Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3065917 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #645 on: July 09, 2009, 04:32:53 am »

if Usopp used guns unstead of a slingshot then he would be cool.

If it makes you feel better he switches to a Sling Staff once he rejoins the team.

Oddly I think Usopp is Luffy's best friend. He seems to take his words with the most weight.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 09, 2009, 04:39:06 am »

if Usopp used guns unstead of a slingshot then he would be cool.

If it makes you feel better he switches to a Sling Staff once he rejoins the team.

Oddly I think Usopp is Luffy's best friend. He seems to take his words with the most weight.

A sling-staff which he can use accurately beyond rifle range, through sheer strength of awesome. Also, he fires cannons which are cooler than guns anyway.

I think the Luffy/Usopp bond is because Usopps dad is on Shanks crew...Or wait, does Luffy know that yet? I forget. Not to mention all that Enies Lobby business.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 09, 2009, 04:40:21 am »

He doesn't

Though Usopp is the closest person to Luffy's personality. He is a lot like what Luffy would be if he didn't have the power to make all his dreams happen.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:07 am »

So I'm guessing One Piece is fun to watch?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 09, 2009, 04:56:17 am »

I guess if you like series with tons of filler where the main character is so overpowered he doesn't have a reasonable chance of actually losing.

It is like watching Pokemon with humans... your really just waiting for the Gym battles

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 09, 2009, 05:08:28 am »

I guess if you like series with tons of filler where the main character is so overpowered he doesn't have a reasonable chance of actually losing.

It is like watching Pokemon with humans... your really just waiting for the Gym battles

Doesn't it have way less filler then most other ongoing shonen? I like it, anyway, obviously the main characters aren't going to die (no one dies. ever.) but I don't really watch it for the "Be the Underdog! Train! Fight Stronger Enemies! Repeat until series ends!" formula that's everywhere anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:14:34 am by kinseti »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 09, 2009, 05:28:21 am »

It's still a bit boring, but I don't really watch shounen shows in general. With a few notable exceptions such as Soul Eater, granted.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 09, 2009, 05:57:27 am »

Doesn't it have way less filler then most other ongoing shonen?

Hardly something to be proud of. Afterall you get Inuyasha which was almost all filler.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 09, 2009, 09:40:41 am »

i dont consider those shows to have too many fillers. they had SOMETHIGN to do with the show, where as naruto just showes stupid scenes that have NOTHING to do with the actual story.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 09, 2009, 10:11:23 am »

Usopp is stupid.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #655 on: July 29, 2009, 04:38:38 am »

Back from the burning pits of the third page...

I'm thinking about doing a Mystery Science Theater of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni.

Although I'm not sure where to put the thread, or if I'll even be allowed to do it...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 29, 2009, 12:23:14 pm »

An MST of of an anime you say? Will you be doing it full motion like the real MST or will you be doing it picture style like some sort of let's play?

What's the show about anyhow?

In other news, I watched Death Note in it's entirety again. Yep, all 25 episodes. The leaps in logic at times are astounding though. Such as how Misa is forcefully abducted and held against her will, blindfolded, in a straight jacket, tied to a dolly, is implied to be manually fed, bathed, and made to relieve herself by a complete stranger, questioned the entire time, and Watari is implied to have used 'dubious methods' which could mean anything from violently shaking and threatening her, to out and out waterboarding, and then when she's released from these atrocious conditions some 50 days later, she like "OH! You were the police all along!? Well I'm not angry AT ALL! In fact, I'll pretend that the last month and a half wasn't extremely damaging or scarring to me in the least! In fact, I'll just make believe that all that didn't even HAPPEN!"

Also, the hoyay on the one scene in episode 25 is so awkwardly placed and presented, and the dialogue so cheesy that it feels like it's being torn straight out of an erotic fan fiction, really stands out as something that just feels WRONG, especially when you compare everything that goes on before and after it...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 29, 2009, 12:34:16 pm »

I haven't seen Death Note (I've meant to...) but don't people who go through traumatic experiences like that often, in real life, act like it never happened because they are completely incapable of dealing with it in any other way? I don't think it's PTS, but I'm sure there's a word for that...

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 29, 2009, 01:06:11 pm »

Not having seen that far, I don't know what her emotional reactions look like, but as far as acting like it never happened is concerned..

Well, consider this. She was kidnapped, tortured in many ways, and kept in the dark for over a month. Then she learns it was done by the authorities; the police, no less.

Would you make a fuzz? Would you dare?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2009, 01:14:34 pm »

Actually, YES!

I'm not sure how Japan's system of law and authority is set up, but I'm sure it's not set up to allow the spontaneous abduction and subsequent torturing of it's citizens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 2193