Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1888 1889 [1890] 1891 1892 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3068163 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28335 on: July 29, 2016, 03:24:26 pm »

Well... Ok it has one small little detail... "So he uses a technique and gets a pack of dogs and chimps, all with crazy hair, to fight for him all with full stand abilities"
The 80s Zookeeper probably would have been an amazing villain, admittedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANh2rF7NIM

Part 4 does actually explain how DIO assembled his stand army.

Honestly I am not sure there really needed to be an explanation.

I mean... as I said... any living being can develop a stand.
I personally hate the (spoiler) fetish the series develops later. I preferred Stands as a fairly natural thing, not a poorly explained (spoiler) that's also hereditary maybe?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dunno, hero mantle IMO goes to the Shinju.
Yeah give it to the thing that's taking bodily functions away from little girls. Does Kyuubey get an award too? :P
Well shit, I was gonna say the Shinju is overrated, but when you put it like that...

What the heck are you trying to say here if you know you're making it up?
I think he's trying to say he's enchanted with the potential of the setting, even if that particular work didn't go that way. Like how you can favor a waifu even if she's only third best girl canon-wise.

Not exactly. You need to have the right type of personality or else getting hit with the stand arrow just kills you.
Or your stand slowly kills you, as with Holly. Assuming Abdul's claims that he'd seen this before meant the slow way and not just that he and his buddies all got shot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28336 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:14 pm »

NO UR WAIFU A SHIT

:D

Never had a chance to say that before.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28337 on: July 29, 2016, 06:29:06 pm »

Yeah give it to the thing that's taking bodily functions away from little girls. Does Kyuubey get an award too? :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28338 on: July 29, 2016, 09:52:50 pm »

I was under the impression it was meant to be permanent but the Shinju eventually changed it's mind/ found a new way to do things.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:54:57 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28339 on: July 29, 2016, 10:21:40 pm »

Eh. It wasn't permanent, and if the Shinju had done nothing there wouldn't be any little girls to torture in the first place.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28340 on: July 30, 2016, 07:48:05 am »

Eh. It wasn't permanent, and if the Shinju had done nothing there wouldn't be any little girls to torture in the first place.
It was GONNA be permanent until TOGO fixed everything forever. By being the Heroest.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28341 on: July 30, 2016, 11:27:22 am »

Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars:

The official website for Infinite's Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars original television anime series announced on Thursday that the anime will cease broadcast and streaming after its fourth episode (airing on Thursday), and will launch again on September 1. (The restart date will vary depending on the station.) The anime will restart on all television stations that are currently airing the show, although the new television run will start again from the first episode.

The announcement cited the reason for the temporary cessation of the broadcast as there being a "recognizable difference between the show's planned quality [and the current quality]." The announcement further explained that because it is difficult to cancel the production, the staff will adjust the structure and schedule of the production in order to deliver a better product.

Unless something's been mistranslated somewhere, the show is being literally rebooted after only 4 episodes. It has some pretty low ratings, but not the lowest ever. There must be some serious issues with this production. I had dropped the show at episode 1, the character designs are cute but the overall story wasn't anything too exciting. I'm considering following this to see what the issues were and what changes they make.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:51:06 am by Reelya »

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28342 on: July 30, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »

this will be a very curious case study on the changes made, it should be interesting even if just for that reason

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28343 on: July 30, 2016, 12:41:39 pm »

Started following The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi, about a guy that just loves gay yaoi manga, but he isn't gay himself, as he'll protest loudly in his daily homoerotic adventures.

I also started Dagashi Kashi, which I got intrigued by after seeing the song mashup 'Dirty Little Calories', and while I normally detest the Cute Girl Exhibitionism genre that makes up so much of the tripe of anime, there's something endearing about the quirkiness of the show and how it's basically an extended, elaborate commercial for Japanese candies.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28344 on: July 30, 2016, 07:47:46 pm »

It was GONNA be permanent until TOGO fixed everything forever. By being the Heroest.
Catching the idiot ball and trying to kill everyone isn't very heroic

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28345 on: July 30, 2016, 08:08:53 pm »

while I normally detest the Cute Girl Exhibitionism genre that makes up so much of the tripe of anime

Wha? Even Bikini Warriors?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28346 on: July 30, 2016, 09:53:35 pm »

NO UR WAIFU A SHIT

Impossible, it's always the correct answer. Watch:

NO UR WAIFU A SHIT

That's because your waifu is always the shit one.

See? Universal.

this will be a very curious case study on the changes made, it should be interesting even if just for that reason
Yeah.

What's also interesting, of course, is that they're bothering to remake/reboot it rather than scrap it completely and try for something else. I wonder if they're in too deep to just drop and restart, or if they genuinely think the material can come through as a hit, or what.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28347 on: July 30, 2016, 10:25:52 pm »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28348 on: July 31, 2016, 12:55:48 am »

Oh, while I was checking on what nonsense was going on in comics most recently I saw something about Gantz and clicked on it, and holy shitbats it's not just me is it?  I mean, there's only a few trailer/teasers out but the CG in Gantz: O is goddamn amazing.

If it wasn't for the anime character designs and monsters it's really hard to tell these aren't live setpieces.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28349 on: July 31, 2016, 06:22:21 am »

I don't know, it still looks pretty CG to me, and it really frustrates me that I can't describe why. It is incredibly detailed, the light falls on most of the things like it should, but it still has that "CG look" that I'm not even sure exists. Sometimes in newer movies I'll see the individual stitches in a shirt and think "There's no way that can be real", so maybe I just don't know what detail looks like.

I haven't even finished the first episode of Aohana and I can already tell that this series will have me bawling my eyes out at some point. I am a gigantic crybaby for anything even resembling this kind of story. Yes yes old series but w/e.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1888 1889 [1890] 1891 1892 ... 2193