Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3054410 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #25005 on: October 17, 2015, 12:20:55 am »

I just watched the first ep of Young Black Jack, and the art design is... odd to say the least. Black Jack was never an ugly guy, but it seems they went WAY out of their way to make him stereotypically shoujo-handsome. It's really offputting seeing Black Jack redrawn as an underwear model basically..

Just alot of things feel 'off', not just his looks and his speech, but like sitting at the park bench just imagining a surgery while he mumbles to himself and waving his arms in the air. It just feels so... bullshit? And how the very first scene in the episode is him revealing his handsome muscular shirtless body to his young female friend. That just feels bullshit.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25006 on: October 17, 2015, 01:34:51 am »

Picked up Concrete Revolutio and I'm loving it so far. It's like anime Watchmen with expies of Japanese cultural icons from the 60s and 70s.
tri-tri-triple post!

This comment made me decide to give Concrete Revolutio a whirl... and I'm not sure if I'm just brain damaged from watching 60 back-to-back eps of Yowamushi Pedal, but the plotlines of these episodes are *impossible* to follow. I'd be enjoying it, then characters and sequences start jumping around and I just instantly get lost.

Show is stylish as hell, but I wish it'd stop making me feel retarded. This is Last Exile all over again.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25007 on: October 17, 2015, 02:34:05 am »

So.

I finally got around to watching the third Puella Magi Madoka Magica film.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25008 on: October 17, 2015, 10:23:30 am »

Watching 'Assasination Classroom' on Animelab.
Its the 13th episode and its the chapter I both Loath and Love at the same time. Where Nasigo shows his fangs... ^_^
I hate it cause I so want to Kill that arse of a teacher myself. OH GOD I wish I had that ability...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:37:04 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #25009 on: October 17, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »

Picked up Concrete Revolutio and I'm loving it so far. It's like anime Watchmen with expies of Japanese cultural icons from the 60s and 70s.
tri-tri-triple post!

This comment made me decide to give Concrete Revolutio a whirl... and I'm not sure if I'm just brain damaged from watching 60 back-to-back eps of Yowamushi Pedal, but the plotlines of these episodes are *impossible* to follow. I'd be enjoying it, then characters and sequences start jumping around and I just instantly get lost.

Show is stylish as hell, but I wish it'd stop making me feel retarded. This is Last Exile all over again.

Yeah it can get a bit disorienting at the start of an episode, but it gets easier when you figure out which timeline is which. It's just that it's divided into two sets of events taking place in the past and the future, and each scene in the past provides context for the future scene which happens right after. Easiest way to tell them apart mostly is about recognizing the clothing everyone's wearing in each time period and it becomes a lot simpler.
It's FEF, not FEOF

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25010 on: October 17, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »

tri-tri-triple post!

Yeah it can get a bit disorienting at the start of an episode, but it gets easier when you figure out which timeline is which. It's just that it's divided into two sets of events taking place in the past and the future, and each scene in the past provides context for the future scene which happens right after. Easiest way to tell them apart mostly is about recognizing the clothing everyone's wearing in each time period and it becomes a lot simpler.

I mean, I'm ok with nonlinear storytelling. I followed Baccano just fine! It's just that the segues between scenes are seemingly seamless, and every time it happens that train of thought in my head gets thrown off the rails and has to restart again.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25011 on: October 17, 2015, 06:28:40 pm »

So.

I finally got around to watching the third Puella Magi Madoka Magica film.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Watching 'Assasination Classroom' on Animelab.
Its the 13th episode and its the chapter I both Loath and Love at the same time. Where Nasigo shows his fangs... ^_^
I hate it cause I so want to Kill that arse of a teacher myself. OH GOD I wish I had that ability...
...who's the busty blonde? I didn't get very far in the manga, but she doesn't seem familiar. Does she come in later, or was she added to the anime because reasons?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #25012 on: October 17, 2015, 06:29:32 pm »

She's introduced later on.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25013 on: October 17, 2015, 06:39:24 pm »

Anime I am Interested in
Nurarihyon no Mago

Inuyasha
Darker then black
Soul eater
Death note
Bleach
kaze no stigma
Tokyo Ghoul
A good amount of other anime I find boring after a few episodes, and I cant gain access to them most of the time because paywall.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:42:37 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25014 on: October 17, 2015, 06:43:37 pm »

I will admit the one advantage Action animes often have on normal ones is that... well...

An action anime can be boring, trite, and stupid... but if the action is fine then it is an entertaining sit.

While a normal anime if it is boring., trite, and stupid... is REALLY boring, trite, and stupid.

But that advantage doesn't usually come out a lot. Since even action animes are often boring once you scratch under the surface. I don't have to remind you of Saint Saiya and the Lost Turn Based Battle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25015 on: October 17, 2015, 09:03:40 pm »

She's introduced later on.
"Bitch-sensei!"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25016 on: October 17, 2015, 09:20:54 pm »

I started watching Shokugeki No Soma, aka Intense Foodgasms allday errday.

You know, I'm not the only one that is always comparing anime to food and using metaphors that always fit with that idea, so it just makes sense that an anime about food is so naturally lovable. I'm of the opinion that the gratuitous fanservice with women taking a bite of something, and then all their clothes explode off as they're catapulted into another dimension of culinary sextasy, is kinda excessive and unnecessary; but it's growing on me. It's kinda the shameless fun kinda fanservice that Cutey Honey and Godannar won me over with.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #25017 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:00 pm »

Can't speak for the anime, but I can tell you that the manga is at least somewhat equitable in regards to the cloth explosions and foodgasms. There's both beef and cheese cake in fair abundance. The gratuitous fanservice has both women and men in glorious food induced dishabille. It makes it better :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25018 on: October 17, 2015, 10:26:38 pm »

Can't speak for the anime, but I can tell you that the manga is at least somewhat equitable in regards to the cloth explosions and foodgasms. There's both beef and cheese cake in fair abundance. The gratuitous fanservice has both women and men in glorious food induced dishabille. It makes it better :V

Yeah fact that they will do the exact same thing no matter who it is (except children) helps.

They will give old women foodgasms... fat men... And make them rather nude while they are at it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25019 on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:54 pm »

I finally finished Yowamushi Pedal: Grand Road. MAN I liked that alot. It really is basically Hajime No Ippo on bikes
I'm really glad someone else enjoyed the recommendation. It's not a show that gets plugged a lot, but it is really good at what it does. Andy and Frank will agree with me there.

BTW, a YowaPedal movie was released in Japan at the end of august, it's meant to be a sequel not a recap too. Probably be out on DVD before christmas I'm guessing. And there's season 3 coming next year as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:19:26 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 1666 1667 [1668] 1669 1670 ... 2193