Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1862 1863 [1864] 1865 1866 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067596 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27945 on: June 24, 2016, 07:09:04 am »

Just finished episode 11, about at the half-way point of Kill la Kill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:12:01 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27946 on: June 24, 2016, 08:00:03 am »

That bit was a bit annoying yeah, tho it kinda gets better again after that.

Anyways, some thoughts on Kuromukuro, seeing as ep 11 finaly got translated (just in time for the next one too). I'm willing to be money that Akagi guy gets to pilot Longarm sometime soon, and I'm not sure I really like that idea since it feels like they're throwing him, a rather bland dude with a crush into the mix just so we can have some love drama or something. I mean, it could be interesting if they give him a bit more focus and we follow his development into someone interesting perhaps, but I'm not sure I'm able to give anyone that much credit these days.

Anyways, waiting for the next episode to see how accurate I was.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27947 on: June 24, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »

And that Ends GuP. Does Bay 12 have any recommendations for our Next Anime? We'll post log Highlights if you want.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27948 on: June 24, 2016, 11:01:05 pm »

Karnewarrior: LAST EPISODE
Sprin: HYPE HYPE HYPE
Karnewarrior: It's the lastest
Sprin: watch them lose
Sprin: and the school closes
Karnewarrior: I would
Sprin: and bad end
Karnewarrior: love this anime forever if they did
Karnewarrior: and hate it if it's bullshit
Sprin: Like
Karnewarrior: but I would like having the mc lose for once
Sprin: "yeah you think we gave them THAT good of plot armor?"
Sprin: "Fuck you"
...darn it, I can't even say what anime ending this immediately reminded me of without completely spoiling the anime itself.  Because, well, last-second "plot armor takes five AP rounds to the chest" is a bit of a spoiler.

Let's see, shows watched together and posted here were Elfen Lied and GuP, from what I found with a 5-second cursory search.  Hmmm...I'm gradually realizing just how utterly inadequate my anime list is for analogy to those two, that would also be amusing to watch other people watch.  Ooh, maybe Irresponsible Captain Tylor; some of the more interesting/outrageous stuff in that show might be fun to watch other people react to. ^_^ For more "high school girls fighting in whatever", maybe...oh, I dunno, how about Bodacious Space Pirates (I actually picked it up because the name was so outre that it couldn't help but set off my "train wreck" fascination; it wasn't as bad as that, but I think it had a bad case of missed potential that made it ultimately forgettable).  Planetes is one I will always suggest, though, unambiguously and utterly.  Sorry; a lot of the stuff I like is either different tastes, not as suited for a good MSTing, or both. 

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #27949 on: June 24, 2016, 11:06:53 pm »

Girls und Panzer der Film. Haifuri. No game No life. My three recommendations.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27950 on: June 25, 2016, 03:04:44 am »

Blind Grisaia no Kajitsu Unrated VN (18+): Quick thoughts
Spoiler: Common Route (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Makina Route (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Amane Route (click to show/hide)

Total score ATM: 7.3/10

I still haven't finished Sachi, Michiru and Yumiko's routes.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27951 on: June 25, 2016, 09:38:50 am »

Bodacious Space Pirates (I actually picked it up because the name was so outre that it couldn't help but set off my "train wreck" fascination; it wasn't as bad as that, but I think it had a bad case of missed potential that made it ultimately forgettable).
I feel you on that one. The premise they started with was brilliant, but then they ruined it in too many ways to count. :I

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27952 on: June 25, 2016, 10:12:53 am »

So watched Kabaneri no something something (and the Iron Fortress in japanese i presume) 11th episode...and gave up half way through

The show had so much promise despite the typical bland "IM GONNA SAVE EVERYONE! NO ONES GONNA EVER GET HURT AGAIN!" stupid good main character...but it completely lost it with the introduction of the Villain.

anyway to the GuP dude: Haifuri is basically Girls und Battleship, then there floats around Girls und Luftwaffe somewhere (don't ask me where i forgot its name) and otherwise Upotte if you want Girls und Assault Rifle (although the Girls ARE Assault Rifles, which is less retarded than it sounds)

Hmm anyone got any good animes with some nice ultra-violence and preferably few anime tropes (clicheés? i think you know what i mean)? Think in the vein of Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Berserk, The one with the two professional killers and the prostitute in the vaguely italian city (or was it a proper italian city?) or Gate! (preferably with less harems going on)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27953 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:10 am »

Man, Black Lagoon and Berserk really aren't what I'd point to as series that use traditional clichés of the medium. I'd also think that leaning on such would clash with the other premise of quality. TBH I can't really think of anything that has sufficient overlap, except maybe Gantz, if you want to take wossname's constant contextually inappropriate perversions as being representative of a cliché. Fair warning if you read it, though, it gets really fucking weird later on, and that's saying something.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #27954 on: June 25, 2016, 12:56:55 pm »

Godamnit jojo, you and your dumb... invisible bullshit shenanigans.  At least bad-assery doesn't diminish with age.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27955 on: June 25, 2016, 03:45:01 pm »

uhm...thanks but i meant with *few*...clichés...sorry for the miscommunication...

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27956 on: June 25, 2016, 06:49:11 pm »

...darn it, I can't even say what anime ending this immediately reminded me of without completely spoiling the anime itself.  Because, well, last-second "plot armor takes five AP rounds to the chest" is a bit of a spoiler.
Is it
?
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27957 on: June 25, 2016, 08:27:00 pm »

Is it
?
Nope.  Actually, I was warned off of that show by this thread, so I never watched it.  It's a 90s anime that came over around the early 00s.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:28:44 pm by Culise »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27958 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:34 pm »

Haifuri had no dub, and Sprin whined harder than Shinji Ikari at a AA meeting. (He's a bitch, and also, dyslexic. The bitch.)

So we looked at Planetes instead.

Spoiler: Planetes Episode 1-2 (click to show/hide)

Planetes turned out to be too much a reminder of our shitty jobs. So instead of episode 3, have a bonus instead! (It's like DLC!)((We'll watch more later. It's good enough to continue, we're just short on time))

Spoiler: TORADORA BONUS! (click to show/hide)

So this time we ended up not having much to say; a Hazard of starting a series with realistic, browned characters (planetes) and only watching one episode of the Colorful, cartoony series (Toradora). Next time might be similar: Planetes looks like it's worth watching, but it's a bit dry. Like bread, it must be taken in with something flavorful. Since Haifuri didn't take (Damn you Sprin!), and we nixed Space Pirates since it sounds of similar "quality" to Pacifist-in-a-stupid-situation-to-be-a-pacifist-and-also-NO-PANTS-EVER-HEYOOO, better known by the acronym Strike Witches, Toradora will fill that gap.

Thanks for the recs though, Culise. We both appreciate the help.  :)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27959 on: June 26, 2016, 09:07:48 am »

You guys make me wish I had someone to animu with  :'(

Not sure I could hang with you guys though, only have one waifu forever.

The only woman to sexually intimidate me.
Satsuki Kiryuin.

If you wanna be my waifu, you got to scare my diiiiick
Sparrows ain't got nothin the EAGLES GOT MY PICK
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:10:29 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1862 1863 [1864] 1865 1866 ... 2193