Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1750 1751 [1752] 1753 1754 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3067804 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26265 on: February 10, 2016, 12:50:05 am »

This excludes Tales From Earthsea.
I actually kinda liked that one

EDIT: "ACTIVE" apparently stands for "Armored Combined Tactical Intelligence Vanguard Element" in one of the most labored acronyms in recent memory.
Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ending Eavesdropping, Dragnet-collection and Online Monitoring Act
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26266 on: February 10, 2016, 12:55:19 am »

This excludes Tales From Earthsea.
I actually kinda liked that one

EDIT: "ACTIVE" apparently stands for "Armored Combined Tactical Intelligence Vanguard Element" in one of the most labored acronyms in recent memory.
Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ending Eavesdropping, Dragnet-collection and Online Monitoring Act
Ah.  To be fair, though, that was just following in the footsteps laid down by the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001, in more than one sense.  Of course, I'm not inclined to be too fair about either, so you still win. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26267 on: February 10, 2016, 03:17:02 am »

Ok... I should just stop trying to watch Uta No Prince Sama... even if I kind of guiltily like it (Mostly because even though it is like 80% trite it is like 20% good, and I am a sucker for musicals)

Because it drives me CRAZY every time I see the main character and her obvious Cataracts ridden eyes.

Who honestly thought clouding over the pupil is a good artistic choice?

Also why is Promise to Sirius impossible to find?

---

Goodness I'll just watch Kindaichi again while I am waiting for my shows to refresh. Maybe the new series and start the death counter fresh.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:28:15 am by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26268 on: February 10, 2016, 03:28:13 am »

Huh, I just looked that up and... you're right, it does look weird. Nowhere near unwatchable weird, but vov
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26269 on: February 10, 2016, 03:29:01 am »

Huh, I just looked that up and... you're right, it does look weird. Nowhere near unwatchable weird, but vov

Given I lasted to the third season... Yeah it doesn't stop me from watching but goodness... Been three seasons and I still can't let it down. It hasn't naturalized to me.

Also thanks, I was going crazy because NO ONE would acknowledge it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26270 on: February 10, 2016, 03:30:15 am »

Maybe you could justify it by saying she actually is blind but has exceptionally good echolocation skills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26271 on: February 10, 2016, 03:33:45 am »

Maybe you could justify it by saying she actually is blind but has exceptionally good echolocation skills.

Man I wish you did that joke intentionally. Since given the nature of the anime... having her LITERALLY see through the power of song is a pretty funny explanation and metaphor.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26272 on: February 10, 2016, 04:35:54 am »

I just watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. I hear people didn't like the finale but I did :p I hope one day too

Spoiler: finale spoilers (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26273 on: February 10, 2016, 05:47:25 pm »

The last two episodes were a visual representation of a meta-level emotional breakdown. End of Eva is the actual ending to the original series as far as I'm concerned. Hospital scene and all.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26274 on: February 10, 2016, 06:02:12 pm »

That reminds me, Tokyo Ghoul totally pulled an "Evangelion ending" in season 1. There's a huge fight going on, tensions are racking up, then suddenly the entire story is derailed for a whole episode of "inside the hero's head" shit, and you're left wondering wtf happened. The guy in TG is the closest I've ever seen to Shinji in another show, on top of that: constantly whining "don't look at me, I'm a monster! why me?"

It was pretty blatantly obvious they merely ran out of production time, because the very first episode of season two has the big boss fight that should have ended season 1, and ends with the hero literally walking into the sunset with a teaser for the next story arc. Well either they ran out of time or they decided to be massive assholes and troll the entire audience with waiting 6 months to see the outcome of a battle.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:14:21 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26275 on: February 10, 2016, 06:11:36 pm »

It's a shame they never made a season two for Tokyo Ghoul. I liked that show.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26276 on: February 10, 2016, 06:15:09 pm »

What do you mean? They had two seasons already. The most recent was the start of 2015, so it's not like they've abandoned it or anything. A 1-year gap doesn't mean a series is dead.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:17:38 pm by Reelya »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #26277 on: February 10, 2016, 06:16:57 pm »

The second season isn't nearly as good as the first. And randomly decides to not follow the manga when the previous season did. The joke, I think, is that it was bad to the point it should not be acknowledged.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26278 on: February 10, 2016, 06:18:33 pm »

Season two was worse, but personally I didn't really like any of it. The MC is way too whiny: he resembles Shinji in more ways that one.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:20:11 pm by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26279 on: February 10, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »

The MC is pretty atrocious. Admittedly I liked S1 mostly for the premise, which Kiseijuu did better anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 1750 1751 [1752] 1753 1754 ... 2193