Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3071645 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28605 on: August 19, 2016, 08:30:08 pm »

Recently finished Aria: The Animation, an anime which is hardcore, balls-to-the-wall relaxing. It's about gondoliers in a sci-fi venice, a setting which seems odd at first, but the mix of past, present, and future really creates an atmosphere of timelessness. I highly recommend it, especially if you want something to watch and chill out. I will probably investigate the other Arias at some point.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28606 on: August 19, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »

Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou is Aria's main rival in that category. There's not a lot of it adapted to anime however. Well worth reading the manga however, as well as the artist's other stuff.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28607 on: August 19, 2016, 11:45:27 pm »

Red River, Chapter Two.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28608 on: August 20, 2016, 03:12:00 am »

Lookin' good, but seriously ... 28 volumes of that? Hopefully the art style improves over time. The one I recommended checking out for some lulz is only 2 volumes (but really only volume 1 needs to be read) if that ones starts to get to you.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28609 on: August 20, 2016, 04:29:02 am »

Anyone know when the sequel to Railgun S is?

EDIT: Holy shit. I'm watching the 54th episode of Fairy Tail 2014 and the voice actress for child Erza is amazing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:32:54 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28610 on: August 20, 2016, 05:52:58 am »

The Railgun TV show appears to cover events up to book 8. So 4 books = 24 episodes. 3 more books have come out, and another is due sometime in the next few months. So they will have another 4 books worth by this year. It's possible that new OVAs or a TV series would be announced along with the book. But they've been quiet about anything anime-related in almost 3 years so I wouldn't count on it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:54:36 am by Reelya »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28611 on: August 20, 2016, 06:57:36 am »

Lookin' good, but seriously ... 28 volumes of that? Hopefully the art style improves over time. The one I recommended checking out for some lulz is only 2 volumes (but really only volume 1 needs to be read) if that ones starts to get to you.
I flipped forward and let's just say that it... does not.

I will probably break eventually, but today is not that day. Not that I'm going to go very fast with it. >.>

3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28612 on: August 20, 2016, 07:16:04 am »

Shoujou manga can be pretty strange.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28613 on: August 20, 2016, 08:04:46 am »

Lucky star is one of the funniest Slice of Life anime, and probably the most popular
It's up there with Azumanga and Nichijou, in my opinion.
Not a recommendation one should make lightly.
Nichijou is my best friend.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28614 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:24 am »

Hidamari Sketch is good too. Sadly, Yoshinoya's voice actress died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ROZZm3c5M
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:24:43 am by Reelya »

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28615 on: August 20, 2016, 09:24:24 am »

What about Shirobako, what do you think about it?
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28616 on: August 20, 2016, 09:24:56 am »

Shoujou manga can be pretty strange.
It's making all the stupidity and cliches of generic shonen battle shit seem pretty tame, I'll admit.

I suspect that this is actually pretty close in nature and tone to romance-genre novels, except a little more rape-y because Japan. Not that I'm in any rush to find out; it's a lot easier to skim manga than pure text. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28617 on: August 20, 2016, 10:13:44 am »

What about Shirobako, what do you think about it?

Shirobako was pretty great for a behind the scenes show about anime creation, same as Bakuman was for manga creation.

There have been a few similar ones since those two came out dealing with different creative industries (although series about mangaka are fairly common). Sore ga Seiyuu! was about anime voice actresses, but about half as good as Shirobako. Still waiting for a decent one about video game development. So far Girls Beyond the Wasteland is the leading contender. It's a bit cliche and haremesque, but has an excuse: it was first released as a bishoujo visual novel, and the plot is about a team making a bishoujo visual novel. In other words, just like Shirobako and Bakuman the writers actually knew what they were talking about, and the genre cliches become relevant to the material under discussion.

The current show New Game at the moment is a let down, with very few references to actual game development related things. More attention to detail was paid to the fanservice than game dev info. That's what you get when the material isn't written by people who actually work in the industry they're writing about.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:35:26 am by Reelya »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28618 on: August 20, 2016, 03:33:48 pm »

Red River, Chapter Two.
This is pretty great. Probably fair to say I'm looking forward to Chapter 3 more than you are!

EDIT: Though that might not be a fair comparison, since I legit read Superior for a bit, which is another cliche shoujou fantasy past thing. The main chick is an obscenely powerful demon lord who's killed half the world, hero who refuses to kill anyone/thing except said demon king stumbles into her, she tags along assuring herself she'll kill him eventually, etc.

I may have an unfair tolerance for one or more types of relevant bullshit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:40:24 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28619 on: August 20, 2016, 10:29:05 pm »

So finally got around to giving Baccano! another chance (since I got distracted by school halfway through on the first attempt) and actually made it through the entire thing this time. Not the biggest fan of that particular type of ending that they pulled, but I think they did a rather good job of it and it was definitely a very enjoyable series (make sure you watch the 3 specials at the end though, they wrap up a few plot holes and give you a bit more of an ending to some of the lines that you don't otherwise get due to non-temporal way they tell the story).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 2193