Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3071474 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28215 on: July 19, 2016, 03:44:58 pm »

DAMN IT FOOD WARS!!! DANG YOU! I have to wait for more favorite character goodness.

Anyhow I found an odd honorific being used

-Tama (almost sounds like Tamani... but I assume Ni is another word)

Which... I didn't know the Japanese could use it as a term of endearment outside being a child.

Also Damn you again anime... I didn't need to see a butchering... in that much detail.

Ok no SERIOUSLY anime... STOP IT! couldn't you have chosen something less gruesome? I don't need to see Gorn Cooking.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:52:01 pm by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28216 on: July 19, 2016, 03:58:38 pm »

Next time on Food Wars: Our characters visit a Meat Processing Plant where all your favorite Farm Animals are tossed into literal wood chippers, and the resulting viscera is used in a five star gourmet dish that everyone agrees is really delicious.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:00:18 pm by JoshuaFH »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28217 on: July 19, 2016, 04:18:00 pm »

Next time on Food Wars: Our characters visit a Meat Processing Plant where all your favorite Farm Animals are tossed into literal wood chippers, and the resulting viscera is used in a five star gourmet dish that everyone agrees is really delicious.

... I don't watch this show, but this is facepalm worthy.  Also very unhealthy...

EDIT: Also, have they been putting out new Naruto episodes after the new kids show up?  I know the manga pretty much stopped.   Or is the Naruto anime still catching up?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:19:59 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28218 on: July 19, 2016, 04:36:12 pm »

There is a boruto movie and a manga of some sort (I typed magma first, dammit df) which basically amounts to "oh hey, you know everything that everybody fought and died for, all the progress they made breaking the cycles of parents making mistakes and children repeating them, the peace that had been established due to all of the sacrifice and bloodshed throughout this entire series? Well guess what..." from what I can tell.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28219 on: July 19, 2016, 04:40:46 pm »

There is a boruto movie and a manga of some sort (I typed magma first, dammit df) which basically amounts to "oh hey, you know everything that everybody fought and died for, all the progress they made breaking the cycles of parents making mistakes and children repeating them, the peace that had been established due to all of the sacrifice and bloodshed throughout this entire series? Well guess what..." from what I can tell.

It is kind of the major flaw sometimes of sequels... In that they often have to drag up conflict that was resolved or create new ones making the original seem pointless.

It is why I am starting to SERIOUSLY respect series that decide that they are over (Unlike say... Halo the series that never ends).

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28220 on: July 19, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

... I don't watch this show, but this is facepalm worthy.  Also very unhealthy...

EDIT: Also, have they been putting out new Naruto episodes after the new kids show up?  I know the manga pretty much stopped.   Or is the Naruto anime still catching up?

From what I've heard the Naruto anime production staff has discovered their dream, that is, a plot point which can be harnessed to produce an infinite amount of filler. It's been in there since Christmas at least.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:11:19 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28221 on: July 19, 2016, 05:07:46 pm »

Why is it that my joke idea of an anime called "Infinite Filler" which is a series where the main plot is happening off screen... But all the episodes are the typical filler episodes.

Is actually being done... by Naruto.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28222 on: July 19, 2016, 05:53:51 pm »

I would like to see One do an Infinite Filler webcomic that gets the One Punch man treatment.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28223 on: July 19, 2016, 11:42:03 pm »

On a dare, I must now view two anime. The first:
Valkyrie Drive. Yeah. Aaand..

THE ASTERISK WAR
HOHOHOHOHO
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28224 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:57 am »

I will pray for your soul
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28225 on: July 20, 2016, 12:36:41 am »

Wait a minute... I just realized...

In food wars... women have lost every single time... in 1 on 1 contests (outside against nameless people).

Well ok there was that pitty party but it didn't count.

Odd... Though I doubt it will be as bad as say... Ruioni Kenshin where the female lead just sucks like mad. With exactly ONE good moment.

Which wouldn't be an issue if she was meant to be the weight around Kenshin's neck... But no she is meant to be genuinely skilled and her flaws is supposed to be that she carries the sword of peace against the remnants of war... But it is like the show is allergic to her being competent. Her most embarrassing loss being losing to some nameless guy armed with a knife... While she is armed.

I wish she was the character she was in her final fight the entire series. Where we actually got a good idea of her skill and especially her conviction. She carries the sword of peace (Too bad that fight was also a "Chick Fight" because GIRLS CAN'T FIGHT!)

---

My freeken issue with Anime is that I try to become invested in it and its characters...

I need to just stop trying to become invested. I should just watch Food Wars and go "Nope, no one but the main character will amount to anything"

---

Also I found a nice suggestion in my youtube

Ever wondered when SAO started sucking? Episode 12 apparently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9NlThB3SY
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:51:38 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28226 on: July 20, 2016, 01:52:09 am »

It is kind of the major flaw sometimes of sequels... In that they often have to drag up conflict that was resolved or create new ones making the original seem pointless.

"full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing" is sort of a malady that can affect sequels which are set after the "natural" end point of a series. This affects the new Star Wars movie as far as I'm concerned. There's a lot of noise and action, but there's little in terms of a strong driving central plot line. Which is exemplified in that they had a whole movie where the entire story was about not knowing where the protagonist of a previous movie is. It's Where's Waldo in space. That's not a plot: that's just filler material to pad time.  Whatever people have to say about the Star Wars prequels, they benefited heavily from being constrained to have to line up with the original films. Anakin may have been annoying, but his story had a clear destination. Whereas the new film is almost entirely free reign, and while fun, it's definitely a big mess.

Force Awakens also shows what not to do when rebooting a series. There's a reason that new Gundam installments always start off small, with the focus on only a few characters, then get into the big space battles later. If every Gundam series tried to top all previous Gundams from episode 1 onwards, then it would rapidly get out of control. But that's exactly what Force Awakens does, although I think Abrams was under intense pressure to have a Mega Hit with this movie. It's not sure if it's a sequel or a reboot, really, and that's exemplified in that Rei's power-up arc does in a few minutes what Luke's took 2+ movies to achieve. When it comes easy, it doesn't have the same impact.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 02:16:30 am by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28227 on: July 20, 2016, 01:54:59 am »

Petition to reclassify Star Warts as an anime?

Ever wondered when SAO started sucking? Episode 1 apparently.
Typos eh
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28228 on: July 20, 2016, 02:00:36 am »

You don't technically have to reclassify it, SW received an anime adaptation a long time ago.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28229 on: July 20, 2016, 07:28:57 am »

and that's exemplified in that Rei's power-up arc does in a few minutes what Luke's took 2+ movies to achieve.
So in a few minutes this Rei guy gets powerful enough to lose instantly to the main villain and then spend the next minute or so being shocktortured? That's not too unrealistic I think :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1880 1881 [1882] 1883 1884 ... 2193