Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 [1881] 1882 1883 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070605 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28200 on: July 17, 2016, 02:44:44 am »

Ha ha, you thought it was a food show, but really it was me, DioJoJo!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28201 on: July 17, 2016, 10:21:10 am »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28202 on: July 17, 2016, 05:01:21 pm »

I guess I'm confused as to how Saitama will be facing these guys "again" if they've already be turned into smears.
Yes, that's what I was getting at. That, and the fact that the anime is based on a manga which is based on a webcomic and it would be very easy for them to just look up what would happen next.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28203 on: July 17, 2016, 08:07:46 pm »

That sounds like marketing hype to me. One Punch man in English on Toonami is going to draw in a large crowd who are otherwise clueless about the entire thing. So pretending that there's some sort of mystery or plot-twist coming is good marketing strategy. Having a look at the actual article in question would be helpful however.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:23:27 pm by Reelya »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28204 on: July 18, 2016, 12:55:27 am »

I watched the first episode of Juan Pawnch meun dub. I like Saitama's voice actor.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28205 on: July 18, 2016, 06:15:52 am »

I feel like we're living in a Golden Age of anime. There's honestly so many good shows this year so far, it's unbelievable.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28206 on: July 18, 2016, 07:14:53 am »

Watching Henneko. It's pretty funny, has had me chuckling a fair bit. Also someone get rid of that bloody cat statue, it's a health and safety hazard.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28207 on: July 18, 2016, 08:02:13 am »

Another one that never gets mentioned, and I found hilarious was Binbougami ga!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28208 on: July 18, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »

New chapter of Hajime no Ippo came out, Ippo's FINALLY figured out how to upgrade the Dempsey Roll, and Kamogawa has FINALLY complimented Ippo on something.  Such a short, dialogue-filled chapter, but it  made me so happy.  SO much promise. 

And how does the Dempsey Roll become even more lethal?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28209 on: July 18, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »

My question is whether Ippo has actually made any progress on the relationship front?

Since it started serializing in 1989, and estimating him at 17 years old at the start, he should be about 43 years old at this stage. If he still hasn't got to the point where he's held hands with the girl in over 114 volumes of the manga, then that's the thing that's really starting to stretch credibility, not the boxing-related stuff.

~~~

EDIT: What did I learn in New Game today? A "character designer" designs characters. And those characters are known as "NPCs"! Reelyas gamedev knowledge levels up! ... I also got some in depth lessons about loli pantsu anatomy. If only they paid the attention to detail to gamedev that they do to loli butts. A few times they almost got me thinking there would be some sort of relevant industry stuff, but it never lasts more than ~15 seconds and only once or twice per episode, tops: and just learning what "NPC" stands for is not what I call insider gamedev knowledge. Hell, even SAO goes into more depth about game design than this does.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:30:10 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28210 on: July 18, 2016, 08:58:28 pm »

He's waiting for his portable folding grill business to take off.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28211 on: July 19, 2016, 01:57:29 am »

My question is whether Ippo has actually made any progress on the relationship front?

Since it started serializing in 1989, and estimating him at 17 years old at the start, he should be about 43 years old at this stage. If he still hasn't got to the point where he's held hands with the girl in over 114 volumes of the manga, then that's the thing that's really starting to stretch credibility, not the boxing-related stuff.

Given the general level of respect the manga and anime gives towards women... I think the author's words would be something like: "Girls? But they are icky!"

Ok that and on a more serious front. Ippo's lack of a real relationship is supposed to highlight his hero purity. It is why Goku only married Chichi because he didn't know what he was accepting AND why he never seems to actually respect her as his wife... or why Jaden never ends up with Alexis.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28212 on: July 19, 2016, 04:34:07 am »

Plus, who cares about Ippo?
*chants*
TA
KA
MU
RA

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28213 on: July 19, 2016, 05:17:50 am »

Plus, who cares about Ippo?
*chants*
TA
KA
MU
RA

Takamura as a character by himself is fairly bland and one-dimensional.  As a foil and big brother figure to the other Kamogawa boxers, he's fascinating.  The latest storylines are really playing up how much Takamura sees himself above the other boxers in a completely serious, non-arrogant way, and how secretly scared he is that they'll eventually fail in their goals and end up leaving.  Plus there's the potential threat of him being blind in one eye that's been repeatedly alluded to.

And yeah, Ippo's only gonna get with Kumi when he retires.  Which he's promised to do if he loses his next match.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28214 on: July 19, 2016, 05:20:26 am »

He's a goddamn bearpunching champion, that's like two dimensions right there!
Pages: 1 ... 1879 1880 [1881] 1882 1883 ... 2193