Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3056298 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25350 on: November 13, 2015, 03:49:21 pm »

Been watching Fist of the North Star.

It's barely animated and completely ridiculous but i cant stop.
That's because...
8)
You are already hooked.
Yes.

Surprisingly, that was the first anime that gave me a case of the feels(although it was like 3am when it happened so my brain might've been particularly susceptible.)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25351 on: November 13, 2015, 04:45:23 pm »

The first season was simple, yet effective. I only watched it for a little bit after that though, because after Shin it's mostly just Kenshiro faffing about looking for something to do.

As far as I've seen, anyway. Maybe something interesting develops later, but I'm not interested in picking it back up again :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #25352 on: November 13, 2015, 05:30:30 pm »

The first season was simple, yet effective. I only watched it for a little bit after that though, because after Shin it's mostly just Kenshiro faffing about looking for something to do.

As far as I've seen, anyway. Maybe something interesting develops later, but I'm not interested in picking it back up again :P
Interesting things definitely happen, though the episodes become considerably less dense.
I'd say that if you have time for like an episode a day you'll find enough interesting parts to keep you going.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25353 on: November 13, 2015, 06:21:00 pm »

IIRC at around episode 70 or so, there's something like 10 (read it, ten) back-to-back flashback episodes. Feel free to skim through those with extreme prejudice.

But yeah, I watched All of HnK 1 and 2, it was a satisfying experience. Trust me when I say Ken's story isn't done with Shin.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #25354 on: November 13, 2015, 09:15:44 pm »

It's Hetalia... combined with my FAVORITE video game!

I know who Luigi, Peach, Mario, and Wario are replaced with, but I don't know who Daisy is replaced with.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25355 on: November 14, 2015, 01:06:16 am »

Hmm Fairytail seems to have forgotten that the sense of pain is linked to the sense of touch...

---

Ohh Young Black Jack... please don't try to tackle race issues. You come from an incredibly racist period of Japan... I am not sure you will know how to handle it.

And I watched it and... it wasn't that bad... in that I thought it would be a train wreck of "doesn't get the point" but instead it was just a traffic jam of point-not-getting.

"Johnny stop fighting for human rights Johnny!" It is like the creator wasn't aware of the gravity of the situation. You don't just tell someone not to do it because it is risky, you tell them because you personally can't stand it (and then they do it anyway, but they appreciate you looking out for them).

Also it featured a Purple Puma proxy.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:27:23 am by Neonivek »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25356 on: November 14, 2015, 05:30:09 am »

I started up Ring Ni Kakero. From the first second, characters are the most hotblooded I've seen since Buso Renkin or Mazinger Z. So hotblooded I'm surprised that they're not just constantly spurting out bloody steam from every orifice. It's a boxing anime that makes no pretense of any form of realism, the characters might as well be saiyans with gloves on.

I might have to see this one through to the end, if only to witness how absurd the superhuman feats become.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25357 on: November 14, 2015, 11:37:49 am »

Ohh Young Black Jack... please don't try to tackle race issues. You come from an incredibly racist period of Japan... I am not sure you will know how to handle it.

I thought that the original manga handled race issues alright in the... one or two times it was brought up. The darkly coloured blotch/scar on Black Jack's face is from skin tissue donated one of his classmates who was (I believe half) black after Black Jack's house blew up with him in/near it. The manga makes a big point about the rest of Black Jack's classmates being too squeamish/controlled by their parents to donate part of their skin tissue, despite them being ethnically Japanese so that the donated tissue wouldn't be as obvious. And then of course after Jack Black grows up he eventually saves his classmate's life from some illness, as is to be expected for a manga about a rogue surgeon.

But then again that was just one story out of a couple hundred, so it's less that the manga handles race issues well and more like it barely handles them at all.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25358 on: November 14, 2015, 01:59:31 pm »

So started watching Durarara!! and am quite enjoying it (just finished the halfway point of the first season). I'm definitely seeing the influence of the fact that it has the same writer as Baccano!, it's a very similar storytelling style. Also I've found it very fun catching all the references to other anime throughout, though when Isaac and Miria showed up in their cameo in episode 11 I can't help but to say that I totally lost it. XD I must have been laughing for a good minute or two, which made everyone else around me look at me rather strangely, but it was just so hilarious that it was worth it. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25359 on: November 14, 2015, 10:07:13 pm »

Hmm Fairytail seems to have forgotten that the sense of pain is linked to the sense of touch...
Not really.  We group quite a lot of senses that are entirely different under the label of "touch".  There are different receptors for pain and pressure, for instance.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25360 on: November 14, 2015, 10:14:24 pm »

And then there's itching, which is weird.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25361 on: November 14, 2015, 10:18:52 pm »

Not really.  We group quite a lot of senses that are entirely different under the label of "touch".  There are different receptors for pain and pressure, for instance.

Yeah but a lot of those are different categories of touch. In the same way that Smell is thousands of receptors.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #25362 on: November 14, 2015, 10:32:17 pm »

Yeah, true. It's like trying to say that sweetness and bitterness aren't taste because they're different receptors (I think).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25363 on: November 14, 2015, 10:36:35 pm »

We do lump them together for language purposes but scientifically they are regarded as distinct senses.  More to the point there are indeed conditions where you can lose some senses of "touch" but not others (losing your pain response is something that can happen).

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25364 on: November 15, 2015, 03:57:27 am »

I'd also count nausea as a distinct sense (in terms of a distinct sensation), it doesn't really fit with "touch" or any of the other classic senses, and it's not really "pain" as such.

EDIT: Well I mentioned before that the new Hidan no Aria season had yuri undertones ... I take back any hint of "undertones". It's basically turned into Maria-sama ga Miteru, but with gun battles.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:12:03 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1689 1690 [1691] 1692 1693 ... 2193