Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1745 1746 [1747] 1748 1749 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061121 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #26190 on: February 01, 2016, 01:32:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26191 on: February 01, 2016, 02:52:06 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26193 on: February 01, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »

I dunno how accurate this is, but I can't stop laughing

Some of them I understand

Others are confusing... like Princess Tutu (and I watched and LOVE princess Tutu)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26194 on: February 01, 2016, 11:13:05 pm »

Princess Tutu is apparently supposed to convey "expected cutesy magical girls, got badass musical duels," going by the description.  I never really thought if it that way, but I suppose it could be a fair description of both of the climactic ballet pieces in the two chapters. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:14:44 pm by Culise »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #26195 on: February 01, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

Hehe.

Bakemonogatari.doc is pretty accurate, at least.

Which reminds me, has there been any news about the second Kizu movie?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26196 on: February 01, 2016, 11:29:03 pm »

Some of them I understand

Others are confusing... like Princess Tutu (and I watched and LOVE princess Tutu)

I think the joke is that it's surprisingly metal. At least that's what I vaguely remember from the long winded description someone gave the last time I saw a WEG about it.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26197 on: February 01, 2016, 11:30:34 pm »

PMMM is accurate but trite.
Berserk understates the case.
Princess Tutu is a dumb one.
Shingeki no Bahamut only really applies to the first few episodes. Most episodes after that aim more for big epic battle scenes than for duels.
Symphogear is a metaphor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26198 on: February 02, 2016, 12:00:03 am »

Symphogear if I am looking at it directly... is that he expected it to be a train wreck... but what it actually was, was a GLORIOUS trainwreck!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26199 on: February 02, 2016, 12:06:54 am »

Almost but not quite. The joke is that it looks like it's going to be a trainwreck, but just as you think its about to fall off the rails, it instead jumps off the rails, lands itself on a completely different set of rails, and starts EPICLY MULTITRACK DRIFTING WHILE SCREAMING HOT BLOODEDLY AS J POP PLAYS BEHIND IT.

Huh. Apparently something weird is going on in the PSO2 anime right now? The reviews here turned me off from watching it but some of the new spoilers I saw on its tvtropes page now is making me interested again.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:17:06 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26200 on: February 02, 2016, 12:19:59 am »

idk, PSO2 is one I'll wait and see if people say there was anything worth seeing there.

For Musaigen no Phantom World though, I dropped that and I've noticed the average rating has tanked a lot since it first aired, from around an 8.0x to 7.1. So, that looks like one that was initially promising in episode 1 but quickly get stuck in a rut.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26201 on: February 02, 2016, 01:30:54 am »

Also for people complaining about the Fairytale comparison

I should state that ONLY the title is really part of the comparison. Yes Fairy tail is really 'My little wizard: Friendship is magic'.

Though frankly... the show it at its best when it is doing the whole friendship is magic bit... It is when it does "Hey, aren't boobs great?" and "Time wasters 2000" that it delves into dreadful.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26202 on: February 02, 2016, 06:52:39 am »

I complain about the Attack on Titan comparison...
Maybe it's a case of too popular to be good?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26203 on: February 02, 2016, 07:35:57 am »

Yeah, AoT getting seriously shitted on in the comments section. I liked it alot, though I'm patiently waiting for the second season instead of just reading ahead in the manga.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26204 on: February 02, 2016, 07:51:17 am »

I didn't really care for Attack on Titan that much. I didn't like the art style, and none of the characters jumped out at me either. There's the angry main character guy, the coward guy, the stoic loner guy, the stoic loner guy but with boobs, etc. The mystery was interesting, but not enough to hold my interest. Also it does that annoying thing where the action scenes are cut with a lot of standing around and exposition while all the fighting happens somewhere that the animators weren't paid to draw. Seriously, this happens in every single action anime I can think of and it annoys me to no end.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 1745 1746 [1747] 1748 1749 ... 2193