Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1866 1867 [1868] 1869 1870 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067799 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #28005 on: July 01, 2016, 04:40:10 pm »

See for yourself.

The worst part is that in the clips not totally overshadowed by the CGI, you can see glimpses of what could have actually been good art direction.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28006 on: July 01, 2016, 05:49:58 pm »

I think that looks OK other than the weird unshaded surfaces (eg on the skeletons). It's basically the Phantom Blood OP.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28007 on: July 01, 2016, 05:52:40 pm »

All the armor pieces are weirdly realistic and over-detailed compared to the drawn stuff, and the one shot of Guts that was all CGI looked nothing like any other shot that had Guts in it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:55:25 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28008 on: July 01, 2016, 07:28:04 pm »

It's not great, but not unwatchable
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28009 on: July 01, 2016, 07:51:11 pm »

Well, Kuromukuro doesn't actually have official subs at this point. It was picked up by Netflix, who are going to simulcast the show starting in July. So we're going with amateur subs at this point. The subber is gg. On gg's website, the team leader says he just turned 18. I'm calling "immature bullshit subs" here for sure.

Well on the 18 thing, I did some research after noticing some of the comments on the post, and that's just a personal joke of Koda's. Note how one of the other update posts calls her out for "turning 18 for the 20th time or something".  According to people who've followed the group for a long time she's actually almost 30 in reality.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:00:26 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28010 on: July 01, 2016, 08:09:04 pm »

Just watched that episode of the new Berserk, I've read every chapter, and also recently finished reading Sidonia as well as watching that CGI heavy adaptation.

How can Sidonia capture the character designs so well with CGI, and not suffer from constant derp face, despite being such a new series, while Berserk, which literally nobody should be confused about, is so... off?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28011 on: July 01, 2016, 08:32:53 pm »

Ugh ANN continues to blatantly ignore any positive occurrence involving G-Reco, including leaving it out of the list of shows that were announced to be brought over at Anime Expo today, and not reporting the recent announcement of its compilation movie.  This isn't an isolated accident either, they've been ignoring positive reviews and statements by industry notables since the middle of its airing, translated quotes from Tomino in ways that put them in the worst possible light, just so happened to stop updating it's sales listing right as they started going upwards back when it was airing, and people who have sent them tips about recent news have complained on their forums about being outright ignored.

The fanbase debate over the shows quality aside, this stuff has been getting really fishy and annoying considering how widespread and trusted their site is.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:40:23 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28012 on: July 01, 2016, 08:40:28 pm »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #28013 on: July 01, 2016, 09:12:50 pm »

Snip
Any idea why?
They haven't spoken on the subject for obvious reasons so no. Some people have thrown around guesses like that there's either someone with a personal vendetta on the staff or they're trying to sell a journalistic narrative or something or another like that.  Either way no matter what it is, it's really screwed up.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:17:03 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28014 on: July 02, 2016, 06:10:32 am »

... sequel? The manga ended? What?

I would wager 70% of people who know Berserk only watched the old 90s anime, and thus for them the new show is a "sequel".

Don't watch the old anime, people, it's bad.

The old berserk anime is great, what are you talking about. It's main issue is it only covers the golden age. The berserk movies on the other hand have some of the worst CGI i've seen and are painful to watch.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28015 on: July 02, 2016, 11:49:09 am »

... sequel? The manga ended? What?

I would wager 70% of people who know Berserk only watched the old 90s anime, and thus for them the new show is a "sequel".

Don't watch the old anime, people, it's bad.

The old berserk anime is great, what are you talking about. It's main issue is it only covers the golden age. The berserk movies on the other hand have some of the worst CGI i've seen and are painful to watch.
... What? I... huh.
 :-\

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28016 on: July 02, 2016, 12:51:10 pm »

The new CGI is definitely painful.

Compare Knights of Sidonia, like I mentioned.

With the 2016 Berserk.

Note that I specifically chose these two because if I'm gonna compare anyone against Miura, it's gonna be Nihei.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:54:42 pm by Max™ »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28017 on: July 02, 2016, 01:56:19 pm »

I like the Berserk movies. And in fact, I really like Berserk 2016. Both have a very nice feel.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28018 on: July 02, 2016, 02:17:55 pm »

Eh. Like I said, it shows signs of its age, but the original Black Swordsman + Golden Age run had a lot going for it. I don't want an incoherent mess with CGI more obtrusive than season 1 of Initial D, I just want to put my grasses on again.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28019 on: July 02, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »

Food wars is back!

And WOW! Talk about fighting the final boss first
----
I wonder how long Food Wars will go before it ousts its "Secondary Main character" (and no I don't mean the female lead, though yes... both are female)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

Look I guess it is to say... I understand that the "Ice Queen" is a common character whose heart needs to be melted.

Yet Food Wars usage of it REALLY rubs me the wrong way because it just outright tells you she is the female lead and telegraphs her future involvement with the main character. It basically is telling you to forgive her behavior and often doesn't even give an excuse even when she is being a insufferable person.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:48:41 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 1866 1867 [1868] 1869 1870 ... 2193