Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1660 1661 [1662] 1663 1664 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3053999 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24915 on: October 11, 2015, 01:53:25 am »

>~20 minutes of high school anime
>HOLY F------ S--- WHAT'S GOING ON

EDIT: ...This would make a good video game. Just saying.
It's stretching the definition of "video game," but I assume that's essentially the Higurashi VN.

But yeah, a Madoka game could be interesting, depending on where they go with it.
Ahem.

For those who, for whatever reason, refuse to use TV Tropes.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24916 on: October 11, 2015, 03:18:10 am »

For multiple good reasons, I assume you mean?

--

Been digging through more recent stuff for things to watch. Anyone watched enough of any of these to offer an opinion?

Concrete Revolution, Nanatsu no Taizai, Akatsuki no Yona, Death Parade, or the adaption of Assassination Classroom? Getting bored rewatching through the long slog of UC Gundam again, so I'm willing to give anything half-decent a shot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24917 on: October 11, 2015, 03:50:58 am »

For multiple good reasons, I assume you mean?
No, of course not. As everyone knows, TV Tropes is Our One True Lord and Saviour and can never, ever do wrong. Obviously.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24918 on: October 11, 2015, 04:50:52 am »

But yeah, a Madoka game could be interesting, depending on where they go with it.
Ahem.
The game is part first-person Roguelike dungeon crawler and part Visual Novel.
WHAT

That sounds perfect. ;_;
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24919 on: October 11, 2015, 05:00:42 am »

I have absolutely no explanation for that. I was merely commenting that the situation sounded like something right out of the manga. I'm sure that if it did come up in the manga it'd be handled much more sensibly, since Osamu Tezuka did have a medical degree. A big part of Black Jack has him using all of the medical knowledge he had learned and weaving it into the threads of the story.

Part of me believes that the main character is a TINY bit limited by the setting. Even with his skills and the "immunosuppressant's" a heart transplant was likely to fail.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24920 on: October 11, 2015, 05:31:00 am »

Concrete Revolution, Nanatsu no Taizai, Akatsuki no Yona, Death Parade, or the adaption of Assassination Classroom? Getting bored rewatching through the long slog of UC Gundam again, so I'm willing to give anything half-decent a shot.

I only watched Death Parade, I can assure you it's worth your time. Actually it's such a short series I wish it used up more of my time.

Well, I did see a .gif of Assassination Classroom, where one character jams the barrel of a revolver into a bowl of soup, then sticks it into his mouth and says "MMMM NOTHING'S BETTER THAN A SOUPY GUN!" and that's my entire experience with the show.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24921 on: October 11, 2015, 07:27:19 am »

Only watched Akatsuki no Yona of those, but it's very good, probably my favorite series.  Definitely recommend it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #24922 on: October 11, 2015, 07:34:30 am »

Ahem.
WHAT

That sounds perfect. ;_;
It sounds like Persona in a way...

WHY WOULD THEY NOT TRANSLATE THIS!?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24923 on: October 11, 2015, 07:38:33 am »

Ahem.
WHAT

That sounds perfect. ;_;
It sounds like Persona in a way...

WHY WOULD THEY NOT TRANSLATE THIS!?
Looking at the Puella Magi Wiki, because it didn't sell very well, with a bit under 100,000 copies being sold(93,859, to be exact).

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24924 on: October 11, 2015, 07:53:41 am »

... would mean there's at least two madoka games, though. There's also at least a pretty interesting beat-'em-up style (iirc) one floating around, too. Pretty sure it's a doujin game instead of official, but it's out there. Can't recall the name.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24925 on: October 11, 2015, 07:55:38 am »

Well. There is a PS VITA game as well, called something like The Battle Pentagram IIRC, but it's apparently a hack'n'slash game. Still has the VN elements from what I recall, but eh.
It sold even worse though. Something like 36,000 copies sold in total.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24926 on: October 11, 2015, 08:01:48 am »

... would mean there's at least two madoka games, though. There's also at least a pretty interesting beat-'em-up style (iirc) one floating around, too. Pretty sure it's a doujin game instead of official, but it's out there. Can't recall the name.
That's Grief Syndrome

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24927 on: October 11, 2015, 09:08:21 am »

I only watched Death Parade, I can assure you it's worth your time. Actually it's such a short series I wish it used up more of my time.

Well, I did see a .gif of Assassination Classroom, where one character jams the barrel of a revolver into a bowl of soup, then sticks it into his mouth and says "MMMM NOTHING'S BETTER THAN A SOUPY GUN!" and that's my entire experience with the show.
Only watched Akatsuki no Yona of those, but it's very good, probably my favorite series.  Definitely recommend it.

Thanks, I'll start with those! :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24928 on: October 11, 2015, 11:46:33 am »

Death Parade was my favorite original IP show of the last three or so years, so yeah it's probably worth checking out or something.

Watch Death Billiards, the prequel OVA first though, and it's best to go in knowing nothing about it whatsoever.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #24929 on: October 11, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »

Neonivek.

Watch Valkyrie Drive. The first episode came out recently. This is a challenge.

And make sure to tell us what you think.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 1660 1661 [1662] 1663 1664 ... 2193