Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066122 times)

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #660 on: July 29, 2009, 04:06:41 pm »

An MST of of an anime you say? Will you be doing it full motion like the real MST or will you be doing it picture style like some sort of let's play?

What's the show about anyhow?

Picture style.

To put it in the most basic format: It's a murder mystery about a wealthy family being killed on an island within the time-span of 48 hours. (The plot is better than it sounds actually... It's just because that dammed music from Bionic Commando is stuck in my head, so I cannot think of a better description...)

The Visual Novel though, is FAR better than the anime.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 29, 2009, 04:09:38 pm »

How teh fux? I thought this thing was dead!
EDIT: Seems I haven't been reading the titles carefully. Carry on....

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2009, 08:54:10 am »

BEATRICE ~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2009, 10:28:51 am »

Well Okenido, is the show something you could take any random screenshot from, and still show us? Then I don't think that one would be entirely inappropriate for creative projects or perhaps even forum games.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2009, 11:16:36 am »

I would say creative projects, since forum games is so damn full and presumably this wouldn't have any player interaction. I like those things though. My friend made something like what you're describing for Excel Saga a long, long time ago. It was...well, it was Excel Saga, I guess he sort of didn't even have to try very hard.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #665 on: August 01, 2009, 05:29:31 am »

I'm working on it... But I seem to find something to make fun of or RAEG about every two seconds...
So it's going to take a fair amount of time for me to do this...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 01, 2009, 12:33:37 pm »

Good luck on it Okenido, I hope to see your genius in the future.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 03, 2009, 04:12:17 pm »

I have a serious problem.

Now, I hate to admit this, but I read the Bleach manga. It's a guilty pleasure that keeps pulling me back in. Now, it doesn't interest me because I think it's good, on the contrary, it's so UNBELIEVABLY BAD that I'm simply intrigued at how Tite Kubo (the author) can draw this, and say "Yep, that's EXACTLY what I want!".

It's like going to Rotten.com, nothing there is appealing, but it grotesquery compels you to look.

I don't hold any hope for the series, it'll never get better because I'm thoroughly convinced that Mr. Kubo has given up on trying to make his creation fun or interesting, he just puts pen to paper for the paycheck, and doesn't care what the final product is, Bleach is evident of that.

But again, WHY do I keep coming back to read it? Well, to put it simply, I'm not the least bit concerned with how the story goes or how the characters develop (because they DON'T), no, I keep up with the the latest chapters out of a morbid sense of curiosity, as every time I see a new chapter is available, I immediately think "How did Tite Kubo fuck up this time?" and it's like a game, did he:

-attempt yet another Asspull?
-insert more obviously forced symbolism?
-make established characters act and talk very out of character?
-waste time focusing on worthless no-name characters that are never seen again and never make an impact on the plot?
-introduce perfectly good characters with original names, personalities, and backstories only to immediately kill them off?
-introduce more sue-ish qualities to the main roster?
-insert more aggravating dialogue that never goes anywhere?
-break MORE of the established rules of the universe?
-Take perfectly likeable characters and worf them nonstop?
-Build up the tension in one chapter, to make it seem as though things are FINALLY going to get even a little bit interesting, only to retcon the shit out of it the next chapter, returning everything to status quo?

and really, the list could go on and on and on.

I cannot fathom how Tite Kubo takes show about magical ghost swordsmen from another dimension that fight demons from an entirely different dimension, and make it this dull and uninteresting.

and the sad part is the anime is even worse...

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #668 on: August 03, 2009, 06:04:55 pm »

Oh, and last time I checked, he didn't have any plans on ending it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 07, 2009, 03:49:28 pm »

I got superbly bored, so I decided to go back and watch Afro Samurai again.

Basically, the romp of violence and more violence is apparently enough to shut up the loudest of my internal critics as I my general opinion was something like this:

"What is this? Now that I think about it, this is SO STUPID! Nothing is realistic, that character is annoying, the plot is outlandish! This is rubbish! This is crap! This is... is... WOW SO FUCKING AWESOME! DID YOU JUST SEE THAT! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! That was so unexpected! That was so interesting! Who cares if the little details don't make sense, IT'S REALLY COOL!"

It's a really short show (5 episodes) of nothing but constant fighting and gore, so I'd recommend it to anyone that's looking for that sort of thing.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 07, 2009, 07:26:01 pm »

I liked Afro Samurai. The action sequences are sublime. But you forgot the really cool part :

The voice of Samuel L Jackson as Afro Samurai and Ninja Ninja.

Making it the greatest anime dub of all time. Also, they made a movie sequel recently. It was so-so.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:12 pm »

Bleach Snip
Honestly, a great manga/anime till the end of the soul society arc.

It went downhill afterwards.  I took a break and don't plan on looking back at what I missed.  Most likely nothing important.

What peaked my interest back to Bleach was the arc looking at the past.  You know, backstory to some of the Shinigami.  Then return to the same thing.

Its now morbid curiosity too.  Personally I'm not interested in Ichigo and Orihime and whats happening now.  But, I'm at least keeping up with the new manga.

The original 12 captains alone, not counting their VCs each had their own backstory, I am most interested in that.  The formation of Soul Society and everything between then and before Ichigo and co.  It sounds like an interesting time.  How it all came to be what it is now.

So yea...  The guy keeps adding so many characters...   there needs to be a big purge of characters in this latest manga arc.  There will be rage.  But, its needed....  Though if this guy doesn't intend on ending it soon...   probably will become DBZ length by its end...  hah.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 10, 2009, 01:02:01 am »

I always just assumed that DBZ was a mobius strip type show, always looping back to the beginning and starting over...

So anyway, I need something new to watch. Okenido, can you name me something interesting?

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #673 on: August 10, 2009, 01:08:34 am »

Depends.

What are you in the mood for?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 10, 2009, 01:12:00 am »

Depends.

What are you in the mood for?

NO! You were supposed to say something like "Oh, how about Zippy Bluebonz! I always wanted to know someone named that!".

But I kid, do you know anything with great music, like, REALLY AWESOME music? Like, a musical, with singing and dancing, except it's anime, and awesome.

Do you know anything like that?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 2193