Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1797 1798 [1799] 1800 1801 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061297 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26970 on: April 04, 2016, 06:17:30 am »

So in a fit of nostalgia I decided to netflix up the original Digimon show. And HOLY BALLS is it bad. Like, hilariously, stupidly bad. I have no idea why young me liked this as much as he did.

There WAS one really good episode though, 21 I think, where Tai and his mon get sent to the real world. Art style shifted, his little sister was most relatable character despite her voice actress giving the most pancake flat performance ever recorded, and actual decent fight scene near the end that wasn't just stock footage of each mons' single attack.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26971 on: April 04, 2016, 10:08:06 am »

Finally decided to get that Free Trial goin at Crunchy Roll, watched the first ep of Ace Attorney and Jojo. AA is like the most blatant fanservice show I've ever seen, playing it out like it does in the game almost 1:1 including poses, almost verbatim lines, timing, and sound effects. That's good though! That's very pertinent to me and probably most people that are watching it. I'm a fan, and I want to be serviced, please service me. If I wanted to recommend AA to a friend, I wouldn't point them at the show, or the movies, I'd point them at the games.

Jojo, keeping the good times going by sticking to the heavily stylized art style that it's known for. It's just hard to not love Jojo.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26972 on: April 04, 2016, 11:47:57 am »

Finally decided to get that Free Trial goin at Crunchy Roll
Lordy

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26973 on: April 04, 2016, 01:06:51 pm »

Endride is looking good so far. Promises of an epic and probably shippable bromance for those who feel like it, and overall it feels like a really nostalgic throwback to the adventure shows of the late 90s and early 2000s

EDIT: Holy shit reports are coming in that the new Director for Sailor Moon Crystal actually managed to force Toei to give the show budget and bring back some of the comedy fun stuff and liveliness of the original anime for the new season that started today.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:07:20 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26974 on: April 05, 2016, 03:46:47 pm »

The best plug for Kuroko's Basketball I've seen

If you’d told me six months ago that I would end up falling in love with anime thanks to one about Japanese high school basketball, I probably would have just stared in disbelief. “My friends might watch it, but I don’t like basketball or anime,” I would have said. “Not happening.”

That kind of sums up a lot of things.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:56:07 pm by Reelya »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26975 on: April 06, 2016, 01:53:14 am »

Space Patrol Luluco is amazing.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26976 on: April 07, 2016, 12:33:51 am »

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.

Started coming out on crunchyroll.

The first episode made it look like a rare and awesome subversion of the standard 'NEET goes to fantasyland, finds he's perfectly equipped to deal with it' shtick.
But the second episode kind of threw it out the window for me because it followed the tracks exactly. Which sucks.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26977 on: April 07, 2016, 12:38:20 am »

Ahh, Re:Zero. Guy has powers to go back into time when he fails on something. I didn't read much, but I found it to be shitty; though one has to wonder why it has a ton of manga adaptations
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #26978 on: April 07, 2016, 03:56:46 am »

I read some of Re:Zero and more or less liked it, but part of it might just be that I really like the Groundhog Day-esque premise. Mind, a solid premise isn't necessarily enough, but it hasn't thus far followed Standard Light Novel Procedure by taking a great premise and then ignoring it completely to make a boring power fantasy with an invincible main character with a harem and villains that either have no real motivation or are Rapey Guys.

The Anime so far seems okay, though I'm going to withhold judgement to some degree. The cute mascot character isn't as obnoxious as a lot of others, the animation is quite good at some parts but it has some really awful CG for crowd scenes. There's some decent attention to detail and I at least like the source material so hopefully this doesn't take a nosedive.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26979 on: April 07, 2016, 03:29:55 pm »

Finally got around to watching K-On!

So much cuteness is going around for me to handle. The first op and ed aren't half bad either. It's a good slice of life I'd reckon.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26980 on: April 07, 2016, 04:56:34 pm »

Finishing up Ajin. Like most series, the authorities in this are very stupid and could easily beat the monsters if they used all the actual weapons as law enforcement disposal. e.g. in episode 12

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:01:18 pm by Reelya »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26981 on: April 07, 2016, 06:28:20 pm »

I'm watching Inuyasha again. It's the first anime I ever saw, and the one that started my obsession, so it's high time I watch it again.

It's better than I remember, so far. That's not saying much, because I remember it being garbage just slightly above Bleach, but still. Watchable schlock is still watchable.

It's also the first anime I'm watching dubbed since.... the last time I watched Inuyasha actually. It really makes me think that Yu-Gi-Oh had the right idea Americanizing all of the names. The Japanese words and names that are left un-localized sound really awkward, coming from voices that aren't used to pronouncing them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:43:17 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26982 on: April 07, 2016, 07:17:06 pm »

Help I'm checking out the first episode of Joker Game but I can't get anywhere cause I keep going back to watch the opening again.

ITS SO FREAKING GOOD.

EDIT: AND SO IS THE SHOW. So far anyways.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:03:57 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26983 on: April 08, 2016, 09:06:21 pm »

Inuyasha really was the first Twilight, wasn't it? I've heard that comparison made before, but I'm finally seeing how apt it is.

At least it's decently gory and has a nice layer of action-adventure over the proceedings.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26984 on: April 08, 2016, 09:10:07 pm »

At least it's decently gory

what tooth-based c-section not gory enough for you
Pages: 1 ... 1797 1798 [1799] 1800 1801 ... 2193