Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1621 1622 [1623] 1624 1625 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3055944 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #24330 on: September 06, 2015, 11:03:57 am »

I just remembed JoJo is longer than I claimed. Parts I and II combine for the first ~25 ep or so. But Part III is much longer, it gets two whole seasons of about 24 eps each, so overall, the story so far is almost 75 episodes long. They've only adapted a small portion of the manga however, but each arc stands alone very well, so it's not the kind of thing where you're going to be left with a lot of dandling plot threads if they don't carry it on.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:11:47 am by Reelya »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24331 on: September 06, 2015, 11:53:42 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24333 on: September 06, 2015, 01:00:26 pm »

The writing in Charlotte is really weird. Although I'm just wondering about the reasoning behind the name.

I've been wondering that, too. It's such a weird name, and I feel like there's going to have to be some kind of explanation at some point...but with only 3 episodes left, maybe there won't be. I'm really having trouble seeing how they are going to wrap this up. The pacing is just...really weird. And I can't help but compare it to Angel Beats, especially the use of music. The songs in Charlotte just aren't used as well and aren't nearly as emotional as they managed in Angel Beats (except maybe the one song -spoiler you know what I'm talking about-).

Spoiler: Minor Spoilers (click to show/hide)

I wouldn't classify it as a masterpiece, but it's still good, and I'm looking forward to see how it all ends.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24334 on: September 06, 2015, 03:09:37 pm »

On wikipedia it says the episode title of episode 11 is actually "Charlotte". So maybe (possibly) they're going to indicate why it's called that. Who knows?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24335 on: September 06, 2015, 08:33:49 pm »

Maybe the MC's name is Charlotte but he's been using a pseudonym all this time? Twist of the century right there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24336 on: September 07, 2015, 05:23:07 pm »

I kind of love the Anime Trend of including both the Mary Sue and Sleeping Dragon.

So you can have you big dumb invincible hero, but you also have someone who needs to learn and grow too.

In Prince of Tennis the Sleeping Dragon was Momo (at first)
In Liars Game the Sleeping Dragon is Nao
In Food Wars the Sleeping Dragon is Momoko
In Yugioh the Sleeping Dragon is Joey
In Bleach... uhhh... hmmm...

It is especially helpful to me because usually I like them more then the main character. (There are exceptions... I like Yugi more then Joey)... but more then that the thing about an invincible protagonist is that they can wear out their welcome, by balancing it out with the sleeping dragon or as I like to also call it "The Apprentice" it mellows the narrative so it isn't so overly pungent.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24337 on: September 07, 2015, 05:31:09 pm »

Yugi wasn't a Mary Sue, Yami/Yugi was a Mary Sue. Individually they had flaws.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #24338 on: September 07, 2015, 05:34:47 pm »

Yugi wasn't a Mary Sue, Yami/Yugi was a Mary Sue. Individually they had flaws.

Flaws don't define a Mary Sue. A Mary Sue is defined by the character's relationships with others. What you need to ask is if any reasonable, not-whiny characters dislike Yugi/Yami and how many characters are filled with unending love for Yami/Yugi.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #24339 on: September 07, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24340 on: September 07, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »

I'm starting to have an urge to rewatch FLCL. I'm trying to fight it, but I think it's going to win. Although it's interesting how with every viewing, you can start to understand the plot just a little bit more.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24341 on: September 07, 2015, 09:24:33 pm »

Quote from: TV Tropes
"If you wish to understand Fooly Cooly, watch the series from beginning to end. The desire will pass."

Watch it again! Its the best. I think I've watched it 3 or 4 times now.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24342 on: September 07, 2015, 09:29:47 pm »

Quote from: TV Tropes
"If you wish to understand Fooly Cooly, watch the series from beginning to end. The desire will pass."

Watch it again! Its the best. I think I've watched it 3 or 4 times now.

I think I've watched it about 3 times, but it's been a while! I just don't have the free time to do it straight through in a reasonable time right now, and I think that's more fun with FLCL than spreading it out!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24343 on: September 07, 2015, 10:07:25 pm »

Finally finished jojo

Personally i don't think the home depot and child molester stands each deserved a 2 part episode, but i still enjoyed it

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24344 on: September 07, 2015, 10:42:47 pm »

Better too much JoJo's than not enough!

But yes they were both kind of simple.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1621 1622 [1623] 1624 1625 ... 2193