are basically just screwing around killing earthlings... while there are many more sentient lifeforms waiting to be purged in the name of justice out there.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29173 on: October 02, 2016, 02:33:23 pm »

So the SAO and Mahouka movies have simultaneously announced that they're being released next year. Is this a sign of the end times?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:29:34 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29174 on: October 02, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »

So the SAO and Mahouka move have simultaneously announced that they're being released next year. Is this a sign of the end times?

So, eh, the two legendarily bad continuities are being merged together into one perfect shitstorm of hack writing? Sounds great, I'll love it... not watching or enjoying the actual material, but people's reactions and assessments of it will be great.
Pages: 1 ... 1943 1944 [1945] 1946 1947 ... 2193