Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065955 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #27285 on: April 25, 2016, 01:37:03 pm »

Weekly reminder that Sakamoto is gonna be the anime of the year.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27286 on: April 25, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »

the deen season of log horizon made me sad. Why couldnt they just stick with the same studio that built up the solid foundation. deen royally fucked it, it probably won't even get another season now. Unless there's a reboot when the LNs finish.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:41:36 pm by Mattk50 »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27287 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:39 pm »

Not to mention it has a much more accurate portrayal of MMO mechanics and the mindset of gamers and NEETs than SAO, as SAO's writer was just a casual Ragnarok Online player who stayed in the lower levels while the writer of Log Horizon is a former hardcore Eve Online player who would stay up all night to take part in international raid parties.

the deen season of log horizon made me sad. Why couldnt they just stick with the same studio that built up the solid foundation. deen royally fucked it, it probably won't even get another season now. Unless there's a reboot when the LNs finish.
This so much. It just makes me sad thinking about it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27288 on: April 25, 2016, 01:45:34 pm »

I haven't seen the second season of LH, what did Deen do it?
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27289 on: April 25, 2016, 01:48:40 pm »

Wait, what? I liked that there was a second season for me to watch at some point once I finish the first one, but I hadn't known it was by deen of all things. What did they do.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27290 on: April 25, 2016, 02:13:15 pm »

@Iron Orphans

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I liked Konasuba.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27291 on: April 25, 2016, 02:14:46 pm »

Wait, what? I liked that there was a second season for me to watch at some point once I finish the first one, but I hadn't known it was by deen of all things. What did they do.

Deen QUALITY animation, increidbly annoying slow pacing, changes to the character designs ( admittedly ones that made them closer to the LN art but when combined with the QUALITY it didn't turn out so well and seemed less classy), angst overload, and the entirety of the Kanami story was squished into a single episode.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:18:36 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27292 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:01 pm »

Upon reading up on it, not all of that is DEEN's fault -- the second season still had the same writer and director.
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #27293 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »

I watched LH a while ago, but the main thing I remember is that there were a lot of really cool ideas and attention to detail, but things moved very slowly and a lot of time was spent on side characters that I didn't care about very much (I remember a bunch of time spent watching kids fight goblins). Also, the animation quality was pretty iffy and I feel like the show was heavily restricted by the fact that it was basically a kids show broadcast on NHK.

Given a bigger budget, a better animation studio, a different broadcaster and less focus on what amounts to PvE, it would probably be one of my top shows. As it was, I liked a lot of it but I was terribly bored for the rest. I might be overstating things slightly because I saw the second season more recently, though
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27294 on: April 25, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »

So, I finished Hellsing. Fuck.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27295 on: April 25, 2016, 03:53:22 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27296 on: April 25, 2016, 04:01:12 pm »

So, I finished Hellsing. Fuck.
That's not very specific.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27297 on: April 25, 2016, 06:51:51 pm »

Is Hellsing just edgy for the sake of edgy or is it actually good on top of being super metal?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27298 on: April 25, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »

I'd say its good, Ultimate at least. haven't watched the original.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27299 on: April 25, 2016, 07:03:19 pm »

It's fantastic. And crazy enough that the Abridged is only different rather than cracky.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 2193