Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 [1574] 1575 1576 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061988 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23595 on: July 26, 2015, 03:41:12 am »

Kindaichi's sealed murder rooms are sort of surreal though. The guy probably set up a giant magnet outside the room to levitate some steel and hit the dude on the head when he turned the radio to a specific frequency or some improbable shit.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23596 on: July 26, 2015, 11:16:43 pm »

So, is anyone else here watching Gakkou Gurashi? The manga was pretty cool with that genre mashup and all, but the anime kicks things up 20 notches and blows everything else out of the water. Easily my AOTY

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a series that starts out as your typical schoolgirl slice of life...but given this is a show done by Nitro+, you can bet it's anything but, and any more would be a major, MAJOR spoiler. Seriously, watch it!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23597 on: July 26, 2015, 11:38:28 pm »

I plan to grab that once it has a sizeable episode count. I usually only watch the animes of last years, due to season accessibility. Exception was Kill la Kill, really.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23598 on: July 27, 2015, 12:12:03 am »

So, is anyone else here watching Gakkou Gurashi? The manga was pretty cool with that genre mashup and all, but the anime kicks things up 20 notches and blows everything else out of the water. Easily my AOTY

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, it's a series that starts out as your typical schoolgirl slice of life...but given this is a show done by Nitro+, you can bet it's anything but, and any more would be a major, MAJOR spoiler. Seriously, watch it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #23599 on: July 27, 2015, 02:45:31 am »

You know you watch a lot of anime when typing "tsun" into your google search bar comes up with both "tsundere" and several different links to wiki pages about prominent tsundere characters before it comes up with "tsunami". :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23600 on: July 27, 2015, 04:38:28 pm »

I love Gakkou Gurashi, its mixes the genres so well and most of the characters are not assholes unlike a lot of the characters of the genre.   Its really amusing watching the live-reactions when the anime reveals its true colours.  I'd really like to put the building in CataclysmDDA, and have you start on the roof and have to make your way to the first floor or live in the school like the girls do with a Cata-twist.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23601 on: July 28, 2015, 12:23:55 am »

You know... I am watching Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa is going to be bad.

But there is just something hilarious about an anime where the protagonist is asked his opinion not because he is particularly truthful or insightful.

But because he is so bad at lying and is so easily read that you know if he likes/dislikes something right away.

Heck I find it equally hilarious that he believes he is keeping his crush a secret when he is doing almost everything in his power to broadcast it, albeit unintentionally. It is actually refreshing...

Sometimes you just have to enjoy what little you get.

---

Hmmm and second episode before I slammed into the bad.

So the Vampire... basically isn't a vampire... at least not exactly

She can suck blood but doesn't ever need to (and IN FACT! sucking blood as a meal is considered perverse), she can go into the sunlight but gets a tan really fast, and pretty much acts normally.

Now I am not a stickler for Vampire lore... but come on anime, there is no tension in a relationship with someone who "is normal in everyway but has fangs and can grow wings".
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:34:50 am by Neonivek »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23602 on: July 28, 2015, 02:24:55 am »

I'm unsure about the anime, but Jitsu Wa is my #1 favorite manga. I'm not sure about the anime, but if you be dissin', there GON' BE BLOOD!

On a more serious note, despite the main character's extremely loud broadcasting the vampire's dense enough to not notice.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23603 on: July 28, 2015, 02:43:50 am »

I am honestly under the impression that the Vampire Lady isn't dense... she knows but can't handle her feelings so she projects it in other ways.

She has been shown being fully capable of hiding her feelings to the extent where the main character is only able to know the truth not by reading her expression or intonation but by knowing her.

---

In all fairness though so far the Anime has been consistently funny.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23604 on: July 28, 2015, 02:54:12 am »

Wait, how far into the plot are you?
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23605 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:11 am »

Wait, how far into the plot are you?

They had just now introduced the demon... but she hasn't really shown herself yet.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #23606 on: July 28, 2015, 02:57:59 am »

Oh, you're only up to there? It gets... Quite a bit more crazy, let us say.

Have you met the person with the house inside a dragon yet?
The circle is complete.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23607 on: July 28, 2015, 03:56:30 am »

Just watched Perfect Blue, which I decided to watch after watching Paprika. I just love how surreal and trippy this director makes his stuff. The twists and turns are excellent. Two thumbs up.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23608 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:04 am »

His other couple of films and the TV show are also really good. Sadly, he died young.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23609 on: July 29, 2015, 03:07:15 am »

His other couple of films and the TV show are also really good. Sadly, he died young.

Following up on the Satoshi Kon-fest, I just finished Millennium Actress. I thought it was a real good movie, even if it does seem like it veers around and wanders aimlessly around in the pursuit of cool shots. I still thought that even though there's so much divergence, it still ties together nicely at the end.

Apparently Satoshi is still set to have a film of his released posthumously, if Wikipedia is to be believed. No clue when, but it sounds cool.
Pages: 1 ... 1572 1573 [1574] 1575 1576 ... 2193