Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064640 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27555 on: May 07, 2016, 11:08:01 pm »

If Superman loses to Batman he stands no chance!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #27556 on: May 07, 2016, 11:17:21 pm »

If Superman loses to Batman he stands no chance!
Batman can beat anyone if he gets enough prep time though.

But can Batman beat One Punch Man Saitama?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27557 on: May 07, 2016, 11:21:49 pm »

Eeehhh... batman might actually have a pretty easy time of it. Saitama's usually pretty chill, and not exactly adverse to just listening if the opponent's willing to talk. Getting saitama to walk away (and thus give batman victory by forfeit!) likely wouldn't be that much trouble.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: May 07, 2016, 11:36:49 pm »

Uh, um... shit. Probably?
I'll eat my hat if Atomic Skull and Black Adam aren't at least three bands each.

He has one pose. ONE! You can't be a JoJo with only one pose!
I'd count at least three. The flying thing, nippleparrying bullets stance, and kent-glassesing. Points off for rarely chaining them, though, which is indeed a mark against jojo mojo.
Hm, point. Pre-booth shirt-opening might count as well.

Eeehhh... batman might actually have a pretty easy time of it. Saitama's usually pretty chill, and not exactly adverse to just listening if the opponent's willing to talk. Getting saitama to walk away (and thus give batman victory by forfeit!) likely wouldn't be that much trouble.
Batman's also probably cunning enough to maneuver Saitama around to get him into/out of the way less directly than just asking.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27559 on: May 07, 2016, 11:41:03 pm »

Hm, point. Pre-booth shirt-opening might count as well.
Ho, yeah. That's probably the most JoJo of them all, really.

Though, that said, especially some of the earlier Superman stuff was totally jojo as goddamn. I still remember good chunks of that one back on VHS with the underground bird people, which would have fit right into the bizarre adventures without any trouble at all.

E: Seems like it was called The Underground World. S'on youtube, unsurprisingly. I'd totally recommend it if you want to check out how casually older animators would make stuff that would scare the shit out of their intended audience.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 11:45:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: May 08, 2016, 06:53:52 am »

Though, that said, especially some of the earlier Superman stuff was totally jojo as goddamn. I still remember good chunks of that one back on VHS with the underground bird people, which would have fit right into the bizarre adventures without any trouble at all.

E: Seems like it was called The Underground World. S'on youtube, unsurprisingly. I'd totally recommend it if you want to check out how casually older animators would make stuff that would scare the shit out of their intended audience.
This is pretty Awaken My Masters, yeah. The Mummy Strikes arguably even moreso.

Also interesting to see Superman getting clocked by a birdman. Did he get more powerful as time went on, or just more consistent?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27561 on: May 08, 2016, 07:00:25 am »

Vastly more powerful, early Supes is pretty tame.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27562 on: May 08, 2016, 08:39:53 am »

Depends on how early you're talking, heh. He's certainly gotten more consistent (and generally weaker) in more recent years, and he's definitely had bits where he was portrayed as relatively weak, but some of his earlier stuff also showed him as having a power listing that basically read, "Yes." Up to and exceeding spontaneous celestial engineering! It got pretty crazy.
Ask not!
Ask!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27563 on: May 08, 2016, 01:26:19 pm »

I'm trying to get into the broader Ghost In The Shell franchise, since the live action movie is apparently still a real thing.

I never really used to care for Stand Alone Complex, but now I think it's among my favorite sci-fi shows.

Is it true that there was a really convoluted sub-plot early in the manga because Shirow wanted to write in a lesbian orgy for no reason? I remember hearing that somewhere but I've never read the manga and I'm not sure if that's a rumor.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: May 08, 2016, 01:34:43 pm »

Iunno about convoluted subplot, but I can confirm there was a cybersex lesbian orgy. IIRC Batou had to contact the Major during her private time at one point and gets really weirded out by the sensory feedback.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 01:36:41 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27565 on: May 08, 2016, 01:44:57 pm »

GitS has never been shy about sex but that just seems out of character
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27566 on: May 08, 2016, 02:44:07 pm »

... does it? It's been a while since I've watched much GitS, but that doesn't seem exactly out of character for the Major's personality from what I recall of it. Off hours yuri-pile (on the down-low, screen time wise) actually seems like something that would be pretty in line with it, really.
Ask not!
Ask!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: May 08, 2016, 03:00:04 pm »

Haven't seen the anime adaptations yet, but from what I've heard the manga version of the Major is quite a bit more cheerful in personality than the anime versions.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:03:20 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: May 08, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »

Most of my GITS experience has been with the two non-SAC films and the new Arise films, where she's very much characterized as a philosophical Rei Ayanami-type. I'm just starting to discover that this is unusual

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: May 08, 2016, 04:11:31 pm »

Ah ha. Yeah, no, that's fairly close from what I can recall of what I've seen, it's just she's also a basically perpetual internet slummer, with most of what you would expect that to entail, and she's got a fairly wicked (if usually low flying, so to speak) sense of humor. Not so much unusual as missing pieces, more or less.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 2193