Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3070630 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28185 on: July 16, 2016, 05:11:55 am »

I'd like to recommend the anime adaption of Sweetness and Lightning. It's kinda like if Food Wars and Usagi Drop had a Cute Baby.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28186 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:29 am »

I had no idea what that was then realized it's the one I'm watching and mentioned before, but the English title.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28187 on: July 16, 2016, 07:02:14 am »

In other news, I'm looking forward to seeing how the dub of One Punch Man turned out tomorrow, as a long (loooooooong) time fan of the series (started "reading" the webcomic back around chapter 67 or so, though I don't read japanese for crap, didn't find a translation until after Murata started doing his gorgeous version of it, and was right that the anime would be awesome!) I look forward to a second season, but [as] having the english version will help tide me over. So far I like the voice they have for Saitama.
We also have Mob Psycho 100 this season, which is by the same guy, and has a similar premise.
It's also something he wrote later on, and in my opinion is better in many ways than the portion of OPM that has been adapted so far. OPM season two is where it starts getting good – or where I thought it would, honestly the depth and complexity of the webcomic just keep rising substantially with each arc. The manga is a bit less consistent in that regard since it incorporates later modifications, and some of ONE's growth in the visual aspects of the craft are gone, which is a shame because he does some really cool things with paneling and contrasting art styles sometimes, and Murata, for all his technical skill, doesn't really have much of a handle on that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28188 on: July 16, 2016, 11:21:07 am »

In other news, I'm looking forward to seeing how the dub of One Punch Man turned out tomorrow, as a long (loooooooong) time fan of the series (started "reading" the webcomic back around chapter 67 or so, though I don't read japanese for crap, didn't find a translation until after Murata started doing his gorgeous version of it, and was right that the anime would be awesome!) I look forward to a second season, but [as] having the english version will help tide me over. So far I like the voice they have for Saitama.

Oh, also been watching GuP with the missus after seeing it mentioned in here, really fun series, we just watched the Sherman battle conclusion, both of us love the mix of cute little japanese girl voices, and then... BAKOOSH! Blasting through the speakers periodically.
...they're dubbing OPM? Oh jeez, please be good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28189 on: July 16, 2016, 11:30:20 am »

saitama's english voice is kinda unfitting. I dont know what would have been better, but he sounds more like a stoner kid than a guy with a superhero hobby.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28190 on: July 16, 2016, 02:40:01 pm »

I wasn't sure, but he gets across the "ok, listen, I need to go pick up some groceries, so can we go ahead and skip straight to your final form and whatnot?" vibe pretty well I think.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28191 on: July 16, 2016, 03:38:28 pm »

Like just about all anime dub VAs, I'm not really impressed.

Also not impressed: The first article I found when googling for the VAs being used showered me with hot leaked rumors about how Saitama will face off against Lord Boros' underlings again.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28192 on: July 16, 2016, 03:55:49 pm »

Just caught the start of season 2 of Binan koukou chikyuu bouei-bu. For those unaware, it's a straight-up ultra-girly magical girl show (Sailor Moon / Pretty Cure type). But with dudes instead of girls. Basically the only real difference between how this looks compared to Sailor Moon is that they wear shorts instead of skirts.
Thanks for the rec, but I don't think either of those were ever this pretty.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28193 on: July 16, 2016, 04:09:34 pm »

One of those is just a straight up Ladyboy.

I had no idea what that was then realized it's the one I'm watching and mentioned before, but the English title.

Yeah I didn't realize you had mentioned it before by the Japanese name. One of the few animes that probably depicts a child 'realistically', in the sense that they're not adults in little bodies. The feels feel sincere and genuine, much like Usagi Drop.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28194 on: July 16, 2016, 04:09:34 pm »

Also not impressed: The first article I found when googling for the VAs being used showered me with hot leaked rumors about how Saitama will face off against Lord Boros' underlings again.
What underlings? They all died, IIRC.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28195 on: July 16, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »

One of those is just a straight up Ladyboy.
Well, yeah. You've got to have that one member of the team who hews hard towards opposite sex norms.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28196 on: July 16, 2016, 04:27:44 pm »

Gloryverse and Geryuganship. They are indeed dead.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28197 on: July 16, 2016, 05:27:57 pm »

Gloryverse and Geryuganship. They are indeed dead.
I guess I'm confused as to how Saitama will be facing these guys "again" if they've already be turned into smears.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28198 on: July 16, 2016, 06:15:41 pm »

I am... uncomfortable with that prettiness, IronyOwl.

Several survive, though none of them wanted anything to do with fighting Saitama, it's another one of the S-ranks who shows up that gets involved there.

Oh yeah, Berserk 3 is out, and continues to disappoint. They covered the whole bit with the horsey ride and then tossed in part from later into the mix, Serpico remains the high point of the show, though the previews DID show a dark skinned Casca!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:17:51 pm by Max™ »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28199 on: July 17, 2016, 01:33:23 am »

Shokugeki no Souma went all the way and became JoJo. But everything becomes JoJo these days.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:37:40 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 ... 2193