Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3055260 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24495 on: September 18, 2015, 02:07:18 am »

2 episodes done into Gakkou Gurashi!

It's simultaneously making me not to want to watch anymore episodes and watch more at the same time, which is not an easy balance to create.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Also unless you actually quote me I'm probably not going to read any spoilered responses. :P I'm trying hard to avoid further spoilers so far, though the initial twist was already spoiled for me due to just reading the "teaser summary" on anichart before it first came out to determine if I would be interested in it :().
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24496 on: September 18, 2015, 02:25:55 am »

If its any help, actual mental illnesses don't tend to be as... complete as they are in fiction.  In most cases its possible to very aware and intelligent while simultaneously not being able to change whatever your little quirk is.  So like someone with OCD will generally recognize that they have it, even if they don't know what its called, and be "normal" in areas that don't directly pertain to their compulsive behavior.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24497 on: September 18, 2015, 03:03:07 am »

-snip-
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #24498 on: September 18, 2015, 03:30:51 am »

-snip-
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24499 on: September 18, 2015, 04:16:10 am »

I finally got around to watching "When Marnie Was There". It was very tasteful and sweet. Heartily recommended.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24500 on: September 18, 2015, 05:09:54 am »

Up to date on Gakkou Gurashi now. It's getting pretty good, can't wait for those last couple of episodes to come out!

A toss up between Gate and Overlord to watch next, I picked Gate because the setting sounds much more interesting.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24501 on: September 18, 2015, 09:08:21 am »

Dunno what happens in the anime, but it's not entirely sessile in the LN. Think I stopped around the point they were getting ready/starting to
Spoiler: Spoiler, maybe? (click to show/hide)
Not because it was exactly bad or anything -- I've actually still got it open in some tab or another -- just got distracted by other things.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24502 on: September 18, 2015, 10:36:05 am »

Gate wasn't as good as I hoped. While I won't spoil any details, here's a picture of the most powerful warrior of the world beyond the Gate:
Spoiler: Rory Mercury (click to show/hide)
It was a fun series but it was sort of all over the shop too.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 10:57:08 am by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24503 on: September 18, 2015, 11:47:55 am »

I demand that everyone check out "Health and Physical Education for 30 year olds". It's a raucously funny mini series about a god of sex trying to guide a 30 yr old virgin to graduate from his virginity. I'm only about 4 eps in, and each ep is about 12 minutes long, but I'm already madly endeared to it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24504 on: September 18, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »

Gate wasn't as good as I hoped. While I won't spoil any details, here's a picture of the most powerful warrior of the world beyond the Gate:
Spoiler: Rory Mercury (click to show/hide)
It was a fun series but it was sort of all over the shop too.
Now go read the manga :V

Mostly so someone that's seen both can tell me how much the anime cuts out, heh.

... actually, probably don't. We've had this discussion before.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24506 on: September 18, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

Well, Gate announced as split-cour at the end of the last episode broadcast (not available yet for us though). I definitely got the feeling that it was going to a cliffhanger in episode 11, a new major plot thread was introduced near the end of the episode and it well apparent that there's not enough time in the last episode to resolve it. So yeah, eps 11-12 are setting up the plot for the next cour which will air in January. Damn I shouldn't have watched Gate yesterday, because I could have left it until December and watched it just before the next half airs, and watched another show just now. Oh well.

Today I'm checking out Himouto! Umaru-chan. Looks cute / funny.

Also thanks for that JH, I'll give 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku another look if you think it's good. I gave the first episode a quick look ages ago but didn't like the artstyle.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:46:32 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24507 on: September 19, 2015, 04:02:06 am »

Also thanks for that JH, I'll give 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku another look if you think it's good. I gave the first episode a quick look ages ago but didn't like the artstyle.

Well, it certainly looks like a cheaply made animation, but the atmosphere and gags are top notch after quickly binging the entirety of this short series.

After that though, I immediately picked up "Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro" about the naturally hulking and strong Matsutaro, who is a delinquent that is scouted to do sumo. I'm on ep 4, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly so far. The MC reminds me alot of my cousin, almost down to the t. Pig-headed, no manners, immature, but freakishly strong. It's almost like they made the anime in his tribute, though the MC looks like Nishi from Ashita no Joe, if Nishi wasn't a huge coward and loser.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24508 on: September 19, 2015, 05:41:56 am »

It was written by the same guy as Ashita no Joe actually

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24509 on: September 19, 2015, 05:55:34 am »

I should've known when I saw the slightly older Sachi clone.
Pages: 1 ... 1632 1633 [1634] 1635 1636 ... 2193