Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1577 1578 [1579] 1580 1581 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061119 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23670 on: August 01, 2015, 06:35:10 pm »

Anyway I finished Egypt-hen of Jojo no Kimyou no bouken. I love it, even if there's gratuitous censoring...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23671 on: August 01, 2015, 06:42:19 pm »

... what was the date? Time of year makes a difference -- sunset's like 7pm right now in cairo. It was 5-ish in december. Though checking it, it looks like there's never a point that egypt hits sunset at 10. Latest looks to be around eight-ish, maybe nine on the extreme end.

Also where exactly do you live that sunset at 10pm is... normal? Guessing up north somewhere?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23672 on: August 01, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »

Yeah, I live in Michigan, I was just making an assumption with a very generous guess.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23673 on: August 01, 2015, 06:47:54 pm »

Eh, dio was involved. Blame time travel.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23674 on: August 01, 2015, 07:12:57 pm »

Ugh, I am really starting to get sick of World's Triggers episode recaps. Honestly, first five fucking minutes of every episode is recapping every damn thing that has happened so far in the anime. It's just annoying as hell. You add that in with the intro and ending songs and you honestly only get like 14 minutes of actually new content.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23675 on: August 01, 2015, 07:17:29 pm »

Ugh, I am really starting to get sick of World's Triggers episode recaps. Honestly, first five fucking minutes of every episode is recapping every damn thing that has happened so far in the anime. It's just annoying as hell. You add that in with the intro and ending songs and you honestly only get like 14 minutes of actually new content.
I always skip intros and outros unless they're really good (like Bacanno! or Cowboy Bebop).

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #23676 on: August 01, 2015, 07:23:29 pm »

I usually just go into another tab to do something else until the show actually starts, and I get annoyed because I miss the opening lines of dialogue.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23677 on: August 01, 2015, 07:39:27 pm »

I always skip intros and outros unless they're really good (like Bacanno! or Cowboy Bebop).
I tend not to skip intros, since it's usually just a minute or so long, and a lot of "streaming" type sites like netflix can end up spending more time loading after the skip than I would have saved skipping the intro anyways. On the other hand I almost always skip the endings, though I usually check in the preview or something similar to see if I need to go watch a special scene instead of just the "next time" thing after the credits.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23678 on: August 02, 2015, 01:08:00 am »

I always check after the ending just in case there's a little bit of plot that segues into the next episode. I got burned once by a show that had some major plot event happen after the ending I skipped, and on the next episode I'm like "did I miss an episode or something, why is this happening?"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23679 on: August 02, 2015, 01:26:13 am »

I had that experience with a book once. Turned out I missed a wheel of time book and didn't notice.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23680 on: August 02, 2015, 01:30:43 am »

I had that experience with a book once. Turned out I missed a wheel of time book and didn't notice.
Okay that? That would be confusing, because something like that wouldn't exactly be easily noticeable with the way Robert Jordan wrote, but would make you miss very vital plot and character relationship information. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23681 on: August 02, 2015, 06:38:09 am »

I had just assumed Matt got married offscreen.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23682 on: August 02, 2015, 11:18:56 am »

Here's a manga I know Neonivek would love:
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3101/Deep_Love:_Pao_no_Monogatari

Not going to say too much, but it's sad. Very sad, all the time. So fucking sad that it becomes lame and you want to bitchslap the author, who frequently takes time out of the story to explain how extra-sad everything is in author's voice. "This poopy world is full of poopy people who treat everyone like poop, except it's worse than poop because poop at leasts gets flushed away. When the world is done with you, there's nobody left to flush".
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:21:53 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23683 on: August 02, 2015, 04:35:39 pm »

You know a lot of people write off Mary Sues as just flat out bad, something you should immediately look at and dislike... Something usually only in the realm of bad movies and bad fanfiction.

Yet... Anime is quite full of Mary Sues.

Akagi is probably the most entertaining Mary Sue there is. He lacks any self-preservation instinct or real emotional drive, that any human being would have, and has a genius level of intelligence capable of learning an entire game instantly along with memorizing all the pieces. Along with extremely dexterous hands that allows him to flawlessly cheat whenever he wants to.

Which on its own doesn't make Akagi a Mary Sue, it just makes him exceptional. Yet the anime and manga goes on and on to glorify how amazing he is, is what boosts him right towards that point.

BUT it works with Akagi because his opponents are not only larger then life, a lot of the time, but also the world is a bit more realistic so to speak so even though Akagi is a Mary Sue he still actually has to overcome disadvantages or just flat out luck against him.

So in conclusion: If you want proof that Mary Sues can be good, look no further then anime. Trust me I wasn't even listing the exception...

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23684 on: August 02, 2015, 04:57:07 pm »

You know a lot of people write off Mary Sues as just flat out bad, something you should immediately look at and dislike... Something usually only in the realm of bad movies and bad fanfiction.

Yet... Anime is quite full of Mary Sues.

Akagi is probably the most entertaining Mary Sue there is. He lacks any self-preservation instinct or real emotional drive, that any human being would have, and has a genius level of intelligence capable of learning an entire game instantly along with memorizing all the pieces. Along with extremely dexterous hands that allows him to flawlessly cheat whenever he wants to.

Which on its own doesn't make Akagi a Mary Sue, it just makes him exceptional. Yet the anime and manga goes on and on to glorify how amazing he is, is what boosts him right towards that point.

BUT it works with Akagi because his opponents are not only larger then life, a lot of the time, but also the world is a bit more realistic so to speak so even though Akagi is a Mary Sue he still actually has to overcome disadvantages or just flat out luck against him.

So in conclusion: If you want proof that Mary Sues can be good, look no further then anime. Trust me I wasn't even listing the exception...

It is true though.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 1577 1578 [1579] 1580 1581 ... 2193