Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1790 1791 [1792] 1793 1794 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3063108 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26865 on: March 29, 2016, 12:39:03 am »

Taking up Girls Und Panzer after finishing Katawa Shoujo (Haven't done all routes, just Liiy and failed spectacularly by getting Kenji) and I need a break from the feels.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26866 on: March 29, 2016, 03:29:31 am »

I finally started watching Madoka, after most people have given up trying to get me to watch it. Just finished the first episode.

Spoiler: Random thoughts (click to show/hide)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26867 on: March 29, 2016, 03:50:34 am »

Could Homura be any more of a generic villain?
Absolutely.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26868 on: March 29, 2016, 04:24:42 am »

I'm getting a very Bleach vibe from Madoka's plot. I'm hoping it's not like Bleach because I freaking hate that show.

For a reference point, it might be worth checking out at least the first couple of episodes of the original Sailor Moon, in case you've never seen that. Many of the elements of Madoka are in reference to that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:27:13 am by Reelya »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26869 on: March 29, 2016, 04:26:24 am »

Are there any ways to download Girls und Panzer for free? I'm poor and have a 1-hour bus ride morning and afternoon.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26870 on: March 29, 2016, 04:40:14 am »

Are there any ways to download Girls und Panzer for free? I'm poor and have a 1-hour bus ride morning and afternoon.
Streaming is pretty much your only option unless you want to go the piracy route AFAIK.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26871 on: March 29, 2016, 05:37:02 am »

I finally started watching Madoka, after most people have given up trying to get me to watch it. Just finished the first episode.

Spoiler: Random thoughts (click to show/hide)
Watch to about episode 3-4, that's generally when people decide if they like the show or not.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26872 on: March 29, 2016, 08:04:17 am »

Oh good Lord, Girls und Panzer is hilarious!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #26873 on: March 29, 2016, 10:41:10 am »

Streaming is pretty much your only option unless you want to go the piracy route AFAIK.
You could always like, open it up on Crunchyroll and just watch all the ads for each episode, then download it once from a less... legitimate site and delete it after a single watch. :P

Watch to about episode 3-4, that's generally when people decide if they like the show or not.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26874 on: March 29, 2016, 11:19:16 am »

Caught up and finished S1 of Iron Blooded Orphans yesterday. Am impressed with McGillis. He's looking to possibly turn out as the Char-iest Char to have Chared since Char!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26875 on: March 29, 2016, 11:29:44 am »

Well, disregard my last. It's 3:23 in the morning here and I've just finished Girls und Panzer. Beutiful, sheer beauty.

Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)

Really wishing for a second season, but then again I haven't looked fo for all I know there could be a second season.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26876 on: March 29, 2016, 11:45:04 am »

theres no season 2. There are a bunch of OVA and a sequel film though.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26877 on: March 29, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »

Sent you a pm, Insanegame27, about what GuP stuff there is and where to look for it. Technically all the extras add up to 12 episodes worth of stuff, but only about half of it counts as new story material:

Bonus material: 6 x 10 minute mini-stories, a 40 minute episode for the missing Anzio battle, and 6 x 10 minute eps of "Yukari's Tank Corner": a narrated historical account of the team's tanks. Plus another 4 x 10 minutes of picture dramas, but nobody has ever translated these. "Bonus" episodes 5.5 and 10.5 were aired because of production delays, but they're just narrated recaps and character introductions, using spliced footage from the previous episodes.

If you want more story, maybe try out some of the different spin-off mangas. They add up to 18 volumes worth.

Additionally, the GuP movie played in cinemas just before Christmas, but there's no news of a DVD release at this moment.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:57:05 pm by Reelya »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26878 on: March 29, 2016, 12:55:31 pm »

...Wow, I like Gate. I'm waiting on a confirmation for a third season because they're really good at cliffhangers.

All the monster girls and explosions, man. I have some issues with sexism, but that's what you get in a dark-ages themed thing. The Japanese have a pretty dark view on the European Medieval ages.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26879 on: March 29, 2016, 01:25:42 pm »

I don't think season 2 had a cliffhanger compared to season 1. It's meant to go either way now, sequel or no sequel, and deliberately had some "happily ever after" themes at the end and a "full circle" theme, too.

One thing that annoys me is why JSDF so OP, and there's powerful magic in this new world, yet that magic is only ever enlisted on the JSDF side. That's basically the author trying to have his cake and eat it at the same time. The baddies are 1-dimensional pure evil to justify their routine slaughter, yet they are just as dumbfounded by the appearance of magic (which is native to their world) as they are by high tech. So they need to be both pure frothing evil dictators, yet somehow not able to utilize the local magic tech whatsoever in their continent-shaking wars that have occurred. That makes no sense at all: many wizards should have flocked to protect their own countries in times of war over the centuries when they were threatened. Another thing is that there's a pretty robust gender divide here. Almost all the baddies are men, and the JSDF allies are women. The only exception is that one evil woman-behind-the-throne person, but she's much like a Disney Evil Queen/Wicked Witch type of character.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:50:00 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1790 1791 [1792] 1793 1794 ... 2193