Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1760 1761 [1762] 1763 1764 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067736 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26415 on: February 18, 2016, 06:02:41 am »

I need to remember for the future the "Makes everyone miserable" genre of anime isn't for me.

Watched a Sumo anime and I am kind of waiting for the main character to stop being a monster to everyone because "charming". I am starting to think this was a weekly joke manga strip that someone frakenstiened into an anime (Abarenbou Kishi!! Matsutari)

Ohh well, Subarashii is up next in the Reelya suggestion Docket (I am trying to hold off on the dark ones... and the time traveling mystery one. I am also leaving Slice of Life alone)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26416 on: February 18, 2016, 06:07:16 am »

I actually really loved Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro, if only because I have a relative who behaves exactly like him, so I understand the mindset the character is built on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26417 on: February 18, 2016, 06:10:48 am »

I actually really loved Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro, if only because I have a relative who behaves exactly like him, so I understand the mindset the character is built on.

It is more like a pet peeve of mine that I just can't enjoy someone who just so wantonly makes everyone around them miserable. Haruhi is a good example of a well known anime I can't stand because of it.

I guess I could skip it if you could answer me if he ever stops and sort of pulls up his pants.

I will give this anime ONE thing in its favor for me. At least he isn't doing flagrant sexual harassment. Even Haruhi couldn't get through the week without stripping underage girls against their will.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:34:11 am by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26418 on: February 18, 2016, 06:45:55 am »

I will say that him and atleast one other character experiences growth, much like in Ashita no Joe, another story of a naturally talented asshole who becomes humbled. I will also say that while the story ends on a climax, the anime is unfinished and I presume you'd need to follow the manga to continue it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26419 on: February 18, 2016, 06:58:29 am »

I will say that him and atleast one other character experiences growth, much like in Ashita no Joe, another story of a naturally talented asshole who becomes humbled. I will also say that while the story ends on a climax, the anime is unfinished and I presume you'd need to follow the manga to continue it.

Ohhh noo... Damn it anime... damn it!  :'(

At first I will say I thought he was someone who only gave people respect if they showed it to him, yet that isn't true. He seems to only show respect to people who bend over backwards and treat him.

As well at first I thought he wasn't aware he hurt the people around him, but it seems more that he is willfully blind and prefers not to think about it unless the situation forces his hand (he likes to push situations to their breaking point, not realizing how bad it can be).

As in... He is a real Jerk. Which I am ok with because I thought this was supposed to be a journey. Heck it is refreshing that, at first later on it falls into the "but he is so lovable", they don't even make an excuse for him.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #26420 on: February 18, 2016, 01:12:17 pm »

Anime I have watched recently:

Seven Deadly Sins- Pretty good, reminds me of Fairy Tail.

Gate- Damn good, waiting with bated breath for Crunchyroll to stop timelocking the latest episode.

One Punch Man- BFEL is now a fan.

Much good animu recently.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26421 on: February 18, 2016, 01:17:21 pm »

Just popping in to say that it's been announced that Super Robot Wars: Original Generations: The Moon Dwellers will have an english release on the PS4 for Southeast Asian countries. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come in future releases so that the western fanbase can get the mainline crossover entries without having to worry about general liscensing issues and Harmony Gold dickery.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26422 on: February 18, 2016, 01:26:07 pm »

Gate- Damn good, waiting with bated breath for Crunchyroll to stop timelocking the latest episode.
Why do people use Crunchyroll?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26423 on: February 18, 2016, 02:38:27 pm »

For the same reason that they praise pro-JSDF ultranationalist propaganda, one would assume. (No, not because it has boobs.)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26424 on: February 18, 2016, 03:14:04 pm »

For the same reason that they praise pro-JSDF ultranationalist propaganda, one would assume. (No, not because it has boobs.)

I don't understand - Crunchyroll is objectively bad because streaming = bad. GATE on the other hand is great anime. Your analogy doesn't hold water.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26425 on: February 18, 2016, 03:17:54 pm »

So how does streaming make something bad now, or are we jsut maknig terrible analogies all around? Your post makes no sense.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:19:40 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26426 on: February 18, 2016, 03:33:29 pm »

It offers a useful, legal service for the cost of watching a few ads. If it has the thing I want to watch, I don't see why I wouldn't want to use it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26427 on: February 18, 2016, 03:53:17 pm »

Crunchyroll has actually been really great for the industry, and for subbers. If you watch a fansub these days, the odds are that it's based on Crunchyroll. Which has a raft of flow-on benefits: did your favorite old show finally get subbed? Well that was probably possible because the subbers are no longer struggling to sub all the new stuff.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #26428 on: February 18, 2016, 03:54:53 pm »

In this case because Hulu was 4 episodes behind.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26429 on: February 18, 2016, 04:33:11 pm »

I actually like Crunchyroll. Mostly because it streams nicely on my crappy internet. Admittedly Animelab is better but I don't like their UI.

I also prefer streaming to downloading things because my hard drive is perpetually full and I can't be arsed making room for a bajillion of gigabytes of animus that I'll probably only watch once then forget about.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 1760 1761 [1762] 1763 1764 ... 2193