Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3058522 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25635 on: December 21, 2015, 08:28:27 am »

I'm... getting a little hyped even though I've already read it. Hrm.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25636 on: December 21, 2015, 11:39:02 am »

I hope they use the translation of it that was done by that Chinese dude that did it through Japanese > Chinese > English so literally everything spoken sounds retarded and meatheaded.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25637 on: December 21, 2015, 01:02:38 pm »

Watching Aim for the Ace

Damn are women sparkly, they even sweat diamonds.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:21:14 pm by Neonivek »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25638 on: December 21, 2015, 03:54:59 pm »

I hope they use the translation of it that was done by that Chinese dude that did it through Japanese > Chinese > English so literally everything spoken sounds retarded and meatheaded.
Duwang translated it as a project for their English class.  They failed that class.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25640 on: December 21, 2015, 07:31:50 pm »

I'm certainly glad that they're covering new ground instead of retreading the Golden Age.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25641 on: December 21, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »

Yeah, they overdid it a bit with the Golden Age Arc. It is a good arc and one of the best in terms of introducing characters to the story. In fact I dare say that that's all it was used for. Setting down the plot. Wouldn't be a terrible idea to finally move on to the main gist of things in the manga after an anime and several movies of the Golden Age Arc.

Needless to say, 2016 is an year of sequels.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25642 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:10 pm »

DANG it Aim for the Ace

It has what I can only describe as a Catdog

It looks perfectly like a cat and a dog and even sounds like one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And you might be looking at those whiskers and go "So totally a cat" but in the anime it has a dog tail. (that and that is a later version... but I can't find more images >_<)

Manga though... no confusion.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:19:23 pm by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25643 on: December 21, 2015, 10:35:26 pm »

Started up Hikaru No Go, and it kinda fills that niche of watching people play a foreign game I don't understand, not unlike my experiences watching Akagi or Saki.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25644 on: December 21, 2015, 10:58:00 pm »

All I really remember about Saki is the ludicrously short skirts. Admittedly I only watched a handful of episodes, but those skirts were basically just really wide belts.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25645 on: December 21, 2015, 11:45:57 pm »

To sum it up, it was magic Mahjong with a thick veneer of fan service and tacos.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25646 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:27 am »

To sum it up, it was magic Mahjong with a thick veneer of fan service and tacos.

I wonder how much money I would earn inventing a device that would filter out distracting fan service.

----

WOW one of the few times I outright agreed with the villain on this one.

So a player was hit with a soccer ball and SOMEHOW immediately started bleeding through her shirt so the coach ran up to her and ripped off her sleeve to treat the wound.

The girl understandably slapped him. It is one of those situations where both sides aren't really wrong or right. Since sure he didn't ask, but then again she started bleeding profusely from a soccer ball so the tension was high.

Following so far?

Ok so the next day the villain tries to get the coach fired in various ways in a student council meeting. It doesn't work... So she was like "What about that girl and what the coach did to him?" (just as a note she didn't show up that day, they think she is at home from shock)

And then the stupid stupid student council head steps up and is like "As the coach of the men's team I think the treatment was justified" and the villain goes "You can't understand what something like that feels like to a woman" and then they start treating her like she is being ridiculous and she informs them that the entire team (well 2nd year and up) will quit if the victim doesn't show up to school tomorrow and the coach doesn't take responsibility... leading to the guys treating her even more incredulously.

I am sitting there just going "You idiots! You just made them completely justified with your misogyny. The fact that you clearly control the student council and can essentially veto their decisions doesn't help" They FORCED the situation... Yeah now the girls team HAS to do this because otherwise the men on student council will veto them for being women.

I have so rarely EVER seen a villain turn what is supposed to be their villainous power play... into a completely justified one.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:48:01 am by Neonivek »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25647 on: December 22, 2015, 09:21:34 am »

Anybody here like AMVs? I was debating about posting this in "Things you drew/shopped/made" in Creative Projects, but that seems like it's a place for people who actually create art. I just put some clips over music :P

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQyM_MlNlOg
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25648 on: December 22, 2015, 11:15:31 am »

I wonder how much money I would earn inventing a device that would filter out distracting fan service.

The only mistake that show made was not getting the Taco Bell sponsorship under it's belt. Tacos are literally either shown or mentioned every single episode, so getting that Code Geass-esque ad placement would've been killer.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25649 on: December 22, 2015, 02:24:48 pm »

Taco Bell doesn't really exist outside the USA. They want it to exist, but that's not the same as really existing. Taco Bell is a global chain in the same sense that Dismaland was a theme park. Official List of Taco Bell locations worldwide. #1 is ~6000 locations in the USA, #2 is 29 locations in Canada. Then, it drops to single digits for another 5 countries, and no locations anywhere else. They've tried to be in many more locations, but it just doesn't work, people outside the USA just don't want Taco Bell at all. It was in Japan before but it went broke there. They're trying a new location in Tokyo this year, but there weren't any Taco Bells in Japan when Saki was made.

Also, Code Geass was an anime original so they could get away with anything they wanted. Saki is an existing IP, so they'd get a fan backlash in addition to the normal intrusive-advertising backlash.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:17:20 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 2193