Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1695 1696 [1697] 1698 1699 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3057643 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25440 on: November 25, 2015, 01:53:24 pm »

Huh apparently the Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop LN serial finally finished. I both dread and look forward to the inevitable adaptation/spinoff of it, if only to see the insanity with my own eyes.

For those who don't know, it's a sequel to Wing written by its director with the intend of jumpstarting some Wing sequel expanded universe thing with the goal of leading up to a new animated production in the AC timeline. The thing is however... it seems that the director broke into Hideo Kojima's vault of extra crazyness and chugged it all down in one gulp before writing it.

Drugs. He broke into Kojima's vault of drugs and went on a titanic trip. There is no way that that was developed by a sober mind.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25441 on: November 25, 2015, 01:54:27 pm »

Apparently Berserk has finally gotten off the boat!
Is that like falling off the wagon?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25442 on: November 25, 2015, 01:57:52 pm »

No, they spend... god, I don't even know how many chapters just sailing around on a ship. I don't remember why they did it in the first place, and I don't remember most of what happened apart from the mermaids and giant tentacle(?) monster that decided to play Bible reinactor since I stopped watching for new chapters months and/or years ago.

3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25443 on: November 25, 2015, 02:10:01 pm »

At first I thought this was about the manga... but its nowhere near any boats as far as I recall.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25444 on: November 25, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

At first I thought this was about the manga... but its nowhere near any boats as far as I recall.
...Dude. They've been on that fucking boat for seven years in real life. The party got on the boat in chapter 286 on December 5th, 2007. They got off in chapter 342 yesterday, on November 24th 2015.

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25445 on: November 25, 2015, 02:27:01 pm »

thats eight years.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25446 on: November 25, 2015, 02:31:56 pm »

Seven years and ~11.75 months ain't eight years. You don't get to round up for ages unless you're counting your own birthdays and are still in the single digits.  :P

That and eight years sounds even fucking worse for the pace.

3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25447 on: November 25, 2015, 04:11:51 pm »

Oh, it ain't translated or something...  So not within my radar.
I actually thought you were talking about One Piece since it was also mentioned...  (I don't read One Piece and it seemed plausible for em to name a character Berserk...)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25448 on: November 25, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

Huh apparently the Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop LN serial finally finished. I both dread and look forward to the inevitable adaptation/spinoff of it, if only to see the insanity with my own eyes.

For those who don't know, it's a sequel to Wing written by its director with the intend of jumpstarting some Wing sequel expanded universe thing with the goal of leading up to a new animated production in the AC timeline. The thing is however... it seems that the director broke into Hideo Kojima's vault of extra crazyness and chugged it all down in one gulp before writing it.

Drugs. He broke into Kojima's vault of drugs and went on a titanic trip. There is no way that that was developed by a sober mind.
Holy shit, no kidding. Just what kind of "expanded universe" was he envisioning this leading into?

No, they spend... god, I don't even know how many chapters just sailing around on a ship. I don't remember why they did it in the first place, and I don't remember most of what happened apart from the mermaids and giant tentacle(?) monster that decided to play Bible reinactor since I stopped watching for new chapters months and/or years ago.
I never even got to the brutal dismemberment tentacle rape things that happened, I must have been out of the loop forever. I think... I don't quite remember why they got on either, but I swear I almost do. I remember they got it from whatsherface's ex-fiance!

Oh, it ain't translated or something...  So not within my radar.
I actually thought you were talking about One Piece since it was also mentioned...  (I don't read One Piece and it seemed plausible for em to name a character Berserk...)
Eh? The manga's translated. So is the anime, but it's a heavily abridged version of the earlier parts.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25449 on: November 25, 2015, 11:41:53 pm »

I don't watch much anime or read much manga, but I've gotten into HunterxHunter recently and I must say, it's fantastic.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25450 on: November 25, 2015, 11:48:22 pm »

I don't watch much anime or read much manga, but I've gotten into HunterxHunter recently and I must say, it's fantastic.
Yes, it is fantastic.

And I meant the latest chapter people speak of.  At least not when I employed my weak google-fu.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25451 on: November 26, 2015, 11:49:01 am »

Kinda late, but a subbed version of the newest Jojo Eyes of Heaven trailer popped up and I forgot to post it till now. (Warning, has spoilers for... Well a lot of the parts) Dear god the story mode is looking utterly amazing.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:52:08 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25452 on: November 26, 2015, 11:53:05 am »

So is Black Jack a continuous series where the creator separate Young, *Blank*, and Old one?

Or are they separate series part of the same continuity?

I mean I guess it would explain why Every single episode of Black Jack so far is better then all the episodes combined of Young Black Jack.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25453 on: November 26, 2015, 12:05:25 pm »

Young Black Jack is written by someone different and is a modern spinoff of the classic series. The original Black Jack was one of Osamu Tezuka's manga.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 12:08:22 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25454 on: November 26, 2015, 12:16:06 pm »

Black Jack was originally a manga made by Osamu Tezuka way back in the 1970s and wasn't intended to be made into the kind of massive series that you're thinking of. It was just a bunch of medical adventures with many recurring characters running through it but no major overarching plotline. As far as I'm aware, Young Black Jack is based on the main character's years in medical school which was barely elaborated on and is made by an entirely different set of people. According to wikipedia the Black Jack animes were also recently made and so Osamu Tezuka had no direct influence on them either, but probably draws heavy inspiration from the manga and so is more faithful to it.

As such... I suppose that they are all separate series which are trying to be part of the same continuity. It's just that one group is basically off in uncharted territory and not doing a very good job at making an enjoyable series.
Pages: 1 ... 1695 1696 [1697] 1698 1699 ... 2193