Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3055459 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25125 on: October 25, 2015, 05:29:20 am »

Nah nah nah, you'd need a Patreon for that.

But then we can't have stretch goals! (which in this case would be the size his mouth stretches in disgust as ever increasingly bad animoo are presented)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25126 on: October 25, 2015, 08:05:34 am »

I am sure everyone has had that happen once in their life. Just a character you see and you go "Ohh my goodness... it is me!"
Nope. Not everyone. Not with anime, not with live action, not with LNs, not with fiction in general. Was even some explicit self-insert fiction written by a friend back in highschool that didn't trigger that sensation. Some folks just don't associate with characters like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25127 on: October 25, 2015, 02:09:02 pm »

Ok, so Chichi wants Goku to get a job.

So I am wondering what kind of job he could get...

What is odd is plowing would be perfect for him if he didn't use the machine. He could plow acres in a few moments even get a work out.

So that is off the table...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25128 on: October 25, 2015, 02:17:42 pm »

I mean he can teleport anywhere in the universe at will and he has super strength, so... anything?  Construction work, transportation, demolition, to name a few.  Its really just a matter of whether he's willing to actually try.  I assume in the show comedy shenanigans will result.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25129 on: October 25, 2015, 02:22:30 pm »

It would need to be a job where he could use his powers in secret.

Also the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super is hilarious. It is actually probably the "best" episode so far. Right down to having an advertisement right smack dab in the middle of the episode.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:27:21 pm by Neonivek »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #25130 on: October 25, 2015, 02:35:45 pm »

Wait... since when are his powers a secret?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25131 on: October 25, 2015, 02:39:22 pm »

I don't blame you for not knowing... since there is absolutely no reason why his powers SHOULD be secret.

But if I were to give an EXACT point where they stopped fooling around and went "yeah no, they are secret now" without a shadow of a doubt it would be the Buu Saga... but it started before even then.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25132 on: October 25, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

And todays episode of Concrete Revolutio contained Deep Ones, King Kong, Kamen Rider, Ultraman, the Justice Society of America, various kaiju, Tetsujin 28/Giant Robo, what might have been a genderswapped Astro Boy, and a government conspiracy controlled by bodysnatching aliens.

...god I love this show.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25133 on: October 25, 2015, 11:31:55 pm »

I have a friend asking around about new horror mangas (he's read most of the older stuff) that are coming out, anyone got anything recent that might be worth a look?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25134 on: October 25, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:48:48 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25135 on: October 26, 2015, 12:03:20 am »

I don't blame you for not knowing... since there is absolutely no reason why his powers SHOULD be secret.

But if I were to give an EXACT point where they stopped fooling around and went "yeah no, they are secret now" without a shadow of a doubt it would be the Buu Saga... but it started before even then.

I only think Gohan wanted to keep his powers secret, so he could blend in at school and live out a superhero fantasy.

It's not that Goku, Vegeta, etc. want to keep their powers secret. It's just that fights only happen once in a great while, and they don't stick around to take credit and keep their face out there, and people in the DBZ 'verse are dumb enough to forget about it.

Plus, many of he major arcs in the original DBZ happen when people aren't around to watch. They fought Frieza on Namek, the Androids usually killed any witnesses before the heroes show up, and they mostly fought Buu in deserted locations.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25136 on: October 26, 2015, 12:11:46 am »

Yeah, Goku notably doesn't give a shit about secrecy at all. Mr. Satan gives him an opportunity to fight in Super ep 15 and he takes it, regardless of the size of the crowd. Only reason he runs away is because Chi-Chi is there... utterly coincidentally. And they also say Piccolo eats? That episode was weird.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25137 on: October 26, 2015, 12:29:44 am »

Yeah, Goku notably doesn't give a shit about secrecy at all. Mr. Satan gives him an opportunity to fight in Super ep 15 and he takes it, regardless of the size of the crowd. Only reason he runs away is because Chi-Chi is there... utterly coincidentally. And they also say Piccolo eats? That episode was weird.

And then the very next episode he makes sure no one is looking before flying.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25138 on: October 26, 2015, 12:55:17 am »

I watched the first ep of "Buzzer Beater" which I can't pull my mind away from being a masturbation pun, is also an anime about intergalactic basketball versus demon-looking aliens. Reading the synopsis, my first thought is "I so badly want this to be Space Jam: The Anime."

First episode is... not promising at all. It seems that the plot is that a guy is pulling together the Earth's best athletes in order to beat the Gorans, a just plain superior race of aliens that are better and bigger at everything than us slow, dumb, and small humans. Now, by "Best Athletes" he means atleast two highschool students, an indifferent playboy, some dude with a monster cowlick haircut, and a guy always wearing a swimming cap. Noone is introduced besides our apparent protagonst: Snotty-ass blue haired highschool brat Hideyoshi. "I'm a professional!" Is one of the first things he says, as he proceeds to be completely unprofessional by picking fights with his teammates, then pouting about it afterwards with his friend who looks SUSPICIOUSLY like Naruto. Like, he just needs the headband and whiskers and it's a perfect 1 to 1. Even more weirdly is that his art style and body dimensions keep changing from scene to scene, so he's a stubby chibified runt in one scene, then TRANSMOGRIFIES into a almost human looking character, then back again, as he plays B-ball.

Moreover, apparently the first episode doesn't start at the beginning of the story? There's a huge recap of the events that actually transpired so far, which includes the actual formation of the team, the challenging of the aliens, their first four successive victories, and their close defeat against the alien champs... all this in the first minute of the first episode, and all this so we can speed to the ACTUAL first episode which is just all the team members being frustrated by the defeat that we didn't get to SEE. So yeah, what the actual fuck storyboard guys? Did you think we wouldn't want to see all that cool shit that happened?

The actual animation while they're playing B-ball is actually pretty smooth and cool, but it looks like the actual basketball hoop was imported from the Commander Keen educational games. It's so glaringly out of place that all the B-ball happening in the foreground can't wrest my eyes from this cartoony as hell looking hoop sitting in the background.

I probably won't continue with it, but the reason I tried it is that I got my nose into a bunch of sports-related animes, since I'm feeling that that's where alot of the shonen gold is at since I got finished watching YowaPedal. Fingers crossed on the next one.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25139 on: October 26, 2015, 01:06:57 am »

There are only three worthwhile basketball animes in my personal knowledge:

Slam Dunk, for classic anime
Kuroko's Basketball, for modern anime
Ro Kyu Bu for loli anime

Kuroko, for one, is definitely influenced by Hajime no Ippo, and pretty similar to Yowamushi Pedal. Similar type of hero, similar pacing of matches, and similar way they flesh out the backgrounds of the rival teams through flashbacks and shifting the character focus around. If anything, Kuroko is a bit more shoneny, with escalating special abilities, which aren't technically magic, and don't actually break the laws of physics, but get pretty hard to believe.

Buzzer Beater looks frikkin horrible all around, but it was authored by the same person as Slam Dunk which has a strong following. Maybe it's the actual adaptation that fell flat?

If you want something ridiculous and sci-fi, maybe Basquash! fits the bill. It has much higher ratings than Buzzer Beater but a goddamn retarded sounding synopsis:

On the planet Earthdash, its inhabitants gaze on its moon and the technologically advanced lunar city of Mooneyes with awe. Dan JD, a boy living in Rollingtown on Earthdash's surface, gets caught up in Bigfoot Basketball—a fast-paced sport played with giant Bigfoot robots.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:38:56 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1674 1675 [1676] 1677 1678 ... 2193