Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1637 1638 [1639] 1640 1641 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3054515 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24570 on: September 21, 2015, 01:40:05 pm »

That was not as bad as I expected, given the reviews.

Admittedly, it could have been fades between slightly-above-averagely drawn comic panels with no voice acting set to dissonant jazz played on a damaged tin whistle and it would have been better than I expected.
You can also check out Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven too, which is actually lower-rated and by the same people (it's also 19 minutes long).

EDIT: The ending song of Sore ga Seiyuu caught me by surprise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtpISOz2L6s
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:59:12 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #24571 on: September 21, 2015, 01:59:23 pm »

You can also check out Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven too, which is actually lower-rated and by the same people (it's also 19 minutes long).

I decided to stop myself after the (probably accidental) implication that one of the girls had been showering for five years.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24572 on: September 21, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »

Yeah, the editing in that is downright perplexing. It's really hard to tell the flashbacks from current events because they just cut from one thing to the next without and transitions. The story behind these OVAs is that they were made in-house by a games company not an anime company.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:13:07 pm by Reelya »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24574 on: September 21, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »

I find it odd that even though Hajime no Ippo is a celebration of all things Boxing... It has somehow made me like boxing less and less as the show went on. Mostly because they depict it as 50% cheating.

So I did a little research, I mean... they are probably exaggerating, there is no way Boxing has so much cheating and maliciousness in it. Well unless they seriously changed things recently NOPE!!! cheating might as well be something they teach you in boxing school. They even had long standing champions who got and stayed there through flagrant cheating. Well ok they are exaggerating but cheating is quite a bit more common then one would think, it actually makes the Mixed martial arts tournaments much more fair by comparison (too bad they are as boring as dirt to watch... Clinch, Clinch, Clinch, Leg kick, Clinch)

I don't think I like a sport that functions that way.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24575 on: September 21, 2015, 07:48:19 pm »

That was not as bad as I expected, given the reviews.

Admittedly, it could have been fades between slightly-above-averagely drawn comic panels with no voice acting set to dissonant jazz played on a damaged tin whistle and it would have been better than I expected.

Whenever people try to convince me that Agarest is a good series of video games, I point them to the company's previous works such as Skelter Heaven and Mars of Destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24576 on: September 21, 2015, 07:55:53 pm »

... they've actually got some fairly alright games on the PSP, though. Some of the spectral stuff is a little rough, but surprisingly involved and playable, and aedis eclipse is roughly in the same place (plus it has some amazing character design in places, ahaha). Blazing Souls innit particularly terrible, either, iirc, if I'm not mixing it up with something else.

And from what I understand of Agarest, calling it good may be going to far, but again, it's not exactly bad. Has its problems, but also some notable merits.

Idea Factory has definitely produced a fair amount of garbage, though. Just... not all of their stuff is garbage.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24577 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:51 pm »

Aragest if I were to best describe it is... It is a good and bad videogame... at the same time.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24578 on: September 21, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »

Aragest if I were to best describe it is... It is a good and bad videogame... at the same time.
As a person who owns all the ones on steam that's probably a pretty apt description. They have their good points and their bad points. It's certainly not a "recommend it to your friends" level of awesomeness, but it certainly isn't total crap either.

Of course if you aren't the type of person who likes dating sims, or you aren't the type of person who likes grindy JRPG's, then you probably aren't going to like it regardless. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24579 on: September 22, 2015, 01:04:18 am »

Mars of Destruction is only 19 minutes long.
What, really?

Oh my god this is amazing. It's basically XCOM the Anime, only also made by XCOM.

"Uh, quick, make it dramatic!"
"Man, shooting things 12 feet away from you is hard."
"What does point-blanking a scary thing you've never seen before with an automatic rifle do again? Oh, right."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24580 on: September 22, 2015, 02:21:50 am »

I'm not sure if it was made worse or better by the fact that I kept thinking "No, You are the Martians!" throughout the whole thing. :P

Also that head explosion... best anime moment 2015 hands down! ;D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24581 on: September 22, 2015, 03:00:10 am »

I also like how the characters refer to the bad guys as "ancients" even before they've had the big bad plot reveal. How did they know they were ancients before finding out about the whole secret?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24582 on: September 22, 2015, 01:39:08 pm »

I found the anime of the year guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m0V9iknWvM

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24583 on: September 22, 2015, 02:02:38 pm »

Hmmm, seems kinda pale compared to this old one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5_DVBWgwY&t=1m1s
All three episodes of this are good for a laugh.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:22:00 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24584 on: September 23, 2015, 05:48:23 am »

I finished Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro. I honestly really like it. It has a lot of episodes that boil down to 'Matsu is being a rowdy, callous, delinquent again!' with otherwise little plot development, but it comes off as a very charming recurring theme that sets the ambiance of the show. The MC is a dense asshole, but that just seems to highlight how simple and sincere he is. The character development of his friend Tanaka is touching as well, as he slowly stops being a timid weakling.

My only big beef with it is that near the end of the series there is a big time skip out of nowhere that jumps over several seasons or possibly a whole year, the exact amount of time seems to go up and down depending on the scene so it becomes confusing when characters are suddenly referencing events that we never got to see.

But overall, it's good and I recommend it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:21:47 am by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 1637 1638 [1639] 1640 1641 ... 2193