Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1764 1765 [1766] 1767 1768 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067483 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26475 on: February 21, 2016, 04:42:55 am »

Can we drop the whole streaming-peasants thing now? It's getting kind of old. Everyone has their preference and it's totally irrelevant whether one option is "better" than the other, or whatever. The only real difference is just personal preference. Some prefer downloads. Some prefer streams. Who the hell cares.

If you are dead-set on proving to everyone that it's objectively superior to download things rather than stream them, please take the topic to its own thread. I kinda want to read about dem animus and not this drawn-out nonsense.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26476 on: February 21, 2016, 05:39:08 am »

Yup, Fate Stay/Night is the original series. Fate/Zero is a much more recent spin-off / prequel. The "Zero" in things like that is usually a give-away for a prequel, since most series starts counting at "1".
He was contrasting "original anime" to "Unlimited Blade Works". They are both adaptations of Fate/Stay Night, which is a VN and not a series at all.

Yes, Fate/Stay night was a game. I just used the term "series" loosely as in franchise or source material. Series doesn't have to mean a show or anything, could be a manga series or a series of games, etc. I was loosely referring to the entire Fate franchise.

But no, he was not contrasting the old anime to UBW (he had not mentioned UBW by name at the point that I made my comment, I'm not psychic), he just said "Fate/Stay Night" vs "Fate Zero", which is very ambiguous since there is in fact the old anime just called "Fate/Stay Night", and it is commonly held to be very inferior to Fate Zero. So it was in no way obvious without hindsight that he was claiming Zero is better than UBW.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:50:40 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26477 on: February 21, 2016, 09:29:57 am »

Was gonna post a streaming thing but now I won't.

So is UBW a re-release or a between-quel?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26478 on: February 21, 2016, 11:15:38 am »

It's effectively a new release because it follows a different FS/N route than the first FS/N anime adaption did, IIRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26479 on: February 21, 2016, 01:35:55 pm »

The game FSN originally had 3 routes.  The original (bad) anime had a weird mixup of all three with added vampires, the new adaptation did Unlimited Blade Works (the middle route) and will do Heaven's Feel (the last one) as a set of movies.

Fate/Zero was a prequel novel written afterwards.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26480 on: February 21, 2016, 02:00:16 pm »

I find it weird when anime has 1 episode voice actor changes

It is surprisingly not as uncommon as I thought. O_o

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26481 on: February 21, 2016, 02:00:39 pm »

Oh, yeah, thanks. I never got through the first anime, so I'd sort of forgotten how weirdly structured it was.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26482 on: February 21, 2016, 02:40:12 pm »

It was a game?
That's pretty cool. I'd tabletop that crap tbh.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26483 on: February 21, 2016, 02:48:26 pm »

Well, a VN. Whether that counts as a game or a CYOA book is largely a matter of opinion.

3. Run Resize Enable

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26484 on: February 21, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »

Yes, Fate/Stay night was a game. I just used the term "series" loosely as in franchise or source material. Series doesn't have to mean a show or anything, could be a manga series or a series of games, etc.
That's a very imprecise manner of phrasing, since you were referring to a single game in the series (ie, not Fate/Zero) and we were talking about the animes anyway.

But no, he was not contrasting the old anime to UBW (he had not mentioned UBW by name at the point that I made my comment, I'm not psychic)
But... he did. It's even in the part you quoted.[/quote]

Well, a VN. Whether that counts as a game or a CYOA book is largely a matter of opinion.
It's definitely the latter. Whether it's also a game is, I suppose, a matter of opinion, but it's a semantic point with little evidence behind it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26485 on: February 21, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »

Yes, Fate/Stay night was a game. I just used the term "series" loosely as in franchise or source material. Series doesn't have to mean a show or anything, could be a manga series or a series of games, etc.
That's a very imprecise manner of phrasing, since you were referring to a single game in the series (ie, not Fate/Zero) and we were talking about the animes anyway.

But no, he was not contrasting the old anime to UBW (he had not mentioned UBW by name at the point that I made my comment, I'm not psychic)
But... he did. It's even in the part you quoted.

It's definitely the latter. Whether it's also a game is, I suppose, a matter of opinion, but it's a semantic point with little evidence behind it.

Astonishing. You managed to be both incredibly pedantic and incredibly dismissive of pedantry in the same three-line post.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:02:56 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26486 on: February 21, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »

Yeah the concept stuff of the Nasuverse makes it really well suited to making a game adaption. From what I've heard Nasu's actually a pretty fun guy to play tabletop with IRL.

*grumbles angrily about how horribly the Red Dragon anime mangled the source material*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26487 on: February 21, 2016, 07:29:54 pm »

Until and unless TPP passes, there isn't any legal issue outside of Japan for series without official releases (ie almost all of them).
I think you're wrong on that, but besides, everything on CR, by definition, is such a release.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26488 on: February 21, 2016, 08:08:14 pm »

But... he did. It's even in the part you quoted.

Well Andres quote was also in the quote tree. We were both responding to that. Here's a reprint for reference:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why should I need to explain this to you? Let me decode that for you:

"Yup" = "yes" or "I agree" - means I generally agree with the preceding quoted statement.

"Fate Stay/Night is the original series" - merely pointing out (in agreement with iam2roy's statement) that the anime who's full title is Fate Stay/Night, was in fact the first anime series that was created. Nobody was even talking about the game at any point here, so whether "series" is appropriate for the game isn't even a point of discussion.

So, pretty much everything I wrote was just agreeing with iam2roy, and pointing out that the Fate/Stay Night anime came out first, even though Fate/Zero is first chronologically. I can't even work out what you are arguing about anymore, because it has almost no connection to anything I actually wrote.

Cool trick: talking about anime and not picking fights over language.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:49:43 pm by Reelya »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26489 on: February 21, 2016, 08:47:26 pm »

I went though and watched the young black jack anime. It's good. Sorta makes me want a original black jack anime, although maybe it wouldn't work as well.
Pages: 1 ... 1764 1765 [1766] 1767 1768 ... 2193