Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 ... 2193

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 3061520 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #23340 on: July 10, 2015, 11:22:51 pm »

I'unno, Goku seems to be doing pretty good for a saiyan parent, especially considering his own (lack of) upbringing. He hasn't intentionally used his children as interplanetary planet-depopulators, which is like an automatic step up for his species.

There's also huge swaths of the timeline we kinda' don't see, so maybe he does better behind the scenes? *shrugs* His kids seem to be doing pretty alright, all things considered, so apparently something's going something approaching alright.

E: Though now I'm half wondering how crossbreeds happened to begin with. All things considered, I think I'm just going to file that one under "A dragon did it". And maybe waggle my eyebrows a little at the implied cuckoldry.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 11:27:50 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23341 on: July 10, 2015, 11:26:02 pm »

Wow, my life, fuck it.

...I thought i didn't remember the DBZ androids having a limited lifespan.

Edit: And now I'm going to be getting updates of this thread for the rest of my life, even though I don't watch much anime.  This is what I get for following links from the OOC thread.
My bad.
Its fine.  The reason I don't watch anime is mainly just that i prefer video games to any kind of show, because of the time investment and I always binge watch shows.  Its not actual dislike of anime.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23342 on: July 10, 2015, 11:26:33 pm »

There's also huge swaths of the timeline we kinda' don't see, so maybe he does better behind the scenes? *shrugs* His kids seem to be doing pretty alright, all things considered, so apparently something's going something approaching alright.

Well... Canonically Chichi does the vast majority of the parenting... for both children.

Heck when she trained Goten he managed to become powerful even faster then Gohan did.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23343 on: July 10, 2015, 11:59:32 pm »

Wow, my life, fuck it.

...I thought i didn't remember the DBZ androids having a limited lifespan.

Edit: And now I'm going to be getting updates of this thread for the rest of my life, even though I don't watch much anime.  This is what I get for following links from the OOC thread.
My bad.
Its fine.  The reason I don't watch anime is mainly just that i prefer video games to any kind of show, because of the time investment and I always binge watch shows.  Its not actual dislike of anime.

I find that games are more of a time investment than almost all individual anime series. The vast bulk of anime shows go for 13 episodes, so are completely over in about 5 hours, whereas there are some RTS's where you can sink that amount of time or more into playing a single map out of the campaign. I basically don't play any RPGs any more because of all the grinding they require - just repeating the same actions over and over while the story spins its heels. Narrative-wise I get more bang for my buck from anime.

Try Baccano if you're interested, it's a 13 episode show, with 3 bonus eps. But it's a complete story in itself, no possibility of being expanded.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:11:11 am by Reelya »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23344 on: July 11, 2015, 12:34:35 am »

I love Baccano!!  That was somehow grammatically correct!

Yeah, I don't watch much anime but I watched that one, I'm hipster like that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23345 on: July 11, 2015, 12:40:44 am »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:56 am »

Well... Canonically Chichi does the vast majority of the parenting... for both children.

Heck when she trained Goten he managed to become powerful even faster then Gohan did.

When did Chichi train Goten?

Anyways, I think Goku's awful parenting has as much to do with him being kinda thick as his Saiyan heritage. He doesn't know much about the world of people who do things other than punching the shit out of dudes.

For as much as Vegeta beats the shit out of Trunks during their training, even he seems to be doing better than Goku on the family front. At least Vegeta is home most of the time when he's not off fighting, and Bulma's family has so much money that any job Vegeta could hold down would be insignificant anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23347 on: July 11, 2015, 06:57:37 am »

When did Chichi train Goten?
Sometime between his birth and the world martial arts tournament. It was during this training that Goten first turned SS.

Anyways, I think Goku's awful parenting has as much to do with him being kinda thick as his Saiyan heritage. He doesn't know much about the world of people who do things other than punching the shit out of dudes.
I know, right? He hadn't even seen a girl until he was like 12.

For as much as Vegeta beats the shit out of Trunks during their training, even he seems to be doing better than Goku on the family front. At least Vegeta is home most of the time when he's not off fighting, and Bulma's family has so much money that any job Vegeta could hold down would be insignificant anyway.
I don't remember Vegeta ever beating the crap out of Trunks. He only ever hit Trunks once reflexively after he hit Vegeta - something Vegeta didn't think he'd be able to do as easily as he did. Afterwards, he took him to the park (Vegeta - took his son - to the park - like a normal father....friggin Vegeta did this) like he said he would if Trunks could land a blow. Vegeta is way more proper Saiyan than Goku (PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS) so Goku's bad parenting isn't a Saiyan thing. He just sucks.

Vegeta non-jokingly better father than Goku CONFIRMED.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:00:23 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23348 on: July 11, 2015, 04:51:22 pm »

and Bulma's family has so much money that any job Vegeta could hold down would be insignificant anyway.
Maybe he could get back into the cleansing planets of all sapient life for wealthier species business?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #23349 on: July 11, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

and Bulma's family has so much money that any job Vegeta could hold down would be insignificant anyway.
Maybe he could get back into the cleansing planets of all sapient life for wealthier species business?
Maybe he could get back into proctology.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #23350 on: July 11, 2015, 05:21:04 pm »

Hey, Vegeta's a fairly modern man. I'm sure with his sugar mama's support he could hold two jobs. She'd even be a client for that first one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: July 11, 2015, 10:33:15 pm »

i like anime but I do this weird thing where if all my friend are watching something I don't want to watch it so I don't watch things like FMA or Soul Eater but I can sit back and enjoy those shows that they see as to "American" like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon all day.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23352 on: July 11, 2015, 11:33:13 pm »

Eureka Seven is doing things to my mind.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: July 12, 2015, 12:02:21 am »

Started the Stardust Crusaders arc of JoJo. The Stands are an interesting addition to the lore. I guess hamon was getting a bit overused.

Spoiler: 1st episode spoilers (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23354 on: July 12, 2015, 12:09:18 am »

Started the Stardust Crusaders arc of JoJo. The Stands are an interesting addition to the lore. I guess hamon was getting a bit overused.

Spoiler: 1st episode spoilers (click to show/hide)
I must say, near the end of the stardust crusaders arc, I could really see the effects of anime time dilation, it was kind of insane how long each second took for how much they said.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 ... 2193