Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1941 1942 [1943] 1944 1945 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070710 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #29130 on: September 28, 2016, 02:34:30 pm »

Well, I might just be noticing this as clearly because I've read the manga though, and the end of the second season is even more explicit about this. Like a lot of things ONE does, it's a slow series so things don't always show what they're really about until later on. Like how a lot of anime-only fans didn't like Reigen at first.

I figured there might be something like this to it, I'm willing to watch the second season if/when it comes (and maybe I'll read the manga, but probably not) and see if it gets better but until then I'll just say that the ending sorta ruins it's own message in the first season of the anime. /me shrugs

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29131 on: September 28, 2016, 02:48:26 pm »

Well, I might just be noticing this as clearly because I've read the manga though, and the end of the second season is even more explicit about this. Like a lot of things ONE does, it's a slow series so things don't always show what they're really about until later on. Like how a lot of anime-only fans didn't like Reigen at first.

I figured there might be something like this to it, I'm willing to watch the second season if/when it comes (and maybe I'll read the manga, but probably not) and see if it gets better but until then I'll just say that the ending sorta ruins it's own message in the first season of the anime. /me shrugs
I dunno, it solved things only if your idea of "solve things" is "destroy your whole base". Unless you mean from Mob/Reigen's perspective, in which case that wasn't really the point in the first place. It was never demonizing powers so much as saying that it's just one other useful ability. The point there was about relying on other people rather than setting yourself apart as special, and being a part of society. I thought that this part was actually very direct and explicit about that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29132 on: September 28, 2016, 03:18:04 pm »

The point there was about relying on other people rather than setting yourself apart as special, and being a part of society. I thought that this part was actually very direct and explicit about that.
Other then that ran out and after trying to rely on the super special dude (which failed because he tried to rely on other people and be part of a society) then randomly another super special dude who's not part of society pops up to solve the issue.

Before that moment, yeah, it was very direct and explicit.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:21:36 pm by Criptfeind »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:37:41 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29134 on: September 28, 2016, 03:38:06 pm »

then randomly another super special dude who's not part of society pops up to solve the issue.
That didn't happen though. I'm not even sure who you're talking about.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29135 on: September 28, 2016, 03:47:41 pm »

What is with Anime Don Quixote being like... a legitimate knight?

I mean I guess if I loved a character I might rewrite him so he gets what he wants...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:55:45 pm by Neonivek »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29136 on: September 28, 2016, 03:58:02 pm »

then randomly another super special dude who's not part of society pops up to solve the issue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:01:18 pm by Criptfeind »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29137 on: September 28, 2016, 05:44:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He didn't do anything though, the fight was already over. I dunno, maybe the anime did present it poorly, since I can't view it objectively, but it seems like you're focusing on details that aren't important, ignoring the bigger things because of it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29138 on: September 28, 2016, 07:09:05 pm »

He didn't do anything though, the fight was already over. I dunno, maybe the anime did present it poorly, since I can't view it objectively, but it seems like you're focusing on details that aren't important, ignoring the bigger things because of it.

Well, maybe the anime is just different. Because in the anime he clearly saved all their lives and beat the final dude right before he killed them all. If that's not how it went down in the manga, fine, cool, the manga is probably better for it.

Edit: I really don't think that sweating the small stuff too much, in the anime this is the post climax climax of the fight, cutting away at the actual good part that seemed to be the climax with a directly opposite message.

Like I had said, it would have been a lot better if it had just cut off right before this.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:16:38 pm by Criptfeind »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29139 on: September 28, 2016, 11:52:13 pm »

Well, maybe the anime is just different. Because in the anime he clearly saved all their lives and beat the final dude right before he killed them all. If that's not how it went down in the manga, fine, cool, the manga is probably better for it.

Edit: I really don't think that sweating the small stuff too much, in the anime this is the post climax climax of the fight, cutting away at the actual good part that seemed to be the climax with a directly opposite message.

Like I had said, it would have been a lot better if it had just cut off right before this.
I actually watched the anime more recently than the manga. In the anime, he came in and cleaned up a situation where the battle had already been lost and his organization would only lose face further if he didn't rebuke the guy. He wasn't part of the fight in any way, and it wasn't shown as a climax, but as an anti-climax, a fake-out. A last joke thrown in there. It's supposed to be a joke played on you, the watcher, but a good-natured one, not something that there's any reason to go get offended at, it's just silliness. Of course, it'll play into the story later, but that's for later.

Although perhaps ONE did mean to undercut the previous message a bit here, which makes sense. He was pretty heavy-handed with it, and it's in character for him to point out that no one viewpoint is necessarily 100% correct. I didn't initially think of it from that perspective because of what I know happens later, but it's possible that he did that to lay groudwork for refinement of the ideas, to come later.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29140 on: September 29, 2016, 06:33:31 am »

the battle had already been lost

This really isn't the case. >.> Mob and Reigen were explicitly out of energy to fight and were likely about to die.

Other then that I'm not sure if we're disagreeing anymore, set up for later stuff or not doesn't matter, it is fine (and required) if you want to weaken the first part of a story to make room for later parts. That's a reasonable excuse for why it was like that (and honestly it's pretty obvious that's why it is like that) but still just judging it from what exists it makes it a weaker story.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29141 on: September 30, 2016, 06:33:41 pm »

OH MY GOD THE NEW JOJO OPENING IS SO FUNKY
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29142 on: September 30, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »

I need a slice of life high school anime with the main character as a hybrid of Guts and Tanikaze from Sidonia, the ghost girl Sayo from Negi, Griffith and Izana as her romantic rivals, and beastform Zodd as Sayo's accomplice in comedic schemes he comes up with but tend to be really crap because he has no clue how normal human interactions which don't involve bloodshed work. Don't ask why.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29143 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:10 pm »

Honestly I just want a heterosexual-life-partners slice of life show about Guts and Zodd sharing an apartment.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29144 on: September 30, 2016, 09:35:06 pm »

That is also acceptable as long as Skull Knight is their wacky neighbor, and it's set in the modern day which none of them have any understanding of.
Pages: 1 ... 1941 1942 [1943] 1944 1945 ... 2193