Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3066213 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26640 on: February 28, 2016, 01:06:12 am »

I just saw the character designs for Ai Tenchi Muyo...  I feel as though something important to me has just been violated in a hideous and irreconcilable way.  I hope that the individuals responsible suffer horrifically for their transgressions.
Quote from: Wikipedia Plot Synopsis
In this story, the world is in chaos, thanks to Washu. Now in order to save it, Tenchi Masaki must go undercover as a student teacher at an all-girls school. Unfortunately for him, trouble always comes his way as he has a hard time to deal with the hijinks of his new students.
Pffffffft, that's amazing. I know somebody who really likes (original) Tenchi Muyo, you see, and I believe I've just found a way to make them literally incandescent with rage.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26641 on: February 28, 2016, 01:59:39 am »

Strange, I noticed some cases of harem-y-ness in Index, but not to the point where that's all that there was to it. Honestly for me the point of view was more focused on the standard shonen "hold still and let the main character punch you, you superpowered individual" than any sort of harem fanservice antics. It's definitely not solid gold story material, but it's certainly not ecchi harem BS, or even harem-focused BS from my point of view.
I meant harem in the case that the main character is a Mary Sue, every female character of note has a crush on him, and they inflict physical violence on him whenever they feel slighted by him in some way.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #26642 on: February 28, 2016, 08:53:26 am »

Season 5 of Symphogear has been confirmed :D

For those keeping track, yes, Symphogear GX was only season 3.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26643 on: February 28, 2016, 08:58:50 am »

How come the common cold is the most deadly disease in existence in anime?

Corselet

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Knight of Faith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26644 on: February 28, 2016, 11:30:55 am »

Upper respiratory tract infections are no joke. Really. Best to nip that stuff in the bud.

I've been watching Gargantia - On the Verdurous Planet lately. It's a show about a young mecha pilot who gets stranded on a planet where everybody lives on boats and has a relaxed lifestyle--like if the Gundam SEED lead guy crashlanded and got stuck on Fiji with no way to get back home. It's a basic fish-out-of-water story with some twists and drama, and the art is really nice. 13 episodes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26645 on: February 28, 2016, 02:47:02 pm »

Gargantia - On the Verdurous Planet ... 13 episodes.

Add two bonus episodes. Then add another two bonus episodes of which the last will be out in April, and there will be 17 episodes in total. Which sounds like "cool, extra episodes" until you find out there was supposed to be a season two, but it got cancelled.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:49:34 pm by Reelya »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26646 on: February 28, 2016, 04:21:40 pm »

Well that was an unexpected gut punch from Orphans. I mean, someone was bound to die sooner or later, but not him damn it, he was one of the safest dudes in the show :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26647 on: February 28, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »

Season 5 of Symphogear has been confirmed :D

For those keeping track, yes, Symphogear GX was only season 3.

This one and Love Live! both make a ton of money off the music singles, on top of strong DVD sales, plus both series have live concerts (symphogear limited edition BD disks even included free concert tickets). Music-based series can be serious money-machines. I'm thinking Symphogear is going for a split-cour setup rather than just doing a two-cour show because they can spread it out and have the concerts and song releases in between to maintain a level of hype.

Similar for the Love Live reboot in April (with a new cast since the first group retired) which already has the first single / music video released.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:03:49 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26648 on: February 28, 2016, 06:21:44 pm »

Speaking of announcements, we're getting S3 of Shokugeki no Soma in... summer? winter? One of these. I can't associate northern hemisphere seasons.

How come the common cold is the most deadly disease in existence in anime?
Oh, it's ridiculous. "You were in the rain for a couple of minutes? BETTER SPEND THE NEXT THREE WEEKS IN BED TO RECOVER"
It's like the Korean murderfan thing, but with being slightly chilly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26649 on: February 28, 2016, 06:30:03 pm »

Shokugeki no Soma 2 is in the northern summer, that means the start of July.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #26650 on: February 28, 2016, 07:04:20 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions guys, really enjoying Magi, got through labyrinth last night, on kingdom now. BIT impatient with the current story arc ("hey magicnazi guy seems like he really cares for people maybe he isn't so ba...oh wait he went on a genocidal rant again. But maybe THIS TIME I think the same thing oops he kicked a muggle kid down the stairs. When was I planning to do something about this again?") but it's been very awesome overall.
Also GLORIOUS GENIETITS.

I'll consider the other suggestions you guys made with the exceptions of:
FLCL- oh god I tried to watch this before and it made zero sense. And not in a good way. In a "the writers were literally on crack" way. I guess that's the point, and glad they got that off their chests, since they went on to make TTGL, but I like my stories to actually make sense.

Trigun- already watched all of this and wasn't super impressed. I mean, its a cool idea, but after awhile the protag's pacifism just started to fall REALLY flat. I'm 100% sure that what happened after the end was all the people he cared about were brutally murdered in front of him and I can't feel sorry for him in the least, because its his own damn fault.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26651 on: February 28, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »

FLCL makes more sense when you know that... well actually it doesn't but it becomes more understandable in concept. Basically according to legend Gainax's production staff made it as a stress relief after finishing Evangelion.
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26652 on: February 28, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »

Trigun- already watched all of this and wasn't super impressed. I mean, its a cool idea, but after awhile the protag's pacifism just started to fall REALLY flat. I'm 100% sure that what happened after the end was all the people he cared about were brutally murdered in front of him and I can't feel sorry for him in the least, because its his own damn fault.
I don't know if this would make it better or worse, but what I heard is that anime Trigun was pacifist Vash in not-pacifism-land, while manga Trigun was pacifist Vash in Rapeworld. The result was even more contrast, though I dunno what, if anything, that did for his friends being in Rapeworld.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #26653 on: February 28, 2016, 07:54:01 pm »

FLCL makes more sense when you know that... well actually it doesn't but it becomes more understandable in concept. Basically according to legend Gainax's production staff made it as a stress relief after finishing Evangelion.
-snop-

I suppose it's about time to find something featuring giant mecha, too. Big O, maybe?
Big O is amazing, as is it's manga.  Since you were talking about it, FLCL has its fair share of mecha robos in it too(I got it on Blu-ray and it's amazing)

Fuck Griffith.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26654 on: February 28, 2016, 08:21:02 pm »

Grimgar ep 8 was good. It felt really short. Surprisingly it did manage to evoke some emotions from me, albeit slightly. AFAIK it's the end of volume 1. It would benefit from a second season

And Shokugeki no Soma 2 in Summer. So much yes.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod
Pages: 1 ... 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 ... 2193