Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3064833 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27450 on: May 02, 2016, 11:19:18 am »

This week's Macross Delta was cozy. The Windemerean's reasons for declaring war is surprisingly reasonable. Well so far. We haven't quite heard NUNs side of the story yet. Freyja and Hayate taking his valkyrie on a joyride was adorable.

I should probably go check out Macross Zero sometime soon judging by the current fan theories flying around.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:25:37 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27451 on: May 02, 2016, 11:36:56 am »

Well this isn't anime but I don't think there's an active VN thread so

I've been playing Lucid9 and holy fuck.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27452 on: May 02, 2016, 11:39:19 am »

There's one in Other Games that gets necroed every once in a while
It's FEF, not FEOF

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27453 on: May 02, 2016, 12:15:02 pm »

Space Patrol Luluco is hilarious.

Did...did she just CUM from watching the new kid murder that dude?! LOLWUT

Actually I can already tell this is basically "LOLWUT, The Series"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27454 on: May 02, 2016, 12:20:28 pm »

JUSTICE GUN MORPHING!

My favorite part is that Inferno Cop is a prominent character. Just pulled directly from his own series with only the slightest alteration, and plopped nonchalantly right into this series.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #27455 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:44 pm »

Clearly I need to watch Inferno Cop then.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27456 on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:00 pm »

My favorite part is that Inferno Cop is a prominent character. Just pulled directly from his own series with only the slightest alteration, and plopped nonchalantly right into this series.
Over Justice is Inferno Cop's boss. They talked on the phone in some episode or other.

It was officially confirmed via twitter that the two series are in the same universe.

Lalaco's life fiber outfit may or may not indicate being the same universe as KlK, someone who speaks Japanese could ask.

There's one in Other Games that gets necroed every once in a while
I've gone and given it another necro, but I don't have high hopes.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:37:33 pm by Cruxador »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27457 on: May 02, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »

One example of that would by Star Wars VII's Kylo Ren. He's such a douchebag that he can't be taken seriously as a douchebag. That's why the "Emo Kylo Ren" twitter feed hits the mark so well. You end up pitying him rather than feeling that he's a malevolent presence.

I'm pretty sure that was intentional though? He's mostly presented as a Darth Vader wannabe who sorta sucks at being proper evil.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27458 on: May 02, 2016, 01:34:32 pm »

Over Justice is Inferno Cop's boss. They talked on the phone in some episode or other.

It was officially confirmed via twitter that the two series are in the same universe.

Lalaco's life fiber outfit may or may not indicate being the same universe as KlK, someone who speaks Japanese could ask.

I was actually completely unaware of Inferno Cop's connection to Over Justice, that detail completely flew over my head. It's nuts though to think that Trigger is just straight up connecting all their universes in one tie-in show. Especially since
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27459 on: May 02, 2016, 01:38:02 pm »

I think it's more like, he's such an unrelenting jerkass that he's no longer just being a jerkass, he has underlying psych issues.

One example of that would by Star Wars VII's Kylo Ren. He's such a douchebag that he can't be taken seriously as a douchebag. That's why the "Emo Kylo Ren" twitter feed hits the mark so well. You end up pitying him rather than feeling that he's a malevolent presence.

I'd say it's more like they writers are trying to make a character hateable but try way too hard and it kinda becomes grating. Like, I know, you're evil/bad/whatever, you've shown it plenty, now get the fuck off the screen and let some multidimensional characters be interesting, jeez..
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27460 on: May 02, 2016, 02:07:54 pm »

Eeehhh... it's forgivable if they've got style, imo. Kefka, ferex, was pretty much never on screen being something besides evil (and it's fairly difficult to evil harder than some of what he did, ha), but he got a pretty good reception so far as I'm aware. Admittedly he wasn't on screen at all times, but still.

Clownganking the world excuses a lot.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:10:53 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27461 on: May 02, 2016, 05:34:40 pm »

I was actually completely unaware of Inferno Cop's connection to Over Justice, that detail completely flew over my head. It's nuts though to think that Trigger is just straight up connecting all their universes in one tie-in show. Especially since
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In Trigger's Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de, they're at the pool once and Mako from KLK clearly swims past in the background. I just thought that was a random detail, but maybe the universes are actually connected. I don't recommend Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de however. It's a generic school club x harem anime that Trigger obviously churned out so they could keep paying the gas and electric bill.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27462 on: May 02, 2016, 06:37:14 pm »

I enjoyed InoBato, but I can tell that I definitely wouldn't have if Trigger hadn't been involved.
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27463 on: May 02, 2016, 08:23:51 pm »

InouBattle is only really known for Saori Hayami's quite spectacular rant. Nothing else.

A shame since I rather liked the premise, but like a lot of things, they blew up the execution.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27464 on: May 02, 2016, 08:37:42 pm »

In Trigger's Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de, they're at the pool once and Mako from KLK clearly swims past in the background. I just thought that was a random detail, but maybe the universes are actually connected. I don't recommend Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de however. It's a generic school club x harem anime that Trigger obviously churned out so they could keep paying the gas and electric bill.
They also put an inferno cop golem in the OP. But I'm pretty sure the universes can't be connected, since Trigger doesn't own the IP for that. It's an LN adaptation. I found it to be a decently high-quality show within its genre. The voice acting is good – very good in one particular scene – the animation is good, and it lacks any major flaw. If what you want is high school harem slice of life, it's a good recommendation. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who hears "Trigger" and is looking for Imaishi's comedy of course, but that doesn't mean it's not a well done show in its own right.
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 2193