Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1821 1822 [1823] 1824 1825 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066025 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27330 on: April 27, 2016, 07:53:35 pm »

Watamote and NHK are basically "this is why social anxiety sucks". I haven't seen The World God Only Knows to give a comparison though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27331 on: April 27, 2016, 08:17:51 pm »

The World God Only Knows is more towards the harem comedy direction. Otaku guy gets "magical girlfriend" type helper. Then he has to sequentially "save" a bunch of other girls who have various life problems by using his Secret Otaku Knowledge. While it has poignant moments, they're related to the sob-stories of the girls. The MCs geekiness is more played for pure laughs.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27332 on: April 27, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »

I would recommend The World God Only Knows 7/10 you should watch it.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27333 on: April 27, 2016, 08:32:44 pm »

The TWGOK adaptation* kind of plays things differently, the manga isn't really a harem as such but a series of "monster of the week" situations, and each one is a fairly substantial arc, and they don't all come together until the ending arc. Which I didn't think lived up to the beginning of the series, but so it goes.

The MCs geekiness is more played for pure laughs.
There's some of that in the manga too, but it's less about laughs and more an actual source of power/agency for him.

*full disclaimer: I actually dropped it fairly quickly.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27334 on: April 27, 2016, 08:44:05 pm »

I've been craving some chill anime, something along the lines of Eve no Jikan, Haibane Renmei, Mushishi, Hotaru no Mori e

Bonus points if it has nice music or makes me cry (although don't tell me if it will, I like to go into that stuff blind)

Help
Try "Your Lie In April"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #27335 on: April 27, 2016, 08:56:26 pm »

I've been craving some chill anime
Non Non Biyori, Is The Order A Rabbit?, and this season's Flying Witch are worth giving a look.

Try "Your Lie In April"
No
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27336 on: April 27, 2016, 09:02:08 pm »

I've been craving some chill anime
Non Non Biyori, Is The Order A Rabbit?, and this season's Flying Witch are worth giving a look.

Try "Your Lie In April"
No

No. The titles they provided are not Iyashikei moe anime. They also want to cry.

Sakamichi no Apollon, Your Lie in April are nice picks.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27337 on: April 27, 2016, 09:05:15 pm »

I've been craving some chill anime, something along the lines of Eve no Jikan, Haibane Renmei, Mushishi, Hotaru no Mori e

Bonus points if it has nice music or makes me cry (although don't tell me if it will, I like to go into that stuff blind)

Help
I've only seen like half an episode, but maybe Kids On The Slope will fit the bill. A friend with good taste reccomended it to me several times. It's about jazz apparently.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27338 on: April 27, 2016, 09:07:19 pm »

It's nice, though it runs folly of a 12 episode format. It's so damned short.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27339 on: April 27, 2016, 09:17:03 pm »

Help
Kino's Journey - is a classic, and pretty short.

Yokohama Kadaishi Kikou - is very chill. It's an OVA series based on a manga. The manga is pretty great.

Natsume Yuujinchou - by the same mangaka as Hotaru no Mori e, and adapted by the same director.

Aria - doesn't get more chillax than this.

Sora no Woto - post-apoc military slice of life. It's sort of like a cross between Aria and Haibane Renmei, but with a focus on music. Has a great soundtrack (make sure to get the extended version of episode 1 - length = 25:48).

Beck - this show doesn't get mentioned very often, but it fits the bill here. Slice of life about music.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:30:13 pm by Reelya »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27340 on: April 27, 2016, 09:42:48 pm »

Just reached the latest chapter of the Hajime no Ippo manga.  Quite sad that its going to be a while before the next chapter, even worse is the ungodly amount of time it'll take for there to be a new season of the anime.  I want my Battle of the Demons nao!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27341 on: April 27, 2016, 09:51:39 pm »

Does Ippo ever finally make anything happen with that girl, Kimi I think her name was? Cause that's what turned me off from the show and manga altogether, that he's an awesome cool boxing champion, fighting all these manly people from all over the world, but he's still a useless limp turbo-virgin, and his non-relationship status is dragged out over years, such that I'd imagine that by the current manga's state he's nearly a middle aged man that still hasn't had his first kiss yet.

You can say that it's just a running joke, but that one aspect of his character that refuses to develop no matter what completely ruined the entire show for me.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #27342 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:51 pm »

Help
Koutoura-san fits two of three on that, if you consider light-hearyed comedy to be "chill"

It's not shoujou, though, like natsumi or (I assume) those shows you posted. I tend to stick around seinen and shounen more than shoujo and jousei anime.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27343 on: April 27, 2016, 09:56:53 pm »

Does Ippo ever finally make anything happen with that girl, Kimi I think her name was? Cause that's what turned me off from the show and manga altogether, that he's an awesome cool boxing champion, fighting all these manly people from all over the world, but he's still a useless limp turbo-virgin, and his non-relationship status is dragged out over years, such that I'd imagine that by the current manga's state he's nearly a middle aged man that still hasn't had his first kiss yet.

You can say that it's just a running joke, but that one aspect of his character that refuses to develop no matter what completely ruined the entire show for me.

He's actually nearly kissed Kumi twice, now.  It's literally impossible for them to not know they like each other.  It's just the standard comedy timing bullshit ( e.g., big brother Mashiba ) ruining the moment ( and one genuinely hilarious moment of Kumi sliding down a hill with closed-eyes Ippo still thinking he's about to kiss her ).

I'm assuming he'll finally get with her once he either becomes world champion
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27344 on: April 27, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »

Finally finished Fate/Zero and UBW. After all that I'm now hyped for the HF movies.

Every moment of them felt like money was pouring on each scene. High quality production seems to have that effect. Go Ufotable!

Does "Welcome to the NHK!" actually get better after the first three episodes? It hasn't pulled me in and been on my backlog for a while.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 1821 1822 [1823] 1824 1825 ... 2193